WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HPD @ Site Six

havasujeeper

Reaction score
As a retired cop, I concur with t&y, my sentiments exactly!

Reactions: t&y

guest hs

Reaction score
Ok hang on. So your kid and his friends were at Site 6 drinking on a holiday weekend where there are bound to be cops everywhere... Rocket Scientist for sure.
Then they decide it's a good idea to go over and confront someone who just called the cops, and got some of them busted for drinking... Yeah, maybe not so Rockety Scientisty after all.

Here is the hard reality dude. I don't give a fuck if he is a minor. If your 17 year old approached me with his friends and i felt threatened, I'm defending myself. There is absolutely nothing in the law that requires a legal adult to stay hands off a minor. If that means You and I have to have a go after the fact I'm cool with that. I'm still going to defend myself. Maybe try telling your kid and his friends to have some repect, not drink in public while under age, and don't pick a fight unless they are willing to suffer the consequences.

If you are able to take the emotion out of it, I'm pretty sure you can see the simple logic in what I've said here.
I dont know what you were reading but my son and I didn’t know these kids my son was with sitting next to me the entire time. This was just an observation because they were sitting in the same area were siting at. Like the guy said the horse is dead move on.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Side note. Was at a high school football game on Friday. Centennial High School. Many of these "17 year olds" out weighed me by easily 30 lbs, and probably 6 inches in height.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I dont know what you were reading but my son and I didn’t know these kids my son was with sitting next to me the entire time. This was just an observation because they were sitting in the same area were siting at. Like the guy said the horse is dead move on.
Yup, corrected that on edit. First time around it sounded like your son was involved. Which would explain your emotional connect. After re reading your post I changed it. Doesn't change the logic involved. Just makes me wonder even more now why you are obviously so worked up about it.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Well, for such a short skinny fuck....I mean...:)

Side note. Was at a high school football game on Friday. Centennial High School. Many of these "17 year olds" out weighed me by easily 30 lbs, and probably 6 inches in height.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I've never understood the idea of site 6 sitting there hoping to see boat damage, may getting a glimpse of some blood or even fighting. IMO a bunch of worthless fucktards sitting there making a stressful situation worse. When we use to go to Havasu my wife would get so nervous putting the boat on the trailer at site 6. Thank god she always did a great job, but so many people would struggle and all the worthless fucks would just sit there and heckle. Do something productive with your time rather than add to the problem. Not speaking to anyone directly here just in general.

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
I've never understood the idea of site 6 sitting there hoping to see boat damage, may getting a glimpse of some blood or even fighting. IMO a bunch of worthless fucktards sitting there making a stressful situation worse. When we use to go to Havasu my wife would get so nervous putting the boat on the trailer at site 6. Thank god she always did a great job, but so many people would struggle and all the worthless fucks would just sit there and heckle. Do something productive with your time rather than add to the problem. Not speaking to anyone directly here just in general.

You said it better than I would have.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Back in the 70s it was good clean fun everybody had a good time and made fun of each other for their mistakes and would end up helping each other out in the end. As time has moved on it’s become a vicious place and the drunks on the sidelines hackling are as bad as the drunks in the boat trying to launch and retrieve.
The whole river scene/vibe has changed over the years as has society it really sucks that it’s not getting any better.

I haven’t been down there in a couple years now, ever since I got yelled at for trying to help a woman back a trailer in.
Society is ruthless.:(

bocco

Reaction score
Yah I don’t think the guy in the RZR was a cop he was drinking and fighting with his lady Friend. I highly doubt an undercover cop would be behind the wheel of an RZR drinking. ITS STILL NOT OK TO PUT YOUR HANDS ON A MINOR NO MATER WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU!

Cops have been known to drink and drive. They have a pass to do so. Cops have also been known to fight with their spouses or girl friends.

TCHB

Reaction score
Holiday weekends are out of control.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
You are not seeing my point! I don’t think it’s ok for Minors to drink or especially smoke weed. I was merely pointing out that the kids were not drunk. You don’t know me and you have no idea how I parent. I have one kid he’s 17 already graduated high school and has a full time job. He doesn’t believe in doing drugs or drinking and has never even been to a party. So I ask you how do you think I parent? Bottom line the adult SHOULD not have put his hands on these minors. The two minors that got grabbed by the neck were not hauled off by the police because they were Not Drinking like the others. Like I said earlier I guess you had to be there

Committing a battery - grabbing them by the neck is a crime. Being 17 years old does not factor into this incident at all. It doesn’t make it worse or a more serious crime.

For the other poster that commented about minors can’t be given a Miranda advisement. Completely 100% wrong. Now there are some added related issues such as age, are they mature enough to understand and the minor can ask to have a parent present during questioning.

Now for the real deal.

These types of calls are total human nonsense and the cops have this figured out instantly. Cops get paid to rapidly assess people and situations. Once that happens, sometimes in a nano second, they come up with a way to band aid or fix it.

Responding to Site Six on a holiday weekend is guaranteed to be a shit show. Sounds like the cops did more than expected in this case.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Haven't been by site 6 on land since missing the Islander entrance :cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If there is video of someone assualting by grabbing two young boys to the throat and pushing them to the ground then I’d suggest they take that video and file charges. It doesn’t matter who t is or why they did it.

I find the responses in this thread extremely disheartening.. If it was my kid and he wasn’t causing trouble (as said by the eye witness, not the peanut gallery on the internet) I would be prosecuting.

guest hs

Reaction score
If there is video of someone assualting by grabbing two young boys to the throat and pushing them to the ground then I’d suggest they take that video and file charges. It doesn’t matter who t is or why they did it.

I find the responses in this thread extremely disheartening.. If it was my kid and he wasn’t causing trouble (as said by the eye witness, not the peanut gallery on the internet) I would be prosecuting.
FINALLY some one who gets it!

MSum661

Reaction score
Back in the 70s it was good clean fun everybody had a good time and made fun of each other for their mistakes and would end up helping each other out in the end. As time has moved on it’s become a vicious place and the drunks on the sidelines hackling are as bad as the drunks in the boat trying to launch and retrieve.
The whole river scene/vibe has changed over the years as has society it really sucks that it’s not getting any better.

I haven’t been down there in a couple years now, ever since I got yelled at for trying to help a woman back a trailer in.

Never give up in your heart with helping anyone at, near or on the water.
These are the same assholes that wouldn't hold a door open for a Lady. Do what you need to do and don'r sweat it.
I've loaned tools and even parts to help somebody and borrowed some just the same.
Even got my butt kicked at the races by someone who would have missed the final round on Sunday had we not loaned him
some fuel lines.

People need help, you help them. Boating 101.

Hullbilly

Reaction score

Irony at it’s finest.

Where’s the COMPLETE video with audio.....I can’t fathom how you’d chastise your members and HPD based on a one sided tale based off an emotional member. Kangaroo court is now in session.

shane-o

Reaction score

you hit the nail on the head!!!! People have changed for the worse!!! All we can do is still continue to try and keep the old school morals alive and keep paying it forward. Maybe one day the up and coming youth will see the few of us that never gave in to the all about me syndrome that plaques the world now and will join our party. But until then dont change your ways brother. Oh and just for the record im not saying all people are like that but the majority are.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One posts for comments and is not related to the kids, nor does he know exactly what had transpired, but those of us eating peanuts on the sidelines gets lambasted?

I’m not lambasting anyone.. namba was there.. everyone else is making assumptions because of the kids ages..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Irony at it’s finest.

Where’s the COMPLETE video with audio.....I can’t fathom how you’d chastise your members and HPD based on a one sided tale based off an emotional member. Kangaroo court is now in session.

He told a story from a first person perspective.. he didn’t word it very well but he was there.

Everyone else is assuming misbehavior, assuming the guy is an undercover Cop, assuming all Sorts of things.

If there is video of this guy attacking these kids then I’d press charges.. I’m inclined to believe a first person account over some assumptions on the internet. That’s what that post says. If that’s hard to comprehend and means kangaroo court? Then so be it.. but the reading comprehension is low in this thread.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
He told a story from a first person perspective.. he didn’t word it very well but he was there.

Everyone else is assuming misbehavior, assuming the guy is an undercover Cop, assuming all Sorts of things.

If there is video of this guy attacking these kids then I’d press charges.. I’m inclined to believe a first person account over some assumptions on the internet. That’s what that post says. If that’s hard to comprehend and means kangaroo court? Then so be it.. but the reading comprehension is low in this thread.

I’m not assuming anything....My point is it’s a one sided story terribly typed, with many holes, and the kids ages are irrelevant at best in this scenario. I find it hard to believe the guy just choke slammed two “well behaved innocent boys” for no reason as the PD was there sacking up their buddies and then the PD turned a blind eye.....Not very plausible

The OP states there are multiple vids....where? why not post’em up as evidence? Posting them up would not hurt the potential lawsuit they should be filing against the attacker and HPD, if things did indeed go down the way this tale was spun

2+2=3 on the internet

or perhaps the OP could re-author his post in comprehendable english for all us morons in the peanut gallery so we can reassess the situation

guest hs

Reaction score
Let me reword this in a more similar way. If you had a 17 year old kid and someone put their hands around their neck and shoved them to the ground weather your kid was right or wrong in the situation what would you do about it? I know what I would have done about it and I would be very surprised if one person on this thread wouldn’t do the same thing.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Let me reword this in a more similar way. If you had a 17 year old kid and someone put their hands around their neck and shoved them to the ground weather your kid was right or wrong in the situation what would you do about it? I know what I would have done about it and I would be very surprised if one person on this thread wouldn’t do the same thing.

Dude seriously....My son was 17, 5 years ago and at 6’ 190 if he got in your grille to confront you.....In my eyes, he’s not a kid. He is a man confronting another man. I guess I live and was raised as were all my kids in an alternate universe to you

Lest not forget in your story there were 2 of them confronting rzr man.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

The problem i see with the OP and,your perspectives are that neither know what was said between the 2 kids and the man. The fact is 2 full grown man-children from a group of other similar people approached a single man about a situation they likely felt he caused. Just that action alone and absent any language from the 2 man-children to the contrary already puts the RZR guy in a very defensive situation.

So, again, without the holes filed of what language was used by the 2 and even their body language, it would appear the man was justifiably defending himself and likely he felt his woman as well. Remember, innocent until PROVEN guilty. RZR guy did not,approach them. They went to him. They were the aggressors .

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
Were the police on the scene when he assaulted the kids?

Were the kids that approached the RZR guy not drinking? Why weren't they cuffed?

Was the RZR guy drinking?

Last edited:

guest hs

Reaction score
Ok let me ad this both kids were maybe 125 pounds each soaking wet. They were both standing 4 feet away from the RZR talking to the guy. The guy jumped out of his RZR and grabbed them. The RZR guy was much bigger then them. I don't have video but several around us did and I saw the videos. I don't know if any of them will post them. Darrel from Storage Wars was one that had the video sent to him and he was going to post it. I don't know if he did or where to find it.

guest hs

Reaction score
Were the police on the scene when he assaulted the kids?

Were the kids that approached the RZR guy not drinking? Why weren't they cuffed?

Was the RZR guy drinking?
The police were there and arresting the 5 kids but didn't see the altercation. Some bystander saw it and told the police. They said they were going to call for some back up so they could handle that situation. Back up never showed up they released the 5 kids and left. The 2 kids that went and talked to the guy in the RZR were friends of the 5 that got handcuffed they were not drinking. The guy in the RZR was drinking.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Talk is just that, talk. If the guy laid his hands on them for any reason other than to defend himself, he was in the wrong IMO.

For fucks sake, do you all beat your wives too?

Putting hands on a person is one thing, but if you can't take a conversation, no matter what is said, without resorting to violence, you need mental help.

JD D05

Reaction score
Talk is just that, talk. If the guy laid his hands on them for any reason other than to defend himself, he was in the wrong IMO.

Putting hands on a person is one thing, but if you can't take a conversation, no matter what is said, without resorting to violence, you need mental help.

Ya to me sounds like a RZR guy is just a dick. Calls the cops, than picks on the sober kids he called the cops on, than drives his RZR home after drinking.

ramos45

Reaction score
The "pussification of America" gets thrown around a lot on this forum and usually aimed towards the younger "cry babies" but it seems the same can be said for many on this thread.

I don't have kids but i do have nieces and nephews and if i ever see anyone put their hands on them there will be an exchange. BUT, I was also an indestructible 17 year old once and for those times I've been put in my place i used it as a lesson learned. Seems as if the cops addressed the situations and let things slide on both ends.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

We've made it all the way to wife beating now.:eek:

I don't think anybody would advocate for going hands on with a minor without extreme cause but you are assuming the RZR guy KNEW they were underage. Maybe even if they were grown adults he shouldn't have touched anyone but it seems from a "keyboard" view here, those boys learned a valuable lesson without being harmed.

Life isn't always fair and agitated, possibly drunk, adults don't always act rationally.

BajaT

Reaction score
Was this one of the kids?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
We've made it all the way to wife beating now.:eek:

I don't think anybody would advocate for going hands on with a minor without extreme cause but you are assuming the RZR guy KNEW they were underage. Maybe even if they were grown adults he shouldn't have touched anyone but it seems from a "keyboard" view here, those boys learned a valuable lesson without being harmed.

Life isn't always fair and agitated, possibly drunk, adults don't always act rationally.

I don't give a shit how old they were. If you grab someone by the throat, because of something they said to you, you have mental problems.

I am not talking about "life lessons" learned from talking shit to your uncle/friend/parent, where you got a taste of what an adult can do, and why you should respect your elders/parents.

These were strangers, who were attacked by some douche because he could and did not like what was said to him. IMO that guy is a straight up pussy.