WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How Was I only 11 . . . .

C-2

Reaction score
Nice, the eighties had everything...hard rock, hair bands, new wave, pop, punk, oldschool freestyle and rap/hip hop, and country was just starting to turn to crap. Best times ever. 🤟

old rigger

Reaction score
Local Paramount Ca band. One of these guys, I can't remember which, went to Paramount High with one of my oldest friends who's 2 years older than me.
Great song.

On a side note we're going to see X, The Blasters (another local band) and Los Lobos next weekend at the OC amphitheater. Can't wait, nothing like a bunch of near 70 year olds rockin' and rollin'.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Local Paramount Ca band. One of these guys, I can't remember which, went to Paramount High with one of my oldest friends who's 2 years older than me.
Great song.

On a side note we're going to see X, The Blasters (another local band) and Los Lobos next weekend at the OC amphitheater. Can't wait, nothing like a bunch of near 70 year olds rockin' and rollin'.
That's a great line-up ! The Blasters were great ! Enjoy ! 👍

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Great song.

Awesome, I knew somebody would know somebody...

Have fun, I want to see X again. We once saw Social D, Neil Young and Blind Melon at Pacific, back before they muffled the volume lol

old rigger

Reaction score
Saw the Blasters open for Van Halen at the Long Beach Arena years ago ✌

Back in the day they were pretty popular although in so cal they got zero air play except for KROQ. Same with X.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen the Blasters, long been my favorite band. And the list of guitar players that filled in after Dave quit is pretty impressive too. Hollywood Fats was the man!

Last time we saw Social D was at the old Hootenanny. I worked with Mike Ness's uncle so we got to hang with them for a little bit as well as Jerry Lee.

Reactions: C-2

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Great song.

Speaking of old folks, there's a documentary on the Go-Gos; they're still playing and still killing it, but man it’s a bunch of old ladies rocking out.

Last edited: