WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How Serious do you take your RDP?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I use this site for advice on who to use for this and that, and to see if someone may have had the same issue as I’m having at the moment. I take everything with a grain of salt. If I wonder off mechanical issues, or something about Havasu, it’s probably because I’ve had a few “Betty’s” and I prolly shouldn’t be typing anyway.

Seriously,,,,lololololol.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You will get more accurate and genuine knowledgeable assistance with mechanical issues of all sorts from boating to your truck, to your home AC, to so much more here than any other Motorsports forum. Quite a wealth of experiences and knowledge here.
I'm active in many forums and can speak from experience.

I say motor sports forums because that's pretty much our common interests beyond stories about Bildoe hammering a nail in a 2X4 with his dick.

rush1

Reaction score
This isn't Facebook you know :D

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
You will get more accurate and genuine knowledgeable assistance with mechanical issues of all sorts from boating to your truck, to your home AC, to so much more here than any other Motorsports forum. Quite a wealth of experiences and knowledge here.
I'm active in many forums and can speak from experience.

I say motor sports forums because that's pretty much our common interests beyond stories about Bildoe hammering a nail in a 2X4 with his dick.

You sure do like to talk about Billdo’s “hammer”.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
There's been many times where people banter back and forth on the forum but ultimately have a beer when they run into each other at the river, or some off event away from the river. We all have our reasons for being here whether it's to learn, get away from the seriousness of life, to have some fun, to banter, or just because you're bored or looking for serious advice.

But how serious do you take the internet? If you had a disagreement and told someone you'd punch them, do you really think you'd punch them when you saw them? Do you really think that Froggy would react to meeting somebody he said "You don't live far enough away from me to talk that way" in a negative way? Or would he crack open a beer and start talking about dual jet drives?

Plenty of people have stated Grads is cool off the internet but do some of you really think you'd punk him in person? I think that was proven on the HotBoat harbor cruise back in the day that we're all boaters when it comes down to it and we'll all be peaceful. So how serious do you take your RDP? Does it really affect your real life relationships? Or can you see there is a difference?
I take it pretty seriously. Enough peeps have met me that they know I'm not full of shit. After a brief learning curve, I figured out not to comment on shit I know nothing about...

Cross me, and I'll whoop your west coast ass....

;)

Fuck milkmoney. :p:p:p:p

I'm only a foot taller than him, and twice as angry....:cool:

Nah. Really. I'll drive 31 hours just to slap ya. Dont be a dick...
Lolol....

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I take this site pretty serious...Ive met some great people that turned me onto new things. Ive spent time with cool people i would have never met because of this site. This site helped me build our boat...Lots of great people here lots of loonies as well.

as for any arguments who gives a shit. if you cant have an argument and then shake that guys hand for disagreeing with ya and all is good what kind of world are we living in....oh wait...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
How serious?

E443EA26-BA84-481A-B7BA-C156DB296F32.jpeg

River Runnin

Reaction score
I try and take it serious right up until the post where someone wants to put a bbq or air conditioner on their boat. Or when Grads post pretty much anything. Otherwise its all good. :D:D

I have the Honda 2000, probably gonna add some blinding LED bars, and yes an a/c unit! ;)

buck35

Reaction score
Good sense of history sir:

THE BIG LIE THEORY: HOW ADOLF HITLER AND JOSEPH GOEBBELS STILL INFLUENCE MODERN POLITICS

The Big Lie theory is a phrase coined by none other than Adolph Hilter in that thrill per minute bestseller of his, Mein Kampf. A book which Donald Trump has referred to as "a good read".

As originally used by Hitler, it basically means that if you are going to lie... lie big. According to Der Führer, the sheep which make up the public are simpletons who themselves perpetrate small lies constantly, but are either ashamed or too cowardly to tell big ones. So if you deal with them, make the lie as big as possible, because they'll be inclined to accept it easier, because they can't even comprehend how someone could or would get away with telling such a whopper (this is all paraphrasing Mr. Hitler). It is worth noting that rather than admit that Germany themselves used this technique, he instead blamed it on the Jews.

Joseph Goebbels also referred to the concept. He insisted that the English leaders, Churchill in particular, used Big Lies constantly. But then turned around and used the concept himself to justify The Holocaust. The German Big Lie was that the Jews were dangerous to their society because they "started World War I", that they ruled the UK, US and Russia, and that left unchecked they wanted to (and would) destroy Germany.

During WWII, the OSS (Office of Strategic Services--the predecessor of the CIA) even picked up the phrase and used it to describe Hitler himself:

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

If that sounds like anyone involved in the current political cycle... well..

These days the Big Lie has been boiled down to the following maxim: lie about something OFTEN enough, with enough of a senses of absolute assurance, and eventually everyone will start acting like it is actually the truth. The original truth... the ACTUAL truth... typically won't matter anymore, because people will be SO sold on The Big Lie that they won't reverse themselves easily (if at all), regardless of what evidence you present.

Years ago while working at the same factory as my dad he'd ordered a new truck out of an.ad in the back of a magazine . So when it's about ready he takes a.wekks vacation and I tell everyone he is flying to Detroit to pick it up . A couple days later I casually mention he has broken down in nd and ford has sent. A carrier out to get the.truck and are flying him back to Detroit.:D
This spreads like wildfire and a couple hours later the plant manager shows up asking all about it, and if he is going to make it back on time. The more it spread the more outlandish we made it and everyone just gobbled it up.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I take it pretty seriously. Enough peeps have met me that they know I'm not full of shit. After a brief learning curve, I figured out not to comment on shit I know nothing about...

;)

Lolol....
Ok, I wasnt going to comment in this thread. Why the fuck u gotta bring me into this shit. Way to serious. [emoji6]

I have no comment , as all you assclowns know , I dont even like people ....[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score

;)

Lolol....
Epic post:D

Taboma

Reaction score

;)

Lolol....

Oh cool, another road trip
Thumbs up-2.jpg

Headless hula

Reaction score
20180714_174318.jpg
Ok, I wasnt going to comment in this thread. Why the fuck u gotta bring me into this shit. Way to serious. [emoji6]

I have no comment , as all you assclowns know , I dont even like people ....[emoji202]

Were out on the water today, or just wiping down the trailer queen?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s simple to me, we all are here ultimately because we all hate Grads! Ooh shit i mean because we all share the same passion, and with any passion well we get more passionate on certain occasions, topics, and even certain days. And with that becomes little school yard quarrels that are over within seconds of hitting the “submit reply” button.

I just wish that we had some special hats with our screen names on them lol, i saw at least thirty RDP hats today but have no clue if i actually met any actual RDP’rs

Headless hula

Reaction score
The fuck is that?:eek:
Tree trunk?
Kinda looks like a gator, lol
Old submerged tree.

I typically boat on the Wisconsin river. Its dammed up all over the place. The deadfalls are still around. Gotta know where the hell your goin. ;)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Old submerged tree.

I typically boat on the Wisconsin river. Its dammed up all over the place. The deadfalls are still around. Gotta know where the hell your goin. ;)
That shit’d freak me out.
See, I’d have to shoot that 2-9 times to make sure that isn’t a critter before I’d stand in it like that. Looks to gator to me.

Backlash

Reaction score
If you take RDP serious then you have problems. Its a cool place to hang when yore trying to wind down at the end of the day. It's funny to get people all wound up only to follow your smartass comments up with a huge smile so HOPEFULLY they know you're just being a dumbass! :D

Lots of cool peeps and lots of good information when you need it. I turn here before I turn anywhere else for information. ;)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I would have no need to be a dick to anyone in person. It's just the internet, not real life. I'm pretty sure some of the libs here just enjoy trolling.

The real libs I could spot pretty quickly in real life. And I just would not enjoy their company. No need to be a dick. Any cold beer is good with me.
are you the same guy that used to post up those badd ass dirt cars???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I feel like RDP is some crazy musical similar to Monte Python Spam-A-Lot. Everyone plays their part to add to the comedy but if you were broken down and floating down river 99.9% of these fuggers would fire up and come save any of us. It’s true. All bark very little bite. They would probably even give you a beer while they tow you back. Everyone I’ve met has been super cool. If you really need information you can get it here between the sarcasm, memes and jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well looky here...how you been girl???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Old submerged tree.

lol... I thought it as a bigger they are the harder they fall, after the "I whip your west coast ass post...

Mock Auntie

Reaction score
well looky here...how you been girl???

Great :) How are you? We just got another boat and live up in the delta now (East Bay) so came back to get some boating advice, routing, learn the lay of the land...err, water. Currently in Tahoe for Celebrity Golf week.
IMG_7091.JPG

A few showers rolled in this morning.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Great :) How are you? We just got another boat and live up in the delta now (East Bay) so came back to get some boating advice, routing, learn the lay of the land...err, water. Currently in Tahoe for Celebrity Golf week. View attachment 664395
A few showers rolled in this morning.

good to hear all is well, all good here,

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How'd that work out for you with the big guy outside your shop? :D

I wondered who was gonna bring that up! LoL

This is a great place for info. So many different peeps from so many different walks of life. That's the best part of here now.

Before it was different, just pure comedy. But too many people got butt hurt about it, so RD had to reel that in.

Seriously, I've met some life long friends on this place. And seen people post that seriously scare me!

It's a giant melting pot around here that's for dam sure, but I'm thinking that's exactly how it should be.

:cool:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Exactly. But here's the cool part, I've purchased not only the Excursion(last month) but a sand rail from Steve. When I've spoken to him on the phone and go up to his house, he is a genuine cool guy. My most recent trip up there last month and we joked about that story in person. He knows the internet is the internet and we can punk each other with jokes and we're the same person off the internet and won't hold what's said here as a truly personal attack. It is what it is.

I'm just saying, some people think this is hardcore life and a joke here is like kicking your dog. Life's too short to be that ridiculous. When it's time to be serious, helping somebody out, this place acts the course. When it's just time to have fun, like with Uncle Milk(f)y, it's okay to act the fool.

I wondered who was gonna bring that up! LoL

This is a great place for info. So many different peeps from so many different walks of life. That's the best part of here now.

Before it was different, just pure comedy. But too many people got butt hurt about it, so RD had to reel that in.

Seriously, I've met some life long friends on this place. And seen people post that seriously scare me!

It's a giant melting pot around here that's for dam sure, but I'm thinking that's exactly how it should be.

:cool:

milkmoney

Reaction score
Exactly. But here's the cool part, I've purchased not only the Excursion(last month) but a sand rail from Steve. When I've spoken to him on the phone and go up to his house, he is a genuine cool guy. My most recent trip up there last month and we joked about that story in person. He knows the internet is the internet and we can punk each other with jokes and we're the same person off the internet and won't hold what's said here as a truly personal attack. It is what it is.

I'm just saying, some people think this is hardcore life and a joke here is like kicking your dog. Life's too short to be that ridiculous. When it's time to be serious, helping somebody out, this place acts the course. When it's just time to have fun, like with Uncle Milk(f)y, it's okay to act the fool.
Did u jus call me a fool ??? [emoji6] [emoji202]