WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to lose your pilot's license in under 5 minutes...

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
The comments on youtube are hilarious! Yea he is toast, his attitude didn't help him that's for sure.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
The comments on youtube are hilarious! Yea he is toast, his attitude didn't help him that's for sure.
Yup loved reading the comments

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
What I whiney little bitch.

30-45 day "certificate action" (meaning he can't fly as PIC) along with a 709 ride (he has to fly with an FAA examiner before being about the fly solo again). If he doesn't cop an attitude with the FAA.

It honestly takes a lot more than this to get a permanent revocation.

rrrr

Reaction score
The guy holds SEL, MEL, and IFR certificates and has been flying for years. It's amazing he did something so stupid.

I'm thinking a six month suspension and a 709. His insurance is gonna go up too. Flying into the McCarran Bravo was a damned dangerous thing to do.

DaveH

Reaction score
i had a friend get a 6 month suspension for flying in an air show. he was invited to fly, cleared by the air show controller and did his routine without issue.

however....apparently you must hold a special "aerobatics" certificate which he didnt know about or have.

class B air space is taken very seriously. will be suprised if this guy doesnt get a hefty suspension. pilot school 101 is NEVER enter bravo without PERMISSION.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The guy has balls though... Fuck you, I'm flying through this chunk of sky!

I actually laughed out loud when he said "No" when directed to leave the airspace. Vegas used to be very friendly to Class B clearances. Often you'd get direct McCarren then Henderson. Fly right over the top of the airport at 2000 AGL then make like the space shuttle dropping into HND. That hasn't happened in years though.

96scarab

Reaction score
And the plane is registered to WIFE APPROVED LLC out of Torrance!!

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Ive delt with vegas bravo a lot. They are super nice and accommodating. One even let me fly low directly over midfield and thru the strip to north vegas. That was a bad ass treat!!!

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's got relationship issues with a lot of people in his life...lol... Life is hard. Life is a lot harder when you're an asshole.

rrrr

Reaction score
i had a friend get a 6 month suspension for flying in an air show. he was invited to fly, cleared by the air show controller and did his routine without issue.

however....apparently you must hold a special "aerobatics" certificate which he didnt know about or have.

class B air space is taken very seriously. will be suprised if this guy doesnt get a hefty suspension. pilot school 101 is NEVER enter bravo without PERMISSION.

This guy just received a seven month suspension. This wasn't the only video he had posted of stupid pilot tricks. He has routinely buzzed his home gliderport and other 500' violations.

It's illegal to fly airshows and perform low level aerobatics without a FAA waiver.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
For us non flying people what is this bravo space they speak aboutn

Air space around BIG airports...vegas, LAX, DFW....etc. must be cleared into the airspace by a controller. Anyone can come in if equipped and allowed. Its where the big boys land

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Air space around BIG airports...vegas, LAX, DFW....etc. must be cleared into the airspace by a controller. Anyone can come in if equipped and allowed. Its where the big boys land
Thanks!!

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Thanks!!

I have some stories from when I was a RADAR Approach controller at Scott AFB when I was in the Air Force.
EVAC pilots were cool and would declare EVAC priority when the DV and WAXI pilots were arguing who had priority..
Transient pilots were always cool.
WOXOF conditions were always critical. I would sign off of approach and bring them in on PAR.
A lot of pilots had difficulty with the ILS in near WAXOF conditions.
I always got them on deck with a PAR.
I miss those days.

77hallett

Reaction score
The air space is no joke. It especially sucks for us coming into Nellis and having to stay within 3 DME on the approach on the south end. It’s always funny to listen to these crackpots thinking they know better than the controller.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I have some stories from when I was a RADAR Approach controller at Scott AFB when I was in the Air Force.
EVAC pilots were cool and would declare EVAC priority when the DV and WAXI pilots were arguing who had priority..
Transient pilots were always cool.
WOXOF conditions were always critical. I would sign off of approach and bring them in on PAR.
A lot of pilots had difficulty with the ILS in near WAXOF conditions.
I always got them on deck with a PAR.
I miss those days.

You're going to need to decode that for all the muggles reading this... :D

I got to fly a practice PAR approach once, that worked pretty slick.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
You're going to need to decode that for all the muggles reading this... :D

I got to fly a practice PAR approach once, that worked pretty slick.
Hahah I was thinking the same thing.

Mhemperly

Reaction score
The guy has balls though... Fuck you, I'm flying through this chunk of sky!

I actually laughed out loud when he said "No" when directed to leave the airspace. Vegas used to be very friendly to Class B clearances. Often you'd get direct McCarren then Henderson. Fly right over the top of the airport at 2000 AGL then make like the space shuttle dropping into HND. That hasn't happened in years though.

The Vegas Tracon will issue a bravo clearance if you are VFR still. Did it last night. You just have to sound like you are a professional.. (this guy clearly wasn’t)

They usually keep you up at 5000 and clear you over the approach end of the 26’s whether you’re going to HND or VGT. They call it a numbers/numbers transition for the locals. Basically a straight line from the 26’s to the 19’s.
Vegas approach control is awesome and one of the most accommodating Bravo’s in the country and this ass may have screwed it up for the rest of us. Idiot.

Our director of ops heard the whole thing go down as they were coming in... call sign GoldStrike55 in the video. When you have jets coming in at 250knots not very smart to do what he did.

GoldStrike55👇

Attachments

• 6FF86969-CA2E-487C-BF23-01CB32E3B8B6.jpeg
    6FF86969-CA2E-487C-BF23-01CB32E3B8B6.jpeg
    510.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Mhemperly

Reaction score
Just departed Henderson VFR (no flight plan for no Aviation guys) lol got on with Vegas approach control and they cleared us direct to North Vegas airport-own navigation and altitude our discretion through the Bravo, so me and the chief pilot had our own strip tour HAHA

Mike

Attachments

• 209864AA-6C9C-4A87-8924-4E79359D3030.jpeg
    209864AA-6C9C-4A87-8924-4E79359D3030.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 16511915-1078-435F-9BB9-1CDC8F345428.jpeg
    16511915-1078-435F-9BB9-1CDC8F345428.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 168EA1EF-CF56-43DC-BF2B-05CC238FAE85.jpeg
    168EA1EF-CF56-43DC-BF2B-05CC238FAE85.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 222416AF-FF55-4817-8F06-A7323B2ECBFF.jpeg
    222416AF-FF55-4817-8F06-A7323B2ECBFF.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 173

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Well it's definitely a YMMV.

Glad it works out for you guys. After about the 4th time being denied class B clearance headed into VGT on successive trips I finally got the hint and planned my route around the city below the Class B shelves. They don't want to talk to me? Ok fine. Used to fly into northtown nearly every month. One day it was just, "Remain clear of Class B".

Haven't been there in several years so hopefully the situation has improved.

I'm guessing our hero in this story misinterpreted an exchange earlier and thought he had clearance, or maybe his just an asshole. Still, when the controller tell you to get out, you find the nearest exit.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
The Vegas Tracon will issue a bravo clearance if you are VFR still. Did it last night. You just have to sound like you are a professional.. (this guy clearly wasn’t)

They usually keep you up at 5000 and clear you over the approach end of the 26’s whether you’re going to HND or VGT. They call it a numbers/numbers transition for the locals. Basically a straight line from the 26’s to the 19’s.
Vegas approach control is awesome and one of the most accommodating Bravo’s in the country and this ass may have screwed it up for the rest of us. Idiot.

Our director of ops heard the whole thing go down as they were coming in... call sign GoldStrike55 in the video. When you have jets coming in at 250knots not very smart to do what he did.

GoldStrike55👇
Just departed Henderson VFR (no flight plan for no Aviation guys) lol got on with Vegas approach control and they cleared us direct to North Vegas airport-own navigation and altitude our discretion through the Bravo, so me and the chief pilot had our own strip tour HAHA

Mike
Nice PC12 and 24. Bucket list planes

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
My guess is the Centurion was receiving VFR flight following from LA Center. When he was handed off to Las Vegas Approach, he assumed after he established contact with them that he was cleared into the Class B airspace. Wrong!
It can be a bit confusing unless you understand the rules clearly. Nevertheless, the guy was a complete dick and could of possibly avoided certificate action had he handled it in a more professional way. In my 35 years of flying, 25 as an Airline Pilot I have never heard such a disrespectful radio transaction and total disregard for safety.
The guy seriously needs an attitude adjustment as there is no place in aviation for that kind of conduct in an airplane. All too often pilots like this usually take care of themselves and hopefully not unsuspecting others with them.....

Last edited:

DaveH

Reaction score
For us non flying people what is this bravo space they speak aboutn

airspace around major airports is called class B (bravo). you MUST have pemission to enter, be in contact with air traffic control while in there and have a transponder on the aircraft.

Mhemperly

Reaction score
Livin' large! 👍

Have you put it down on a grass strip or dry lakebed yet? :p

I have not, but our chief pilot and director of ops did. There is a YouTube video on it. Check out “planejunkies” he has a lot of videos of the jet.

Mike

rrrr

Reaction score
I have not, but our chief pilot and director of ops did. There is a YouTube video on it. Check out “planejunkies” he has a lot of videos of the jet.

Mike

That's awesome. Thanks for the tip on the YouTube channel.

I checked out one of the videos, a trip to Telluride, and it begins at KVGT with the aircraft on the ramp. I had not previously seen a vid of the PC-24's right engine operating in quiet power mode.

It's impressive to say the least. It seems much quieter than an APU.

Mike

That must have been a quick trip!

Last edited:

72Hondo

Reaction score
A pilot be disrespectful and unprofessional? Unheard of....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro