WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to Finance/Find Investors for a small business.....

HavasuSelect

I Told You RD Doesn't Sux
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on this topic? I'm a very long way off but also very curious. I have very little capital and a strong desire to get out of the "rat race". Thanks in advance...

Earl-Bob

wana c my member
Reaction score
It takes money sure but what it really takes is BALLS not to mention all that other stuff.

Angry Inch

Hung like a light switch.
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on this topic? I'm a very long way off but also very curious. I have very little capital and a strong desire to get out of the "rat race". Thanks in advance...

Do you have a business plan drafted?

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
What are you looking to do ? How much do you "need" to make a year?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Do you have a business plan drafted?

I'd say this is the first step. Put the idea on paper. There are a lot of people out there looking to invest in ideas. Finding the best one to fit your style is the difficult part.

Some ideas are viable to a bank through the SBAExpress programs. This is suitable for plans that need less than a $250,000 starting injection. You will have to put your assets on the line as the saying goes "Why would a bank believe in you if you don't believe in yourself".

Other types of investors are "Angels". Search about this on the internet.

I have good investors that invest strictly money depending on the viability of the business. They are smart so do your homework prior....business plan.

Angry Inch

Hung like a light switch.
Reaction score
I'd say this is the first step. Put the idea on paper. There are a lot of people out there looking to invest in ideas. Finding the best one to fit your style is the difficult part.

Some ideas are viable to a bank through the SBAExpress programs. This is suitable for plans that need less than a $250,000 starting injection. You will have to put your assets on the line as the saying goes "Why would a bank believe in you if you don't believe in yourself".

Other types of investors are "Angels". Search about this on the internet.

I have good investors that invest strictly money depending on the viability of the business. They are smart so do your homework prior....business plan.

No doubt. There is ZERO shortage on capitol out there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm gonna go with "Rich Dad Poor Dad" on that one?

RD

Ratso

Reaction score
Marry a girl with a rich Dad.

One of my best friends married a chick with super rich grandparents (her parents are deceased)... She receives a trust and is the sole beneficiary to their fortune... Lets just say it has worked out very well for him. Two years ago he was working part time for me, his truck was repossessed, living at home with his mom... about as low as you can get... now thanks to her, he has a brand new home, a brand new truck, and a Limo business... He's on top of the world... If your parents don't have it, marry into it... Nice shortcut right there...

ShockwaveBobSquarePants

Reaction score
One of my best friends married a chick with super rich grandparents (her parents are deceased)... She receives a trust and is the sole beneficiary to their fortune... Lets just say it has worked out very well for him. Two years ago he was working part time for me, his truck was repossessed, living at home with his mom... about as low as you can get... now thanks to her, he has a brand new home, a brand new truck, and a Limo business... He's on top of the world... If your parents don't have it, marry into it... Nice shortcut right there...

Just a thought, but that may be why it never quite worked out for you.