WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to register a new vehicle purchase in Arizona

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
Start this off by saying I live in Californistan.

Bought my boat in Arizona, store it in Arizona, it is registered in Arizona and I pay no blood money to the state of California. As the law states, I have registered my boat where it is used. Just the out of state registration fees every year.

So I want to buy a Jeep (the seller is back east). I want to register it in Arizona, and leave it in the storage unit with the boat. So in the summer drive the gas efficient car out and use the Jeep to launch and retrieve, and in the winter go wheeling. Is there any way I can buy it, and legally register it in Arizona without paying the annual blood money to Californistan?

Thanks.

Reactions: DWC

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Get Arizona insurance on it and go to MVD and register it. Probably get an ID card too (might make it easier). Its that easy plus its staying in AZ so that much better and cheaper fees. Plus if its a private party sale there is no sales tax.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
To get an AZ ID, I’m pretty sure you gonna need an address and show a few months of utilities in your name too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
To get an AZ ID, I’m pretty sure you gonna need an address and show a few months of utilities in your name too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup.
But you don't need it to register a car in Az.