WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How would you feel if....

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
a very close friend of yours with different political views wrote this letter to a friend of theirs that you don't know and then copied you on the email? I told her that I voted for McCain and yes on 8 the other day...I typically avoid these conversations with my more liberal friends to avoid constant battling over opinions that will never be changed. She originally sent me an email titled "8 is hate" with a petition to overturn Prop 8. I wrote back and simply put "no thanks". We haven't talked about it since...then I got this forward today...of course I am the friend she refers to in this letter.

Hi xxx,
Thanks. I might just ask Kristin to mail the $ to me. A lunch date
does sound nice and I 'd like do that sometime soon. I really want
everyone to know that mistakes are not tolerated if they want you out,
you're out. Its much easier to replace a bartender than a F&B
manager. So its good you're watching your crossing your T's and
dotting your I's.
My friend voted Yes on 8 and I just can't believe it. So I told her
to rethink it. She also voted for McCain. I know she's becoming a
river redneck but I know that its mostly her boyfriends influence and
it's hard to call someone your best friend who thinks they are more
entitled to a human rights than someone else...even East Bay Kevin
knows better than that and voted no on 8.
What else is new with you dear?
Take care and lets get 2gether soon.
Love, xxxxx

WTF?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
A real friend would never pull that shit! Piss on her! :skull

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Well, at least you know where you stand. . . . and how she feels about your redneck river boyfriend. I wouldn't hold it against her forever though. We all say things behind people's backs (we hope) that they don't hear, even if we try not to. It doesn't mean that we don't care about them or love them.

I accidentally forwarded a letter to my sister-in-law (who is a wonderful, generous person, just different that the rest of the family) wherein I called her a wacko. :eek: Talk about want to die from embarressment. Lucky for me, she's also forgiving :D

As for how I'd feel? Hurt, bummed, betrayed, PISSED OFF! So it appears she's not as good of a friend as you thought. Doesn't mean you can't still be friends.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
river redneck boyfriend lmfao

Rdsux

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It's sad that she is the kind of person that takes the issue so much to heart that she actually wrote an email about you.
I know alot of people like this, most of them are liberals, i just don't talk politics with them. It's pretty much impossible to upset me when it comes to political talk anyway, i think all politicians both sides of the isle are lying, cheating, scumbags anyway.

kgt

Reaction score
I agree, forgive but don't forget. People come into and out of our lives for a reason. Move on.:)

R

Retired Member

Looks like the aRDy's need to stay out of the political realms, seems to cause much realationship strain.

Oh, I wouldn't even bring it up to her, just blow her off, don't answer emails or calls. It's more fun if she is sitting there wondering what she did wrong than to actually have her know. It eats chick apart. If she knows, she'll figure out how to justify it, in her own mind. ;)

Remember what ole aRDy's moto is "Friends come and go, but neighbors are forever" ;):D:D

boatnam2

Reaction score
Crazy almost as bad as people thinking that because there republican or dem that there politician is honest and going to fix things.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Well, at least you know where you stand. . . . and how she feels about your redneck river boyfriend. I wouldn't hold it against her forever though. We all say things behind people's backs (we hope) that they don't hear, even if we try not to. It doesn't mean that we don't care about them or love them.

I accidentally forwarded a letter to my sister-in-law (who is a wonderful, generous person, just different that the rest of the family) wherein I called her a wacko. :eek: Talk about want to die from embarressment. Lucky for me, she's also forgiving :D

As for how I'd feel? Hurt, bummed, betrayed, PISSED OFF! So it appears she's not as good of a friend as you thought. Doesn't mean you can't still be friends.

She didn't accidentally forward this to me. She wanted me to read this. And yes that's about how I felt. I was very pissed off that she feels she has the right to talk down about me and my political beliefs. This is America for god sakes...

She does live in San Francisco and I know things are very extreme up there. I never judge her on her liberal views. She has every right to feel the way she does...but not every right to tell me I'm less of a person for feeling the way I do.

I do tend to avoid these conversations for this exact reason....it came out in a phone conversation how I voted and that was it. I've talked to her several times since then with no mention of it. Why if this is such an issue would she feel the need to write this to her (i presume) gay male friend.

I'm not sure how Dave turned me into a republican since I've been registered as such since I was allowed to vote. Dave and I have only been together for 4 years. If anyone had influence on my political views it would be my very redneck republican father! As far as river-redneck is concerned....I've been going the river since I was 2 months old...and I'm proud to be a river redneck:D

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
She didn't accidentally forward this to me. She wanted me to read this. And yes that's about how I felt. I was very pissed off that she feels she has the right to talk down about me and my political beliefs. This is America for god sakes...

She does live in San Francisco and I know things are very extreme up there. I never judge her on her liberal views. She has every right to feel the way she does...but not every right to tell me I'm less of a person for feeling the way I do.

I do tend to avoid these conversations for this exact reason....it came out in a phone conversation how I voted and that was it. I've talked to her several times since then with no mention of it. Why if this is such an issue would she feel the need to write this to her (i presume) gay male friend.

I'm not sure how Dave turned me into a republican since I've been registered as such since I was allowed to vote. Dave and I have only been together for 4 years. If anyone had influence on my political views it would be my very redneck republican father! As far as river-redneck is concerned....I've been going the river since I was 2 months old...and I'm proud to be a river redneck:D

Well, then, I guess she didn't know you as well as she thought she did. If you're sure it wasn't an accident I'd send her the last paragraph of your post and tell her that it's too bad she didn't have a good mother that taught her better manners :skull

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
RRD SUX

(River Redneck Dave)

:D

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Most chicks are haters and jealous bitches deep down. I wouldn't sweat it they get kinda pissy when there friends are doing shit that chicks do, like get married (I don't think its about politics). I am going to make a few guesses about her.

1. I'll bet she doesn't have any thing going on in the relationship department.
2. sounds like she has a food handlers permit (crazy drama work environment)
3. most likely hangs out with gay dudes and wonders why she cant meet a nice guy.
4. Biological clock is banging like a jake brake coming down schirco summit.

How am I doing so far?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Most chicks are haters and jealous bitches deep down. I wouldn't sweat it they get kinda pissy when there friends are doing shit that chicks do, like get married (I don't think its about politics). I am going to make a few guesses about her.

3. most likely hangs out with gay dudes and wonders why she cant meet a nice guy.

How am I doing so far?
:D

R

Retired Member

How am I doing so far?

Seem to be on track with this thread, but where are my damn pics? :D

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Seem to be on track with this thread, but where are my damn pics? :D

Ive been busy dancing for dollars, I'll have my executive assistant get on it this weekend. In the mean time put your ski on and stand in front of a mirror:D

Beef Injector

Reaction score
This election has shown these dirty hippies for what they truly are. Hypocrites! Never has it been so wrong to vote your conscience. It amazes me these human rights champions can be so hateful. :thumbsdown

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My take.

A good friend would have spoke to you, and you alone about these feelings.
CC ing you in an e-mail is, well, pretty shallow. Especially given that the recipient isn't a mutual friend.
She broke trust and your' confidence.
Hunt her down and beat her ass, only choice!!:beer:beer

Yellowboat

Reaction score

How am I doing so far?

Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

How am I doing so far?

:lmao

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Be the Stronger Person...Rise above it,know who YOU ARE and that would be the Better Person:beer....move on and be the Stronger One! :D

Sleeper CP

Reaction score
RDD,

Liberals can be the most intolerant jackasses around. You are entitled to your opinion just as long as it's the same as theirs. They just can't accept that people think differently than they do.

I was getting my hair cut the other day, the girl (lady) that cuts my hair has been a friend for 20 yrs, she and her husband are good friends of the family. She is further to the left than I am to the right, and I'm a solid 6-7 right person. We even discuss politics and don't fight with one another about it. She told me a client of her's on Wednesday said " do you know if any of your client's voted for that McCain" She said "yeah one of my client's and best friends voted for him" This nice liberal then says to her " How can you even talk to people like that and your friends with them"

Darla started laughing and said " I should introduce you to him someday"

Some lib's as some conservatives are just stupid, but no conservative that I know would never do that to someone they know.

Sleeper CP :D

Last edited:

DirtyWhiteBoy

WILL WORK FOR FUEL
Reaction score
she has a lot of nerve judging you for judging her:thumbsdown

:hmmThey say redneck like it's a bad thing:p

It is what is, at least you know where you stand with that nutjob

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
People are different, that's what make life so..."interesting" I have to give her kudos for sending it to you, and I would say let her now that you respect her decisions so you would appreciate the return respect. I had dinner with a girlfriend tonight who was a NO on 8 and and Obama supported. We argued and kissed and are still friends. You will know if she is a true "best friend" or not. Open those line of communication. "NO THANK YOU " just closed that door, so open it up sister, listen and asked to be listened to. If she hears you and and you do the same, its a friend you should have in your collection, if not, re-evaluate.

as for the River Red Neck!! Hell's YA and hee fucking haw!!! Nothing to be ashamed of there!! Life's a beach till you been to the river!:D

ROZ

Reaction score

How am I doing so far?

Spot on :D

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
When Ratso is done with her, she'll slide under a door like a manila envelope.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Send her to Ratso, he'll straighten her ass out :thumbsup

(mentally and physically) :p

ROZ

Reaction score
a very close friend of yours with different political views wrote this letter to a friend of theirs that you don't know and then copied you on the email? I told her that I voted for McCain and yes on 8 the other day...I typically avoid these conversations with my more liberal friends to avoid constant battling over opinions that will never be changed. She originally sent me an email titled "8 is hate" with a petition to overturn Prop 8. I wrote back and simply put "no thanks". We haven't talked about it since...then I got this forward today...of course I am the friend she refers to in this letter.

Hi xxx,
Thanks. I might just ask Kristin to mail the $ to me. A lunch date
does sound nice and I 'd like do that sometime soon. I really want
everyone to know that mistakes are not tolerated if they want you out,
you're out. Its much easier to replace a bartender than a F&B
manager. So its good you're watching your crossing your T's and
dotting your I's.
My friend voted Yes on 8 and I just can't believe it. So I told her
to rethink it. She also voted for McCain. I know she's becoming a
river redneck but I know that its mostly her boyfriends influence and
it's hard to call someone your best friend who thinks they are more
entitled to a human rights than someone else...even East Bay Kevin
knows better than that and voted no on 8.
What else is new with you dear?
Take care and lets get 2gether soon.
Love, xxxxx

WTF?

She obviously is too close minded to accept a "friend's" different point of view(political or religious). Isn't ironic that someone who believes in gay marriage(something I consider out of the spectrum) can't acknowledge someone else's opinion or beliefs? She's not liberal( I think they still believe in free will), she's a marxist(material and social relations among people). You must share her point of view, or you're out.

What really strikes me is that she HAD to express her discontent of you point of view to another "friend". Nice... Oscar Wilde quotes, " A true friend will stab you in the front."

And to think she lay blame on your fiance'... Again, nice...

I'd tell her up FRONT, "I respect your opinions and beliefs no matter how extreme if believe they may be, so I expect you to do the same." End it with, " Take care, and let's get together soon. " :D

BTW, Kevin in East Bay likely voted yes on 8 and lied to xxxx in order to deflect any grief from her...lol...

Ratso

Reaction score
That letter is a slap in the face to Rednecks everywhere!:swear The Nascar fans should really be pissed off!:mad: Do you have any pics?:hmm

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

How am I doing so far?
My first impression was fat and lonely but your list is much more PC:thumbsup

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Ummmmmm...... Wouldn't that be river redneck Fiance' :D

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Post her e-mail address so we can all share our points of view with her and her Kool-aid drinking friends. :D

Attachments

• bacchus.jpg
    bacchus.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 211

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
If someone couldn't accept me because of my views or how I vote, that person would not be a friend. I suggest you do your best to be your own person, make no apologies for your views, and discover who accepts you and who does not. You're great. Don't let anyone change you.

Anyway..... it's her loss. My girlfriend tells me you're a hot kisser. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Riverdiva, if this "friend" of yours is getting so bent out of shape over something that should have no effect on her life then she's not worth having in my opinion. Something tells me that this "friend" has been a lot of maintenance on your behalf.

Sure friends can piss you off at times. But it's the way it's handled between the parties involved. Bashing you in front of a 3rd party is grounds for just writting her off imo. Good luck.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I have friends that I disagree with.....I don't have friends that would copy me on an email in a childish way of angering me...I would not consider those folks friends..

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If someone couldn't accept me because of my views or how I vote, that person would not be a friend. I suggest you do your best to be your own person, make no apologies for your views, and discover who accepts you and who does not. You're great. Don't let anyone change you.

Anyway..... it's her loss. My girlfriend tells me you're a hot kisser. :thumbsup

Words of wizdom from the chairman, and RDP Dickman of the year for life.

I have friends that I disagree with.....I don't have friends that would copy me on an email in a childish way of angering me...I would not consider those folks friends..
Well stated

Crazy almost as bad as people thinking that because there republican or dem that there politician is honest and going to fix things.
There it is, well said Jim. Folks buy into this stuff way too serious and way too deep.
Ain't a dimes worth of difference when it's all sorted out.

I'm a right wing Republican nut case.
Most my friends are far left wing and we all respect each other, help each other, and stick up and watch out for each other.

Last edited:

soupersonic

Reaction score
Save the letter and remind her of it later in say, a couple years ,when the Obabmassiah screw us all so bad that people will be screaming "impeachment" You can remind all her friends that she voted for him and how you just cant believe it. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm still a little taking back, that somehow I get blamed for all this, and now I'm a redneck.. LOL

RD

Wendi

Reaction score
This coming from a very "Close Friend" would make me question the friendship. She put your views down and put down your "Redneck" fiance, that is a dig that was not necessary. I would step back from the friendship at this point and let her think about what she has said. We are all entitled to our political views and should not be put down for our choices. I avoid political conversations with the other side. I've even had heated conversations with my same party.... It's a no no when alcohol is involved. I'm sorry you had to be a cc: receiver of this very childish email.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I say again, I'll be happy to fire her for you! :beer

wUTwZAT

Reaction score
I'm still a little taking back, that somehow I get blamed for all this, and now I'm a redneck.. LOL

RD

If this makes you a red neck, whats it make me? :confused:

Ok, I am over it. Send her a tube of vagisil and a bottle of Pamprin and let her know this won't cure all your ills but its a good start. :lmao

Riverratrob

Reaction score
:fsakes Dave is a Redneck aww man I thought he was Amish,well guess I cant ask ya for one of the rolling heaters :D

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score

The next time you're hanging out with Stacey and this friend, mention the time you rolled your garden tractor.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
First off, you should be honored to be considered a river redneck.

Second, tell her to FO with her childish behavior.