WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How's everyone doing on their taxes this year?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Paying more, paying less, bigger return, smaller return?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I’m sort of pleased how much our hot rod (Tesla) is actually helping us.
We bought it wanting a new, sporty vehicle. Didn’t realize they’re throwing money at us for being “green”.
Shows how much they know. 😆😆😆

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'm calling bullshit. I dare you to post the last 3 years of returns.

Like that would ever happen, My Dad is my accountant, services Aspen, Starwood and the surrounding area...

You are still a tiny fish in a huge sea kid, and you really don't get it.

GRADS

Reaction score
Like that would ever happen, My Dad is my accountant, services Aspen, Starwood and the surrounding area...

You are still a tiny fish in a huge sea kid, and you really don't get it.
Better than being a huge fish in the jet boat pond.;)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Better than being a huge fish in the jet boat pond.;)

Anytime you want to put your whale up against my Spectra, I'll match your bet, you shit talking bitch.

GRADS

Reaction score
Anytime you want to put your whale up against my Spectra, I'll match your bet, you shit talking bitch.
On craigslist? Because I'm sure you'll do 100 on there. :rolleyes: You want to hit the waters under the Golden Gate or in Tahoe, let me know.;)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
On craigslist? Because I'm sure you'll do 100 on there. :rolleyes: You want to hit the waters under the Golden Gate or in Tahoe, let me know.;)

How about DS in Havazoo...equal footing. I'll tow it to Tahoe, but only If you agree to leave RDP forever if you loose....

Ok...who would I have to make fun of if you were not around>? How about you pay for a weekend holiday when I beat your ass.

GRADS

Reaction score
How about DS in Havazoo...equal footing. I'll tow it to Tahoe, but only If you agree to leave RDP forever if you loose....

Ok...who would I have to make fun of if you were not around>? How about you pay for a weekend holiday if I beat your ass.
If you're a true jet boater we all know your truck won't even make it up the hill to Tahoe.😂😂😂

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hey @GRADS?
What you doing tomorrow?
Sorry for thread jack but me and Susie are gonna be in Sac tomorrow around 11:00 AM.
Was gonna text you but thought maybe a couple here would want to join. 🤪

GRADS

Reaction score
Hey @GRADS?
What you doing tomorrow?
Sorry for thread jack but me and Susie are gonna be in Sac tomorrow around 11:00 AM.
Was gonna text you but thought maybe a couple here would want to join. 🤪
I might be down for that. Kate has plans so it would be just me. Where are you thinking?

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
If you're a true jet boater we all know your truck won't even make it up the hill to Tahoe.😂😂😂

I bet I have more days logged at Squaw than you do dildo queen.....can you even ride?

Besides that, lets just say I am completely familiar with Tahoe. You want to race for pinks? I'll bring it.

LC925

Reaction score
Well we had our first child towards the end of the year so that was a plus for me 😆

arch stanton

Reaction score
the business is getting 19K back and I will not have to pay anything on my quarterly payments for 2020 because of bonus depreciation for the new Simi truck purchase.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My first full year of retirement so it will be a learning experience. I have very little taken out of my checks.

GRADS

Reaction score
I bet I have more days logged at Squaw than you do dildo queen.....can you even ride?

Besides that, lets just say I am completely familiar with Tahoe. You want to race for pinks? I'll bring it.
Are you talking skiing or snowboarding??? I've done it once in my life, so you win. But if you'd like to discuss how many hours over 100 m.p.h. on the water, I'd love to have that conversation.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
made more and am getting more back this year. First year with the baby (jan 2019)and first year with the new house and solar (feb 2019) so i dont have a previous comparison.

GRADS

Reaction score
You hit that bait pretty hard. LOL
I broke this shit out...fish find it irresistible.

51AlTWp6AvL._AC_.jpg

bocco

Reaction score
So back to taxes. Mine are done and in. Made a few extra bucks in the stock market so I owed a little to the Fed. Getting a little back from the state so I'm good.

AzMandella

Reaction score
Kept more money throughout the year and getting back 2G more on my return . Same income as last year and slightly less to deduct this year .

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Made some good money last year and ended up paying too much in taxes. Received a decent refund but have changed my withholding for this year.

Nordie

Reaction score
Without taking the bait. I am somewhat lost on what to do with my taxes this year. I'm not going to really get much back which is fine, but I am wondering if I should file with my wife. I don't know if it will help up or hurt us in anyway possible. Plus she gets to claim her daughter as well, so this is all new to me.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Without taking the bait. I am somewhat lost on what to do with my taxes this year. I'm not going to really get much back which is fine, but I am wondering if I should file with my wife. I don't know if it will help up or hurt us in anyway possible. Plus she gets to claim her daughter as well, so this is all new to me.

Have your tax guy do the returns both ways to see what benefits all of you the most and go that direction.

Nordie

Reaction score
Have your tax guy do the returns both ways to see what benefits all of you the most and go that direction.

That's what I figured I was going to do. I'm just worried us filing together is going to jump us into another tax bracket where I don't have a lot of write offs.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
My tax guy is awesome. I never pay any taxes.

So is mine, - but sure you do..we all do.

The government state and feds take it every time we spend money and tack it right to the bill, for just about everything.

Property, luxury on boats, food, fuel, basic household goods,

Then there are all kinds of things that are taxes that are mislabeled as "fees" that are effectively taxes on utility bills etcetera...

The government reaches deep....

To answer Grads question made a bit more but won't know till the fall where I stand as I own small pieces of a lot of different companies and many pf them extend.

UD

Baja 252

Reaction score
We owe, but that’s always the case.
I was taught at a young age not to let the government keep my money for free all year long. We only have enough withheld to avoid penalties, I’ll pay the rest when it’s due, not before.
If I got a tax refund I think my grandfather would roll over in his grave.
The good news is the wife and I made more money this year but overall we will pay less in taxes.

jetur

Reaction score
Funny this gets brought up. I called the CPA yesterday and I guess my office owes him a few more docs. I was seeing red. So, I m hopeful there is a refund but we shall see.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’m doing a little better than last year. Much worse than before the most recent tax reform.