WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to run a boat out of water when a SeaCock has been added?

Andysam

Reaction score
I have a Caliber 1 230 Velocity with a 496 Mag and Bravo One outdrive. The previous owner installed a seacock through the bottom of the boat that directly feeds the sea water pump. How do I start this boat out of water? Do I have to hook up earmuffs and the plunger thing under the boat and split the garden hose to both of them?

This is my first I/O boat. When hooked up to the garden hose, will water start coming out of the exhaust immediately, or only when the engine is running?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
You would use whats called a "fake lake" its common to use with ski boats and other inboard.

I looks like a toilet plunger with a water fitting attached

snowboat

Reaction score
You would use whats called a "fake lake" its common to use with ski boats and other inboard.

I looks like a toilet plunger with a water fitting attached
If it has a closed cooling system it needs water from the plunger thingy and not from the lower unit.

Andysam

Reaction score
If it has a closed cooling system it needs water from the plunger thingy and not from the lower unit.

Yes, it has a closed cooling system. So no earmuffs at all? Just the plunger thing under the boat? The outdrive doesn’t need cool water?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Yes, it has a closed cooling system. So no earmuffs at all? Just the plunger thing under the boat? The outdrive doesn’t need cool water?

Not on the trailer