WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard 28 Bullet

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
First week of 2022, my new 28' Howard Bullet went into the mold. I decided on a solid color for the hull and chose a mix of silver metallic and dark blue. The interior is a saddle tan with blue accents along with Teak/blue Gator step. It's powered by a Merc Racing 565 with the XR Drive. I picked the boat up first week of Nov and thought I would share the build with just a few installments.

New Bullet.jpg

IMG959013.jpg

IMG959014.jpg

Merc 565.jpg

gordon

Reaction score
those motors are like art work so cool

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Howard is a great boat, I like the solid color, those timeless color combinations appear fresh and modern when you decide to sell.

Last edited:

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Beautiful!!! Glad to see Bullets being built!!!
I luv them too! Mike hadn't built one in a while and found it to be harder and really more time consuming than he remembered!! He finished off the open bow to resemble a fiberglass liner and the cuddy cabin too so I could use Gator Step.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Beautiful color, reminds me of Laguna Seca Blue 👌🏽

What are the plans for a rub rail?

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Beautiful color, reminds me of Laguna Seca Blue 👌🏽

What are the plans for a rub rail?
Rub rail is polished stainless. Gelcoat colors are obviously limited so a mix was required. I’m very pleased with Mike’s blue/silver mixture. Originally, I was hoping for the old Chevrolet Marina Blue that you mentioned or the Jeep metallic blue.

Tank

Reaction score
Fantastic color!!!! Solid color boats look phenomenal. I always wanted to do a tiffany blue hull / white cap Cigarette. Love the lines of the Bullet. Great looking boat. Going tan interior?

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Fantastic color!!!! Solid color boats look phenomenal. I always wanted to do a tiffany blue hull / white cap Cigarette. Love the lines of the Bullet. Great looking boat. Going tan interior?
Thanks !! Yes, a tan interior with blue accents. Teak/blue GatorStep.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What’s estimated top speed with that 565? Beautiful boat BTW. Glad to see V hulls being built.

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
What’s estimated top speed with that 565? Beautiful boat BTW. Glad to see V hulls being built.
Mike said it ran quickly to 75 during the test run with a 28 pitch prop...it might have a little more left. Awesome thing about this hull is no chine walk or porpoising. Teague tested a supercharged Bullet and went 122mph!!

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
Mike said it ran quickly to 75 during the test run with a 28 pitch prop...it might have a little more left. Awesome thing about this hull is no chine walk or porpoising. Teague tested a supercharged Bullet and went 122mph!!
I can hit 80 with a 27 labbed B1 with a 525. you should be able to get over 80 no problem!

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Registered it with the USCG...chose a name and hailing port. Upholstery going in.

101_0469.JPG

Engine cover required modification for the 565's injection hat.

101_0464.JPG

Open bow interior and Gator Step flooring...Acrylic cabin doors are not a good surface for painting.

101_0477.JPG

240Hallett

Reaction score

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I would never have had the guts to pick those colors but seeing them .... I love it.

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
Could you do a wrap on the cabin doors for color?
I don't think so. Those doors are a real pain to install, according to Mike Willen. There are also other items inside the cuddy that are acrylic. Mike didn't think they would hold up to wear and tear if painted.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I don't think so. Those doors are a real pain to install, according to Mike Willen. There are also other items inside the cuddy that are acrylic. Mike didn't think they would hold up to wear and tear if painted.
A wrap would be cheap enough to try, and if it didn’t hold up easily removed. And a lot of things made of acrylic have been wrapped with good results.

Supercup

Reaction score
Congrat - great build - thanks for sharing it with us! Let us know how the coming days on the water go!