WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to avoid StageCoach Traffic

Parkerlife

Here hold my beer!
Reaction score
It seems every year, I have to brace for a 7 hour drive home from the river during StageCoach. This year I’ve been trying to figure out any side roads, dirt roads or anything possible. Anyone have any luck from Parker to Orange County, thought about the 371 route but that gets slammed too, maybe try down to Brawley and over.

Easiest way is to wait tell Monday but no go with the kids and school, Desert Storm is worth it but the traffic sucks coming home haha.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Living on the mountain, I just used the back side of Big Bear to Yucca valley. I came home with my boat that way yesterday as well.

Parkerlife

Here hold my beer!
Reaction score
Living on the mountain, I just used the back side of Big Bear to Yucca valley. I came home with my boat that way yesterday as well.
Ya was thinking 29 palms over as well, I took the 74 over to Anza last week and would be perfect but that gets slammed too.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
It seems every year, I have to brace for a 7 hour drive home from the river during StageCoach. This year I’ve been trying to figure out any side roads, dirt roads or anything possible. Anyone have any luck from Parker to Orange County, thought about the 371 route but that gets slammed too, maybe try down to Brawley and over.

Easiest way is to wait tell Monday but no go with the kids and school, Desert Storm is worth it but the traffic sucks coming home haha.

waiting to monday is no better maybe worse. I had a couple service call out there monday after and was the worst I have ever seen all the way to beaumont. Going over the 74 into Hemet might work out.

Hunkydory_Hallett

Reaction score
The last two weekends (Coachella) we left Parker about 6:30 pm and pulled in the driveway in Long Beach about 11. Wasn't that big of deal really. Last year we left on a Monday and that was a big mistake 9+ hours to get home. I would assume most would stay to watch Jason Alden go on at 9:15 Sunday night....

AJ13

Reaction score
waiting to Monday is no better maybe worse. I had a couple service call out there monday after and was the worst I have ever seen all the way to Beaumont. Going over the 74 into Hemet might work out.
74 to Hemet is closed because a washed out road. Best bet would be take rice road to the 62 and over to Victorville. Or make the drive up to the 40 and come down the 15

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Leave in the morning on Sunday. Stagecoach doesn’t until almost midnight Sunday

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

I usually leave Havasu by 8am and never have a problem going thru Palm Springs. It beats going thru Barstow with all the Motorcycles.

Parkerlife

Here hold my beer!
Reaction score
Last year left Sunday morning and still were pretty slammed, just been exploring different ways. 2 weeks ago we took a dirt road from the 62 to Morongo, fun road but still screwed on the 10.

Parkerlife

Here hold my beer!
Reaction score
The goal is to enjoy Sunday on the boat, then find some hidden road to avoid some of the 10 traffic.

Was just curious what everyone does this time of the year.

River Runnin

Reaction score
The goal is to enjoy Sunday on the boat, then find some hidden road to avoid some of the 10 traffic.

Was just curious what everyone does this time of the year.
Stay!...Boat!...bitch about construction/traffic on Havasu blvd!

77charger

Reaction score
Ya was thinking 29 palms over as well, I took the 74 over to Anza last week and would be perfect but that gets slammed too.
Dealt with it a few years ago but your gonna get the stagecrap traffic to the cut off to yucca valley too.The year i got it was the river run too think i should have gone the 40 and deal with the bikers vs the fake country crowds

DWC

Reaction score
Helicopter!
The way my wife packs i don’t even think a Huey is big enough. Bikes, coolers, booze and enough clothes for 2 weeks. I’m guessing the watermelon that make the trip to and from the river last weekend will make another appearance.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Left yesterday at 645 pm home by 1035. No traffic from Coachella. Almost beat my time for drive out. Left Friday at 740 and was no traffic. Could not believe if it at first but made my best time in at least 5 years on Friday of a holiday weekend at that. Maybe these high gas prices are worth it :)

Reactions: DWC

Dana757

Reaction score
Last year left Sunday morning and still were pretty slammed, just been exploring different ways. 2 weeks ago we took a dirt road from the 62 to Morongo, fun road but still screwed on the 10.
what is the name of the dirt road? or where did you pick it up at?

Parkerlife

Here hold my beer!
Reaction score
what is the name of the dirt road? or where did you pick it up at?
Found it off Dillon road, make sure you have a 4x4 part of the sand parts get soft. Check out google earth, that’s how I found most of the trails. Even tried that road to the left of the 10 that goes parallel with freeway but you end up at outlet connection.

Last edited:

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Let the gas prices go to $7/gal. Helps keep the riff raff away

Last edited:

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
The major traffic is on Monday morning starting around 8 am. Sunday is no big deal. FYI I live in the Coachella Valley and until recently commuted for work and had to deal with this for the last 6 years.

Enjoy Sunday on the lake and then head home. Do pay attention as you enter the valley as CHP will be heavily patrolling for speeders and DUI.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I live off the 371 , here's one of FB posts up here. Lol The last 2 weekends there has been 8 crashes on the 79 and 6 on the 371 . The state took away most of the passing lanes, so the local hicks from the next town over seem to think they can pass on the corners. Good luck
FB_IMG_1556069357749.jpg

Reactions: dmh