WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How trashy are y’all....

copterzach

Reaction score
Since my family has basically been stuck at we generate a crazy amount of trash each week. Luckily I have a dumpster that gets dumped every week.

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Wow really? I put the can out every week because of the diapers, but it is never full.

I'm guessing that is all your yard trimmings also?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Usually only one bag (13 gal household) plus a few odds and ends from the shop and yard. Greenwaste and recycling are a lot more.

copterzach

Reaction score
Wow really? I put the can out every week because of the diapers, but it is never full.

I'm guessing that is all your yard trimmings also?

Family of 4. Yard trimmings get dumped outside of yard and burned every once in a while. Country living. Live on 13 acres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Half a black, full blue, green is whatever it needs to be that week.
Oh and then all the fast food wrappers I toss out the window or leave at the park. That saves space j/ k

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Anyone else think "Confederate Railroad" 😂

Our trash/recycle stuff has increased. Oddly, it's because the wife has been filtering through stuff we moved with us from Ca. 4k home to 2k home...lots of stuff stored away. Local charity thrift store has received some decent stuff, and we're gaining new found space for a gym!

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Family of 4 and I can’t believe how much trash we generate. Probably empty the recycle bin daily. Trash every other day. Big cans are always full or over full on trash day. Don’t even get me started on amazon boxes.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I’ve always been “trashy”🤣 I can easily fill up our inside can in one day, usually on Sundays cleaning out the fridge and with food prep for the upcoming week. And yes, we recycle. There are only 2 of us🥴

Backlash

Reaction score
I just put out 5 full trash cans with no yard waste. Family of four. Just household garbage. I even recycle plastics, cans and glass, so..... 🤷‍♂️

dribble

Reaction score
I fill my can and half of my neighbor’s can every week. There are two of us living here.

Reactions: DWC

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. Yes with the family home due to covid our trash cans are way over full now more then before.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Weekly:
Usually just one tall kitchen bag, couple of tissues and other odds/ends from baths and living room and maybe a few things from garage.
Recycle bin gets rolled out too but its fullness depends on the weeks amazon addictions...however, I do put everything I can in it.
Greenwaste every other week generally.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Since we've been WFH and not going out to eat as much, we are generating way more trash and doing a lot more dishes!

DWC

Reaction score
Yep, but it’s slowed down a bit. For a few months it was an onslaught of amazon deliveries and non-stop cleaning stuff out. Man I threw out a lot of crap while my wife was hiding in Havasu :oops:

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
We are empty nesters now and only use about 1 bag a week in our compactor. We got to babysit our 3 year old grandson last weekend and our trash doubled.. he is one messy little boy.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Our trash is usually half full every week, the recyclables is full every time but that's because they only pick that up every other week.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We are on a small lane and they are still old school with bags not bins. They pick up in a pick-up truck and transfer into old school trash truck. I tend to try to put out only a bag a week to not kill the guys. When I do the yard every 2-3 weeks that creates an additional bag or two. If I have a home project I typically load up the truck and take it over the Pali to the large transfer station when I see my parents In Kailua

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Trashy AF!! 🤣.. Black can is always full....recycling can full.. green. .half to 3/4 full... I see a 2nd black can in our future...soon

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So thinking about this a bit more I realized after having our niece house and dog sit for two weeks she generates twice the amount of rubbish as the two of us do.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
My dad and I each have a 2 yard the gets dumped every other week, milk barn and shop each have an 8 yard that dump weekly. My dad's is maybe ever 1/3 full, mine is close to full, dairy and shop are pretty full on trash day. I will add that I am weird about breaking down boxes in the trash, it's a must, everyone pretty well plays along.

WYRD

Reaction score
Trashy here too... Fill up the 40-gallon trash bin weekly at home and a one yard dumpster full at work. A lot of it is cardboard boxes from everything being shipped nowadays. We reuse some of the boxes where we can but I refuse to stockpile it at work because it's a fire hazard so in the trash it goes

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
We have a trash compactor that gets emptied once a week, with 5 in the house. It's the glass and aluminum and cardboard that add up . We have to go to a transfer station out here maybe once or twice a month. Yard waste is the big one for us when you have acres.

Nordie

Reaction score
Here in Vegas we get the 2 can system. Trashcan doesn't fill up too much. The recycling can however all you can hear is empty cans falling in. The more stress the more cans.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Since we've been WFH and not going out to eat as much, we are generating way more trash and doing a lot more dishes!
Yep, ran the dishwasher 3 times yesterday. Last Sunday at Havasu ran the dishwasher 3 times on Sunday as well as twice on Saturday. Crazy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have the big city trash cans and two other big rollers from my machine shop.. typically it’s just the city cans, but if we have people over on the weekend it fills up all of them.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
In my city, and many others in DFW, we don’t use trash cans. Not only are they not provided, we’re told not to use them.

We put full trash bags at the curb...then a dude who is riding on the back of the garbage truck hops off, and manually throws the bags into the back of a the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. Our family of 5 fills the tall kitchen trash can daily. And usually a 2nd trip to the dumpster 2 or 3 times a week for larger trash items/ diaper genie bags. Our apartment complex doesnt have recycling for us and the dumpster gets emptied each day.