WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard 255 VTX

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Wife struggling a bit with the "orange"
Our first Eliminator was orange and blue with fades to yellow, see if she likes our current combo better, not much orange. 20161005_115001.jpg
20161005_115001.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Our first Eliminator was orange and blue with fades to yellow, see if she likes our current combo better, not much orange. View attachment 967041 View attachment 967041
Nice, I like the colors and the boat!
Mostly the nice sandy beach, I assume havasu??
we don't have too many lakes in northern calif with sandy shoreline, alot are closer to the sierras with nice "red" dirt
Probably why we like camanche the most, even though it is on the small side it has nice sandy shoreline, boat don't do no good if you don't have a nice place to go with it!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Nice, I like the colors and the boat!
Mostly the nice sandy beach, I assume havasu??
we don't have too many lakes in northern calif with sandy shoreline, alot are closer to the sierras with nice "red" dirt
Probably why we like camanche the most, even though it is on the small side it has nice sandy shoreline, boat don't do no good if you don't have a nice place to go with it!
Yes, that's the Topock gorge, the area they call Devils Elbow. Havasu has it's share of rocks and gravel, but the gorge area has lots of sandy area's like this, the water is also cleaner and cooler in the heat of the summer. Good luck on the build look forward to it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Kinda surprised not to see the ITS on this vs the IMCO steering. Was that an option or is it because the extra set back of the ITS

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Kinda surprised not to see the ITS on this vs the IMCO steering. Was that an option or is it because the extra set back of the ITS

That's a good question?
Do you know how much more set back there is with ITS?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
ITS isn’t an option with this setup. And because of the speeds it’s capable of, IMCO was a must. I don’t remember how much setback is on it.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
ITS isn’t an option with this setup. And because of the speeds it’s capable of, IMCO was a must. I don’t remember how much setback is on it.

Nice boat, it’s going to romp with a 565.

Not sure what speeds you’re expecting but the ITS is good for way over 100 on Vees and cats. The IMCO will work fine, but don’t want people believing an ITS can’t handle it. Don’t tell anyone with a 600 SCi in front of one that, they might freak.🤓

Thanks for sharing your build, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I don’t know what the plan is for mufflers, but I’ve put a handful of 565’s in boats and they run and sound great with Gibson big block transom mufflers. Deep rumble but looses the “crack” around the dock.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score

Rig is coming out sexy AF. When you picked colors and graphics, did you realized the power would match that closely? Seamless...

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Nice boat, it’s going to romp with a 565.

Not sure what speeds you’re expecting but the ITS is good for way over 100 on Vees and cats. The IMCO will work fine, but don’t want people believing an ITS can’t handle it. Don’t tell anyone with a 600 SCi in front of one that, they might freak.🤓

Thanks for sharing your build, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I don’t know what the plan is for mufflers, but I’ve put a handful of 565’s in boats and they run and sound great with Gibson big block transom mufflers. Deep rumble but looses the “crack” around the dock.
I didn’t mean for it to come off like the ITS doesn’t work for the speed. I mean it doesn’t work on the Howard how they set it up. Through testing, this is the setup they have determined works best. This boat will also have the Gibson mufflers.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Rig is coming out sexy AF. When you picked colors and graphics, did you realized the power would match that closely? Seamless...
Thank you! We originally wanted the design to be based around how it would look sitting in the water. How the 565 would look was definitely in the back of my mind, but it was better than we could have hoped for when you look at them next to each other. My better half picked all the design and colors with Mike, and I couldn’t be happier how it is turning out.
D3C97D63-A8E9-4C44-A425-C069FB6752F0.jpeg

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Kinda' lookin like were going to be finished pretty close to each other. Hope to spend some time around your boat at DS. I'm planning on Super-Cat fest the week prior to DS as well.

Can't wait to hear that 565 rumble.

Steve

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I didn’t mean for it to come off like the ITS doesn’t work for the speed. I mean it doesn’t work on the Howard how they set it up. Through testing, this is the setup they have determined works best. This boat will also have the Gibson mufflers.
Awesome. Will you be towing skiers and tubers with this? The 565 is a tractor and runs on 89 octane.

I already liked this thing but can’t wait to see you get it on the water.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Kinda' lookin like were going to be finished pretty close to each other. Hope to spend some time around your boat at DS. I'm planning on Super-Cat fest the week prior to DS as well.

Can't wait to hear that 565 rumble.

Steve
We will be around for both. Our boat is supposed to be done right at the end of March, so hopefully it will be perfect timing. I’m definitely excited to see your boat as well. I feel like following your build thread and the whole process of building your Skater has been the best build thread on here that I can remember. I appreciate the compliments.

Matt

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Awesome. Will you be towing skiers and tubers with this? The 565 is a tractor and runs on 89 octane.

I already liked this thing but can’t wait to see you get it on the water.
Yes, most of the boating we do is towing. My wife likes to wakeboard quite a bit, but I’m obsessed with our foil. I could get pulled on the foil all day. It was the biggest reason behind going with the 255 VTX. I don’t think there is a better boat for towing, that still looks like a west coast custom boat and will still go fast. The 565 is the largest motor we could get with DTS, which we needed to run tow command. That will really help when we have friends in the boat and want them to be able to tow us.
BDDD8FD2-9E4A-4CBD-BB7A-AAACD04BE6B1.jpeg
F46523A2-B5BC-4003-B0BB-D70A6E7ECE16.jpeg

MeCasa16

Reaction score
NICE!, is the motor delivery that last big "unknown" anymore decisions after interior, you mentioned having your trailer sorted out already I think!
The motor is sitting next to the boat. It’s been in a couple times to fit the mounts, and will be back one once rigging is almost done.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
The motor is sitting next to the boat. It’s been in a couple times to fit the mounts, and will be back one once rigging is almost done.
My mistake for some reason I thought that wasn't your motor, brain fart I suppose. You are on the down hill!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Motor looks good sitting in there!
Are you going with carpet or the gatorstep?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
We are getting really close now. They have run the motor in the boat and are installing the interior. We hope to have the sea deck installed as soon as it is done. The boat truly looks amazing. We will hopefully head out next week to do the shake down run with them before it gets delivered.
We added 10” subs under the bulkhead for a little more boom.
3E1B92BF-54D3-4C5F-B59F-E2E79C9FA184.jpeg
2A0088BA-D4F0-4A4E-AFC5-0D87D15714F7.jpeg
D71F9498-6958-42D1-B575-27DC40FDFD3C.jpeg
D3432601-0956-40F4-AB63-27F6C315DC4C.jpeg
24614B74-ED3E-4463-B369-AF73B409892A.jpeg
B7AC2EAD-381B-4B05-9A4D-724E6EB18CE2.jpeg
F53BC964-DB6B-4F94-BC6B-76F3F89F9EEA.jpeg

The only thing left to design now is some new beach towels as soon as they send us the logo.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
The only thing left to design now is some new beach towels as soon as they send us the logo.

This is a great idea, I would be able to drive my boating friends nuts with a set of Howard towels, odds are they would "disappear" one cold rainy night!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I love the the gel layout in the side pods, simple straight lines, the colors are what make it pop, the seat backs look really cool, on first glance I see a symmetrical layout but 5 seconds later you realize it is far from that. How do they think that stuff up? You can really see the silver on the seat backs!
Finishing up very nice!

eddienel

Reaction score
Damn!!!! I can't wait to see it! So close. I'd have to eat a hand full of xanax just to sleep!!!