WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to burn a new HID

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I changed the registration of my 72 Glastron project boat to AZ. Game and Fish sent me a HID that is to be “burned, carved, stamped, embossed, molded, bonded, or otherwise permanently affixed.”

Any ideas on what is the best method and what tools to use so it doesn’t look like a hatchet job?
Thanks

Last edited:

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Thanks, but while that is good for the suggested inside HIN, the outside must be permanent like a mfg makes.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I changed the registration of my 72 Glastron project boat to AZ. Game and Fish sent me a HID that is to be “burned, carved, stamped, embossed, molded, bonded, or otherwise permanently affixed.”

Any ideas on what is the best method and what tools to use so it doesn’t look like a hatchet job?
Thanks

I've seen a few stainless plates riveted on (much like a jet ski) which would likely suffice. If not, maybe try calling Saleen in LHC and see what they suggest.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

Thanks

I had a trophy shop make two tags. These tags are the same number as my Az numbers. One was RIVETED to the right side of the transom.
The other, went in an inconspicuous place, they recommended above the steering, under side of the dash, or on the passenger side under the dash. Again, RIVETED. Not screwed or bolted.

This was from Az Game and Fish.

The boat was a '75 Saguaro 18' jet.
Good old California DMV had it as a '57. First fiberglass boats weren't until '59, or '60.

Dan'l

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
A screw or bolt is temporary, adhesive or rivets are permanent. VIN on my offroad car is adhesive as per Parker MVD they gave those two options only and i didn’t want to drill into my chassis.