WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How Serious do you take your RDP?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
There's been many times where people banter back and forth on the forum but ultimately have a beer when they run into each other at the river, or some off event away from the river. We all have our reasons for being here whether it's to learn, get away from the seriousness of life, to have some fun, to banter, or just because you're bored or looking for serious advice.

But how serious do you take the internet? If you had a disagreement and told someone you'd punch them, do you really think you'd punch them when you saw them? Do you really think that Froggy would react to meeting somebody he said "You don't live far enough away from me to talk that way" in a negative way? Or would he crack open a beer and start talking about dual jet drives?

Plenty of people have stated Grads is cool off the internet but do some of you really think you'd punk him in person? I think that was proven on the HotBoat harbor cruise back in the day that we're all boaters when it comes down to it and we'll all be peaceful. So how serious do you take your RDP? Does it really affect your real life relationships? Or can you see there is a difference?

Spot

Reaction score
I use RDP as a resource for information and for entertainment. I steer clear from the heavy debates primarily because I don’t have the time or desire to go back and forth with people.

The banter and insults are lame. I know for a fact most people would never talk to each other that way in the real life so why get involved in that stuff. I prefer kindness and helpfulness to our fellow boaters - Americans.

But yes, RDP is serious and should be treated as such. If people come on here and act inappropriate it drives away the normal folks looking for entertainment and information. Ultimately, the good peeps who provide content is what makes this place what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wallnutz

Reaction score
Oh fuck, I thought this was the Really Dumb People website. No wonder you fucks always talk about boats.:D
It's pure entertainment for me, coupled with some knowledge with just about anything under the sun. There is a wide variety of people here, with a couple of keyboard cowboys included.

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
I enjoy the site and take it all with a grain of salt. Greg hooked me a couple of times, but he is just after a reaction and I'd have a beer with him or pretty much anyone else on here. Now some I'd like to sit and have many beers with.:cool::D:)

Shortdeck

Reaction score
IMG_3550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well you just mixed three different forums into the first post so.. lol

When is the last time you saw someone get that worked up on here?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yes and no. depends on who is posting. Would never punch anyone for something stupid they said online and would definitely have a beer with everyone on here. Good people, even the liberals lol.

BONER

Reaction score
I haven't been on many Forums in the past few years, mainly because work took over all of my free time and hobbies. Use to visit 6-7 Religiously everyday. I like this site. Reminds me alot of Yellowbullet. Lot's of info, lots of Current Events, and of course the site Comedians and / or Black Sheep.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Need to have thick skin around here and cannot take the bantering to heart. This place provides pure entertainment and some good information when needed and requested. This place gave me something to look forward to when my health wasn't doing so well with the heart attack and kidney stone debacle back in 2008-2010 and I thank everyone for that.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Have you been to the Politics & Government forum lately? :D

Honestly I pretty rarely go in there.. I was gonna do a scorched earth deal and just obliterate our couple of libs we have on here... but then I realized there's like 3 of them, they are already mentally ill and refuse to listen to any facts.. so why waste the time and effort.

RD

spectras only

Reaction score
Stay out of the political forum and you're good to be here.;) I can't remember members much involved in political debates on the old Hot Boat. Don't even remember if there was a political section at all. Look at how Facebook turned friends/relatives against each other sometimes. I have friends [ majority of them turned left o_O] on Facebook I have to put them on ignore when they start talking politics. Some are totally serious about their stance on politics, unlike guys like Grads and others here who just like to stir up emotions.:p I don't take RDP seriously enough to get wound up too much.:)

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Honestly I pretty rarely go in there.. I was gonna do a scorched earth deal and just obliterate our couple of libs we have on here... but then I realized there's like 3 of them, they are already mentally ill and refuse to listen to any facts.. so why waste the time and effort.

RD
It's better they get a daily pounding of reality on that forum than killing that forum.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I would have no need to be a dick to anyone in person. It's just the internet, not real life. I'm pretty sure some of the libs here just enjoy trolling.

The real libs I could spot pretty quickly in real life. And I just would not enjoy their company. No need to be a dick. Any cold beer is good with me.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I do take some things serious and some things not. I don't take serious the banter back and forth, I think its all in good fun and would have a beer with anyone on hear, but if I'm looking for some serious boating advise re repairs, boat info, help in Parker this is the place I come to. The funny stories and banter is always entertaining.

When my transmission went out in Parker this was the place that I came to. People referred me to Shadow (Robinson Automotive) and he got my truck fixed and family back home safely. There is allot to be said about that. And I respect it.

530RL

Reaction score
Those people are so brainwashed and so low IQ there's virtually nothing you could say that will change their mind. Turns out propaganda works on the weak minded.
RD

I believe the famous historical quote is.......

"never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

"never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

Wish there was a little blurb on projection in there but overall good

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Those people are so brainwashed and so low IQ there's virtually nothing you could say that will change their mind. Turns out propaganda works on the weak minded.
RD

These arent the droids youre looking for.
They can go about their business...

lebel409

Reaction score
All the peeps I've met in person are cool, some seem great online and would like to meet them and others, even if alleged to be cool in person, stir shit for no reason and would get hit with the ban hammer instantly. I miss the antics that some of the old haute bote folks provided.

I feel that if help is needed, RDP is there, just the way the boating community is at large.

To me it's a better community than most churches, but that bar is pretty low...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

RD

Well, they’ve now turned the P&G into a gay bath house.

500bbc

Reaction score
Stay out of the political forum and you're good to be here.;) I can't remember members much involved in political debates on the old Hot Boat. Don't even remember if there was a political section at all. Look at how Facebook turned friends/relatives against each other sometimes. I have friends [ majority of them turned left o_O] on Facebook I have to put them on ignore when they start talking politics. Some are totally serious about their stance on politics, unlike guys like Grads and others here who just like to stir up emotions.:p I don't take RDP seriously enough to get wound up too much.:)

Of course there was, some of the same mentally ill players here now.:confused:

Mock Auntie

Reaction score
I feel like RDP is some crazy musical similar to Monte Python Spam-A-Lot. Everyone plays their part to add to the comedy but if you were broken down and floating down river 99.9% of these fuggers would fire up and come save any of us. It’s true. All bark very little bite. They would probably even give you a beer while they tow you back. Everyone I’ve met has been super cool. If you really need information you can get it here between the sarcasm, memes and jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So there is a lot of talk of Keyboard warriors etc.. I think perception is reality sometimes, but in this case realty doesn't match the perception.

I have little doubt I view this place with some rose colored glasses because I own it.. That and I actually practice what I preach in the idea that if it doesn't interest me I don't click on it. So I might miss some stuff?

That all said, I don't really see people arguing on here near as much as I do on other forums / facebook / websites etc..

I talk to people in the biz and they say "Forums is where they bash businesses" I say "You are mistaking my forum for the old Hotboat, we don't really get a lot of that on mine?"

I dunno..

I can tell you we are getting ready to do some big shit website wise!! RDP 4.7 coming soon! :)

RD

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You're right RD but I think RD's Place used to be a lot more uh, shall we say, contentious. RDP is a kinder, gentler place now but there are also fewer river chick pics these days :eek:

Reactions: DWC

H2O

Reaction score

Good sense of history sir:

THE BIG LIE THEORY: HOW ADOLF HITLER AND JOSEPH GOEBBELS STILL INFLUENCE MODERN POLITICS

The Big Lie theory is a phrase coined by none other than Adolph Hilter in that thrill per minute bestseller of his, Mein Kampf. A book which Donald Trump has referred to as "a good read".

As originally used by Hitler, it basically means that if you are going to lie... lie big. According to Der Führer, the sheep which make up the public are simpletons who themselves perpetrate small lies constantly, but are either ashamed or too cowardly to tell big ones. So if you deal with them, make the lie as big as possible, because they'll be inclined to accept it easier, because they can't even comprehend how someone could or would get away with telling such a whopper (this is all paraphrasing Mr. Hitler). It is worth noting that rather than admit that Germany themselves used this technique, he instead blamed it on the Jews.

Joseph Goebbels also referred to the concept. He insisted that the English leaders, Churchill in particular, used Big Lies constantly. But then turned around and used the concept himself to justify The Holocaust. The German Big Lie was that the Jews were dangerous to their society because they "started World War I", that they ruled the UK, US and Russia, and that left unchecked they wanted to (and would) destroy Germany.

During WWII, the OSS (Office of Strategic Services--the predecessor of the CIA) even picked up the phrase and used it to describe Hitler himself:

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

If that sounds like anyone involved in the current political cycle... well..

These days the Big Lie has been boiled down to the following maxim: lie about something OFTEN enough, with enough of a senses of absolute assurance, and eventually everyone will start acting like it is actually the truth. The original truth... the ACTUAL truth... typically won't matter anymore, because people will be SO sold on The Big Lie that they won't reverse themselves easily (if at all), regardless of what evidence you present.