WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How often do you drink?

BlackJack58

Reaction score
Mondays thru Wednesdays - I may drink a beer or two when I get home. Or not.

Thursdays - Dollar Domestic night at the local watering hole, which is essentially the neighborhood living room. Shoot the shit with the neighbors, and down 7-10 Bud Light Limes - then walk home.

Fridays - may not drink at all - unless wife and I go out, then maybe a couple beers.

Saturdays / Sundays - I usually work all morning and float around in the pool for the afternoon, with Coronas, shandies or BLL. That's several - though I may ease off if we're going out Saturday night, or having people over.

I like dark, rich beers in cold weather and lighter stuff during the hot weather. Don't drink wine much - except when we have people over for dinner during the winter. I drink Vodka and Gin - Tanq & Tonic is always welcome when it's hot. Whiskey, Bourbon, Rum - they don't agree with me so much - and it seems every time I drink Tequila I get into trouble.

4Waters

Reaction score
20180712_213855.png

NicPaus

Reaction score
Few BLs while I wait for my dinner to finish cooking right now. Ribeye fried potatoes Brussel sprouts and Beer on the menu.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I haven’t had a drop since the boat show in 2015 I think. Last beer I had was a Dave and summit Karl. I never enjoyed the taste. I always drank for one reason and that was to get drunk. I used to drink a lot. I have record of a certain night and that only because I ended up and jail and have the police reports and and the court records. Going off memory it was 19 shots of jager, 4 shots of tequaila and 4 pitchers of beer. That was on my tab anyways. Again I know this because I walked out on the tab and that’s basically the start of why I was arrested. According to the blood test at the station I was a .33. My attorney sent a sample to a private lab to be tested it came back .34. In all honesty I know I’ve beem much more drunk than I was that night. Second time getting arrested for drinking I was a .26. That was all beer but we had got into a huge bar fight that night and I feel like that made everything hit me harder. Anyways I’m pretty glad I stopped. Life has been so much better to me without all the bullshit.a nice cigar for me now a days is the ticket

Dalton

Reaction score
i work in a strict muslim country, its against my companies policies to drink, because youre basically on call 24/7 and cant respond to a problem intoxicated, so I don't drink, I hear about illegal parties here and there but I just don't bother

Last edited:

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I haven’t had a drop since the boat show in 2015 I think. Last beer I had was a Dave and summit Karl. I never enjoyed the taste. I always drank for one reason and that was to get drunk. I used to drink a lot. I have record of a certain night and that only because I ended up and jail and have the police reports and and the court records. Going off memory it was 19 shots of jager, 4 shots of tequaila and 4 pitchers of beer. That was on my tab anyways. Again I know this because I walked out on the tab and that’s basically the start of why I was arrested. According to the blood test at the station I was a .33. My attorney sent a sample to a private lab to be tested it came back .34. In all honesty I know I’ve beem much more drunk than I was that night. Second time getting arrested for drinking I was a .26. That was all beer but we had got into a huge bar fight that night and I feel like that made everything hit me harder. Anyways I’m pretty glad I stopped. Life has been so much better to me without all the bullshit.a nice cigar for me now a days is the ticket
It's pretty cool to see you get your life sorted out there Vic. I never comment on your threads but I read a lot of them, it sounds like you've got a really good thing going on out at the school. Don't know if I ever mentioned this to you or not but I pulled my withdraw card from the carpenters Union in 2001. I've been self employed ever since. :)

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I don't require alcohol. Tried it when I was a teen and didn't like it, I didn't cave in to peer pressure and that was that. I do find it ridiculous when people sensationalize something with zero upside but whatever....

renodaytona

Reaction score
I drank in High School a lot. After I graduated I stopped and didn't have a drop for 21 years. I had some drinks 4th of July 2016 and I partake a few days a week since. I can live with out it but some bourbon and a good tasting cigar is a good end to a long day for me.

94essex

Reaction score
Bought a box of wine tonight. So i guess youre imaginations can run wild with that one. Mainly only drink coors lights on the weekends.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
A Starbucks and Baileys sounds good right now.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Bought a box of wine tonight. So i guess youre imaginations can run wild with that one. Mainly only drink coors lights on the weekends.

There are actually some really good boxed wines. On par with $10-$15 bottles.

endobear

Reaction score
If you were to ask my wife I drink to much.
I say I don't drink enough. Sometimes...

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm going drinking later tonight. Waiting for the bar to fill up before going. So like 10pm. Rare I'm not driving, so my two drink limit is off.

nameisbond

Reaction score
See the above post...:p:p

It was like that...… Our bars are hit and miss ever since they closed the army base 10 to 15 years ago. Now the girls go into clubs in Vancouver to drink and party. I didn't feel like driving 45 minutes there and back to drink and meet chicks.

Mock Auntie

Reaction score
Not enough this week. Could use one of these. [emoji483]
IMG_0294.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
7C327142-EF9D-4769-A549-C17D8A6FB761.jpeg
789FF878-394E-452D-A4E7-F3C579886439.jpeg
...Not to sure what to do with this unopened bottle of whiskey...No clue as to how old it is... but the price tag says $4.99 ???...
...Apparently my parents bought it at some point in time and it never got opened...they really didn’t do much in the way of drinking... so possibly it was a Christmas present or they had intended to open it on a New Year’s Eve of some year or other???

mobldj

Reaction score
once in awhile.dodger game yesterday only had half a beer.no biggy to drink.i personally dont understand the dependency

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
....and the answer was?

No way man. That's Canadian all week and twice on Sunday.

This is a better representation of some cheesehead bow candy...

I'm taking applications for deck hand...

Again... lolol...

1st question is usually, "can you back up a trailer?"

milkmoney

Reaction score
No way man. That's Canadian all week and twice on Sunday.

This is a better representation of some cheesehead bow candy...

I'm taking applications for deck hand...

Again... lolol...

1st question is usually, "can you back up a trailer?" View attachment 664411
Applications again [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nameisbond

Reaction score
A local bar and grill has ladies night tonight. I might check it out...…. Last one was kind of dead.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I either drink all the beers, or none of the beers. I don't drink during the week, and i'm not big on having "a beer" while mowing the lawn or cleaning the pool. But when it's time to drink.....game on! I may go 3 weeks or more without drinking till there is an occasion to do so, but then we go big.
At the river.....i'll have a bloody in the morning, a few beers throughout the day spaced out, but after 5pm its on like donkey kong

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
View attachment 664497 View attachment 664496 ...Not to sure what to do with this unopened bottle of whiskey...No clue as to how old it is... but the price tag says $4.99 ???...
...Apparently my parents bought it at some point in time and it never got opened...they really didn’t do much in the way of drinking... so possibly it was a Christmas present or they had intended to open it on a New Year’s Eve of some year or other???

Not good from the Whiskey Reviewer:

Rating: C-

Among straight bourbon whiskeys standards, few brands have quite the same reputation for low cost and reliability as Ancient Age. The brand has been around since after the Second World War, and for a long time the bourbon was the entry-level whiskey and big bulk seller of the George T. Stagg Distillery, now known as Buffalo Trace. Indeed, Stagg was sometimes referred to as the Ancient Age Distillery. Back when I was a college student working in a bowling alley, a handful of the Ancient Age workers formed a distillery team for one of the league nights.

The Bourbon
Basic Ancient Age is a young straight bourbon bottled at 80 proof, and although there is no aging statement the contents are roughly three years old. That youth is plain to the eye, since the coloring is a pale amber, something like gold with a little copper mixed in.

Keeping all that in mind, the nose is surprisingly rich and floral, thick with corn sweetness and orange zest, with a teaspoon of vanilla added in for good measure. From a sniffing point of view, this is actually quite a good bourbon.

On the palate, Ancient Age veers back to expectation. The whiskey offers the core bourbon flavors — corny sweet, a little spice, caramel, vanilla — with a touch of dry woodiness, but the texture is much too thin to progress beyond. Following that young and thin line, the finish is nice and warm, but otherwise undistinguished.

The Price
The price tag is where Ancient Age has always been a winner. Unremarkable it might be, but a fifth (750 ml) is routinely available for $13 or less. Even the one liter bottles rarely run more than $17, and the most expensive I have ever seen a 1.75 liter bottle go for with my own eyes is $2