WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to move a overhead gantry (havasu style)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That is why they had to do do all the repaving earlier this year. Love the guy in the back holding on and walking like he will be able to do anything when things go bad. LOL

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
they had to do a bunch of repaving in havasu because so many people were moving so many gantry cranes around? i didnt realize it was such an epidemic.

Yes!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Gotta love 'small town' living. I Can't say i've never had to do anything like this up in Boulder. :p

If you are only going a couple blocks it's a hell of a lot better than cutting it all apart with a torch and re-welding it when you get to the destination. :cool:

Now those 'shorts' he's wearing... that's a different story :D

Icky

Reaction score
That is why they had to do do all the repaving earlier this year. Love the guy in the back holding on and walking like he will be able to do anything when things go bad. LOL
The casters were probably all swivels, he was most likely keeping the thing from swinging all over the place. Also since they were going down hill and towing with a strap he was keeping it from hitting the truck.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
The town wouldn't matter to me, you all are too uptight. Its on wheels.

Just having fun here. You gotta do what you gotta do from time to time. I drove our forklift on the city streets for about a mile in the past. :looking:

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Saw the same guys moving that gantry like that on Kiowa and Industrial a couple weeks ago .

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Saw the same guys moving that gantry like that on Kiowa and Industrial a couple weeks ago .

Maybe Dave should expand his trailer business to include mobile gantrys. Business to booming!!!!!

ramos45

Reaction score
This reminds me back in 2011 my gf and were moving into a new home but in the same subdivision and we kept our appliances. New house was maybe 3 blocks away. Last thing to move was the fridge and I didn't feel like loading it into truck so I wheeled it on a dolly the whole way. My mom, gf and I cracked up the whole way as neighbors were giving us strange looks. good times

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Throw an RDSucks sticker on it and track. Could be in the Midwest by Fall.