WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HOW PONTOONS ARE MEASURED...WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
FIRST OFF... MODEL NUMBERS MEAN ABSLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

you really need to know this...especially if you are buying, and what power to get...

first... deck size....all you have to do is measure it...if it a 21.5 long deck..it's a 21.5 boat...

next is whats called shoe box size.... that is what it measures if it was in a box, so if that measures 24' , you still have a 21.5' toon...

next is garage size.... that's what it needs to park in garage...(no folding tongue) ...

I bought a 250 model...just the deck measured 27'6''... huge...I stepped up from the 230 model, thinking it was 23' and the 250 was only 2' biger… well, the 230, one I have now,... is 23'10", as is my wifes godfrey...so both I have now are 23'10'' deck pontoons..

with small outboards... that's gonna make a difference..

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
I know Playcraft toons are usually within 6” of the model number

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve, Steve, Steve!!!!!
LOL.... seems to me that you were with me while I was tape measuring the decks on the toons...all the while everyone there was giving the "what the fuc are those guys doing look...:D, how the new toon working out?

SLT Kota

Reaction score
That is good to know. I'm surprised they are sometimes bigger than the model number, always figured they would be a little smaller or the length would include the engine.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That is good to know. I'm surprised they are sometimes bigger than the model number, always figured they would be a little smaller or the length would include the engine.
thanks, another thing that I found.. is measure gate to gate...up to 3' difference builder to builder on the same 24' pontoon

SLT Kota

Reaction score
thanks, another thing that I found.. is measure gate to gate...up to 3' difference builder to builder on the same 24' pontoon

Thanks, I assume you mean front gate to rear gate?

I've just started shopping and I am a little overwhelmed by all the different options.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Thanks, I assume you mean front gate to rear gate?

I've just started shopping and I am a little overwhelmed by all the different options.
yes, ….advise,... take your time when in them to really see what you are getting...seems for us what we though we had to have was the first things we didn't like..

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
LOL.... seems to me that you were with me while I was tape measuring the decks on the toons...all the while everyone there was giving the "what the fuc are those guys doing look...:D, how the new toon working out?
Yep, I was there holding the dumb end of the tape! Well, we finally get to run it this week. Can't believe how busy we have been with family and this last week we had a very dear old friend stay with us here on the North end. He wound up buying a house and is on his way back to Florida to sell that house and pack up. Damn, hope all this busy shit is done for awhile so we can boat with the rest of the toon folks on RDP. Thanks for asking!! Say hi to Sue, from us.