WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to reset emergency brake on trailer

Trim it up

Reaction score
I accidentally pulled forward without removing the emerg brake cable. Does any know how to reset the actuator on a competitive trailer for a 28' Conquest? Thx image.jpg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
There should be an hole on the side that you have to push something into to release..... Sorry for the crappy description. That's how it was on my old set up.

Looks like it depends on the style of actuator. This atwood one says to push the cable back through, then apply pressure to the brake system.

http://www.etrailer.com/question-24764.html

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Looking at the arm the cable is attatched to... I wonder if you pulled up and back, if it would re seat its self? Or maybe push the arm forward, pry up the the plate, using a screwdriver, that it's resting on, and let it reset?

gqchris

Reaction score
When I did that to mine, I ended up having to buy a whole new acutator:grumble:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My detailer in Parker yanked the whole deal out of mine.. Lol. Haven't had it on there in two years now. Everything else is normal

spectras only

Reaction score
Had an Atwood unit similar to yours. What happens by pulling on the lever forward, the plate you see with the turned up lip on its corners acts as a lock to hold ratchet teeth on the lever locked in the forward position, holding the brake cylinder rod applying the brake until that lever is released.You could either use a crow bar, lifting the plate up by the lip while pulling on the lever forward the same time. Holding the plate up with the crowbar high enough to clear the ratchet teeth clear, resetting the lever back, or remove the bolt/s holding the plate on the ratchet lever, allowing the runaway e-lever to fall back.

Trim it up

Reaction score
Had an Atwood unit similar to yours. What happens by pulling on the lever forward, the plate you see with the turned up lip on its corners acts as a lock to hold ratchet teeth on the lever locked in the forward position, holding the brake cylinder rod applying the brake until that lever is released.You could either use a crow bar, lifting the plate up by the lip while pulling on the lever forward the same time. Holding the plate up with the crowbar high enough to clear the ratchet teeth clear, resetting the lever back, or remove the bolt/s holding the plate on the ratchet lever, allowing the runaway e-lever to fall back.
Yep, those damn teeth won't let me back it in. I'll try removing the bolt first and then ole brute force. :)

Trim it up

Reaction score
Is there anyone from Adrenaline trailer on the forums?? Help pls

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Try to PM UHH SUCKA. He works for Extreme trailers.

tunnel vision

Reaction score
Real simple remove the two hex bolts, under the hooks in your pic, slide that bracket back and the arm will fold back towards the rear of the trailer, re install bolts. BTW that's a Demco DA-10 coupler.

Taboma

Reaction score
Not like mine, but I'm surprised you can't just use a large screwdriver or small crowbar to lift that plate where it's bent up, pulling the lever forward at the same time, then pushing it back once the plate has been lifted ??

riversteveo

Reaction score
Real simple remove the two hex bolts, under the hooks in your pic, slide that bracket back and the arm will fold back towards the rear of the trailer, re install bolts. BTW that's a Demco DA-10 coupler.

X2 it's pretty easy

sirbob

Reaction score
AJ at Barrett reset mine when it was at his shop for some work - I did not see how he did it.

I know he can help ...

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
My detailer in Parker yanked the whole deal out of mine.. Lol. Haven't had it on there in two years now. Everything else is normal

Lol. I unhooked my trailer and instructed a friend to go ahead and take my truck to the store and forgot the brake cable. I haven't had one for two years now.

I noticed it hanging off the truck the next am. :smackhead :drunk

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
What brake actuator goes with that coupler? Mine has been leaking, I need to replace.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Not like mine, but I'm surprised you can't just use a large screwdriver or small crowbar to lift that plate where it's bent up, pulling the lever forward at the same time, then pushing it back once the plate has been lifted ??

This is how ours works[emoji106]

chaser

Reaction score
use a screwdriver at the bottom of the latch all you have to do is pray up on. That is how my comp trailer works .