WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard 255 VTX

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I almost posted this morning, whether Christmas had arrived.
I ended up putting down 4 or 5 crowns for you last night 🍻 🍻
I would most definitely be interested in you prop tuning. I am not above stealing others "homework"

Dont forget the video WITH SOUND!!!!
Is it there yet?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Haha, I’ll definitely keep you informed of everything I figure out. The boat is pretty amazing. We spent a few hours on it this evening and were mostly just trying to get things situated. I’ll write a full review later, when things go back to normal after desert storm.
D012CFE3-AC6A-4E9F-9D44-AC54931A6DFC.jpeg
E55387E5-03D8-47C9-9DB8-57EA3A08D81F.jpeg

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Boat looks super on the water. Really enjoyed meeting you guys.
Enjoy that thing to the fullest

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Congrat you guys!!! Great looking boat!! And thank you again!!!
Thanks so much! We absolutely love it.
Boat looks awesome in the water!
Thanks! I assume that was you in the Nordic?
Great looking boat, enjoy it!
There is a chance we are going to get it up to Wisconsin this summer. I'll definitely let you know if we do.
Boat looks super on the water. Really enjoyed meeting you guys.
Enjoy that thing to the fullest
Thanks Steve!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
There is a chance we are going to get it up to Wisconsin this summer. I'll definitely let you know if we do.

Awesome! I'm up for a Lake Wisconsin run, or the water of your choosing! I'd love to see your fine craft in person.

How do you like the planing, cruising, acceleration, and your choice in mufflers?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Awesome! I'm up for a Lake Wisconsin run, or the water of your choosing! I'd love to see your fine craft in person.

How do you like the planing, cruising, acceleration, and your choice in mufflers?
The boat performs amazing. It gets up on plane right away with little to no bow rise. There is no need to ever use tabs, and the only reason I have tabs, is to manipulate the wake for water sports. The boat’s acceleration is incredible. You’re cruising at 30 in no time with just a gentle push of the stick. That was a pretty normal cruising speed this weekend during desert storm. The lake was incredibly busy, and the high winds and large wakes from increased traffic made 30’s the most comfortable cruising speed. As we got further south on the lake, and the water settled down, we were cruising in the 50’s. The boss would prefer to be able to take a drink while we cruise, so she just assume we stay between 30-40mph. I’ll wait until mid week to stretch her legs a little more with better conditions.
The boat has Gibson mufflers on it which keep the sound pretty reasonable. I have a friend with a 29’ Nordic, and he removed the mufflers off his 565. It’s quite a bit louder, especially hauling ass down the lake. For now I think the sound is pretty good with the mufflers. It still has plenty of rumble and pop when I fire it up.
So far I don’t think we could be happier..

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The boat performs amazing. It gets up on plane right away with little to no bow rise. There is no need to ever use tabs, and the only reason I have tabs, is to manipulate the wake for water sports. The boat’s acceleration is incredible. You’re cruising at 30 in no time with just a gentle push of the stick. That was a pretty normal cruising speed this weekend during desert storm. The lake was incredibly busy, and the high winds and large wakes from increased traffic made 30’s the most comfortable cruising speed. As we got further south on the lake, and the water settled down, we were cruising in the 50’s. The boss would prefer to be able to take a drink while we cruise, so she just assume we stay between 30-40mph. I’ll wait until mid week to stretch her legs a little more with better conditions.
The boat has Gibson mufflers on it which keep the sound pretty reasonable. I have a friend with a 29’ Nordic, and he removed the mufflers off his 565. It’s quite a bit louder, especially hauling ass down the lake. For now I think the sound is pretty good with the mufflers. It still has plenty of rumble and pop when I fire it up.
So far I don’t think we could be happier..

And that, my friend, is what I was hoping to hear!

I think the 565 is a really nice torquey piece that runs on 89, nothing to really worry about looking for fuel. The Gibsons have the perfect balance of sound and rumble for me. I've got a little saying; "If it's gonna be loud, it better run the number!"

Glad the boss approves. Looking forward to pix/vid of you foiling around behind it! :)

DLan

Reaction score
Ha, ours was the boat in front of you. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. In one of your interior pics mine is the one on the trailer. I'll keep an eye out for you I got the 520 so I wont try to race you.... I'm in the Landing across from you in CA

The boat is awesome I've got mine to 76 so far. Mike and Gene are great guys.

Dave

Attachments

• 20210407_070912.jpg
    20210407_070912.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 403
  • Resized_20210409_172838.jpeg
    Resized_20210409_172838.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 409

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Ha, ours was the boat in front of you. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago. In one of your interior pics mine is the one on the trailer. I'll keep an eye out for you I got the 520 so I wont try to race you.... I'm in the Landing across from you in CA

Dave

Damn It! that windshield looks nice, is the tint an option or did you have it tinted?

DLan

Reaction score
Damn It! that windshield looks nice, is the tint an option or did you have it tinted?
It's how it comes. I think it is like $6000 so you better really want it. I tend to go out when its not necessarily warm out so it helps. When is yours due to be done? Did you do the big power also like the one I was commenting on?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
It's how it comes. I think it is like $6000 so you better really want it. I tend to go out when its not necessarily warm out so it helps. When is yours due to be done? Did you do the big power also like the one I was commenting on?

I am good with the price, the previous one I saw was clear as glass and did nothing for the "lines" of the boat. Yours actually accents the lines coming up from the rear.
I was at 520 first but "needed" the shiny headers so I moved up to the 540 only a 4,000 hit. But now mercury has discontinued the 540. So I told my wife horse power can only go up, you never go down so 565 it is!

Here are a couple other windshield 255s, clear and you dont really see the line of it, so I said no, but now thanks to you 😆 I gotta pony up more$$
1591770173738.jpeg
38204303_10160691033190582_7110724851412762624_o.jpg

Last edited:

DLan

Reaction score
I am good with the price, the previous one I saw was clear as glass and did nothing for the "lines" of the boat. Yours actually accents the lines coming up from the rear.
I was at 520 first but "needed" the shiny headers so I moved up to the 540 only a 4,000 hit. But now mercury has discontinued the 540. So I told my wife horse power can only go up, you never go down so 565 it is!

Here are a couple other windshield 255s, clear and you dont really see the line of it, so I said no, but now thanks to you 😆 I gotta pony up more$$ View attachment 997028 View attachment 997029
Headers for $4000 seems a bit excessive but I'm a cheap hot rod guy so there's that. I'm glad they didn't do the clear it never came up but you're right it looks better.
I read that the warrantee on anything above 520 is a 1 year instead of 2. Is this true?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Water cooled marine exhaust runs 5-8K just in the headers without install so the 4K was a good deal.

565 has two years for recreational boating

the510

Reaction score
Fuck..... I want a 255 too 😂

congrats to everyone who has one or will have one.... HOWARDS are the pinnacle of the custom boat market. They do it all, and they do it all well.

Ricks raft

Reaction score

$6k for the windshields? I just replaced mine for $800.

beautiful boat !

counterpart7

Reaction score
Boat looks awesome!! Would love to see some pics of the ski pole and how/where it mounts!

MeCasa16

Reaction score

Dave
We actually saw yours on the highway coming back when we were on our way to the factory to lake test! Your boat looks so good on the water. We will hopefully be able to park next to you one of these days and meet.

Matt

MeCasa16

Reaction score
$6k for the windshields? I just replaced mine for $800.

beautiful boat !
If you look at the windshield up close you would understand the huge price tag. I don’t love how they look. At least not 6k love it. I like the lower profile without it.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
If you look at the windshield up close you would understand the huge price tag. I don’t love how they look. At least not 6k love it. I like the lower profile without it.
I understand it may be high quality. I assume it is still plexiglass and prices have went up.
But I just replaced both sides on my Howard 22 (picture in avatar) 1 month ago from the original manufacture for $800.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
That looks GOOD! plus ijust noticed the blackout on the rear, tabs, vents, grab bars, tow hook and lights goes good against the dk grey

hallett21

Reaction score
Bad ass name. Boat looks great [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v6toy4x

Reaction score

eddienel

Reaction score
Great video!!! So how long from the time you paid your deposit to when you took delivery did it take to get it? Im kicking the idea around about the 28 bullet open bow.

DLan

Reaction score
We actually saw yours on the highway coming back when we were on our way to the factory to lake test! Your boat looks so good on the water. We will hopefully be able to park next to you one of these days and meet.

Matt
Thanks....Forgot to check back on here. That's funny. On the 58 or 40 did you see me? I'm still amazed at how small the world is sometimes.

See you out there.

Your video is way to professional for me. Nice

Dave

Attachments

• Resized_20210409_172659.jpeg
    Resized_20210409_172659.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 20210411_092716.jpg
    20210411_092716.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 210

DLan

Reaction score
This boat is for sale for 180K on boat trader. Wonder what happened?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
@MeCasa16 OP posted they had an opportunity up north I think that required a sea worthy vessell as I recall.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
This boat is for sale for 180K on boat trader. Wonder what happened?
Entire Havasu package was for sale not sure what all has sold. House, boat, truck, CanAm, furnished and turnkey.