WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard SDS

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
46F4651E-4F54-48BF-985C-D8F05C72EE0E.jpeg
533817BF-0B0B-4508-BAB9-23CE0D79E136.jpeg

Some more progress pics from today. All finished with color sand and polish. Waiting for first stage of rigging, like rub rail, cleats etc.
Next, we are working on picking out the interior details.

retaocleg

Reaction score
i know the effort that went into a silver base and gunmetal shadows...........takes a real craftsman to pull it off👍

mike is an unsung in the industry........real eye for detail from my perspective, great artwork

larry and mike are some of the last true craftsman left.............waiting to see the new youngins step up

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
i know the effort that went into a silver base and gunmetal shadows...........takes a real craftsman to pull it off👍

mike is an unsung in the industry........real eye for detail from my perspective, great artwork

larry and mike are some of the last true craftsman left.............waiting to see the new youngins step up
I hear there's a guy at Nordic that's not bad.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I hear there's a guy at Nordic that's not bad.
I hear he is pretty good too ;) , I would love for Gelcoater and retaocleg to take a pic of some kind from stuff like this and point out the artistry us regular folk just take in as part of the awesome work, and point out the tricky parts of it so we can appreciate what they do in detail rather than just seeing the big picture. Again, I don't have any more hours in a day to give them for stuff like that, they are busy enough as it is. Beautiful looking boat, thanks for posting the pics.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score

It sounds like you are experienced in the gel coat and boat building world! I am trying to visit Howard as much as I can to see the process. These guys are true craftsmen! I have actually spent a lot of time at Howard and Teague. I have really enjoyed the experience at Teague as well!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
It sounds like you are experienced in the gel coat and boat building world! I am trying to visit Howard as much as I can to see the process. These guys are true craftsmen! I have actually spent a lot of time at Howard and Teague. I have really enjoyed the experience at Teague as well!
Mikemo_SDS, your boat looks amazing, and aside from all of our joking, just to confirm retaocleg is the amazing artist at Nordic and Hallett. It's so cool to have both him and Gelcoater from Eliminator and several other brands on here to educate us simpletons. Excellent experts giving high praise. 👍

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Mikemo_SDS, your boat looks amazing, and aside from all of our joking, just to confirm retaocleg is the amazing artist at Nordic and Hallett. It's so cool to have both him and Gelcoater from Eliminator and several other brands on here to educate us simpletons. Excellent experts giving high praise. 👍
Oh man! That’s so cool! I wonder if he did the gel on my 2016 Nordic deck? It was awesome!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
What's the latest on this build?
So, she has been sitting for a while waiting for rigging. I am told that I am next in line for rigging after MeCasa16’s 255 is out. And by “rigging” I’m referring to engine/drive, gauges, etc. It might already have some other stuff done to it like rub rail, cleats, interior lights and such. I just haven’t been there for about 5 weeks to check it out.