WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HTM is retooling the deck of the 24!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
HTM has taken a step back and decided to modernize the deck of their 24’ Cat to become more competitive in today’s market.

They don’t have an eta when the new tooling will he completes, and we will he reaching out to them for renderings ASAP!

615CBF11-EB59-4D7F-ABB8-2EB7206095CE.jpeg
B3045A60-B0F8-4C67-878F-124F6ED641F5.jpeg
A0A3B4CA-D2D4-4604-84AD-C75A036872CE.jpeg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
And set it up, to be able to accept I/O or outboards. Opens up even more options for buyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: E4L

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
The new deck should make it much less squirly.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Dang didn’t even realize they were still building. When was the last time they built a new boat?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
so, they are not going to use the same mold for the deck as the hull anymore?

*seems harsh to hear, but OG's will get it. its been a saying that the boat looks the same upside down as it does on plane for years. ;)

look forward to seeing what they do with it!

Joker

Reaction score
I’ve always like the style of the HTM, somewhat similar to the 257 Carerra but a smaller stance on the 257

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I don’t believe they have built any new boats since the girls the molds back.

really? that's been a couple years now, right? They were on IG a lot priming the pump so to speak, but I haven't noticed much recently.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I don’t believe they have built any new boats since the girls the molds back.
Tooling is probably (to me) the most interesting and “art” of the whole deal.
It’s cool to see they are doing something.
But I’m not sure why we’re seeing pics of that crusty old deck mold, lol.
And, I hope it isn’t taken the wrong way but they don’t need that deck mold.
They need a hull mold. To build a part in it then build a deck to fit it.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Probably a mistake? There's not a huge market today for 24' Cats IMO.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It’s a love hate thing with the look, for me I could never get into it, can’t ignore what they did for the performance boating market on the west coast though, they took it to the next level, but today the design looks pretty dated.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It’s a love hate thing with the look, for me I could never get into it, can’t ignore what they did for the performance boating market on the west coast though, they took it to the next level, but today the design looks pretty dated.

I agree. Never liked the shape of the deck but that’s just personal opinion which means nothing. But they were fast. And they were rigged a lot nicer than any other west coast cat of that era, especially eliminators. HTM’s were closer to what everyone is doing today rigging wise. They are nice inside. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby dmax

Reaction score
You put big power in most boats and they are fast.. let’s see one with a stock 525efi and see if it will run like an RPM with the same stock 525efi!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
You put big power in most boats and they are fast.. let’s see one with a stock 525efi and see if it will run like an RPM with the same stock 525efi!!

Lol. Not a fan of single motor cats with 525’s and not a fan of RPM either, they do nothing for me. I doubt the difference in speed between the two would be worth bragging about either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well most of this project was done as a way to honor their father, and relive memories as well as preserve legacy. If they are having fun with it and sell a couple boats that would be awesome.

Doug wright designed RPM from a more modern era vs an HTM? Not sure that's really fair.. LOL I'd bet they'd be pretty close in speeds with that little HP, but the gap would start growing as you added HP. The RPM will out handle an HTM (turning) all day long.. That's one of the best turning cats I've ever been in.

RD

MikeSW

Reaction score
Wow, digging up memories. I met Steve and Ken a few times last was just before they crashed. I made the memorial stickers that where being past around HotBoat forums. I am glad to see them doing this I'll be waiting to see what they do!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
HTM was the quintessential west coast hot rod for the blue collar guys. For us that grew up in the SFV near Castaic, they were a local hero that built obtainable rockets. Big power, single motor, bravo drive (in some upgraded form) and room for the family for cruisin. Capable of kicking ass on alot of the big cat ballers of the time.. Something about them just screamed DRAG BOAT even though they weren't a little flatty. They have a following and a swagger that is unique. They do look like a short school bus that may be upside down, that's why they make sure to have a big blower hanging above the hatch so you can tell it's shiny side up. That stubby look is what makes it so crazy when one blows past you at 130+ :D

Last edited:

Slats

Reaction score
I hope they have success with their project. Anybody that tries to bring another option for powder boats to the table should be welcomed. They have been proven to be a nice boat and maybe with a little updates they will do well again. I drove past their house/shop everyday to and from work. Always wanted one. I wish them luck.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Will it still be a "drivers boat" with the new deck?

LC925

Reaction score

From what I recall, it’s a pretty big/tall 24. If it’s being modernized, it would make it more attractive. Just my opinion though.

guest hs

Reaction score
I would assume they are pulling that mold in to lay up a new deck to start the tooling process of the new design.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Best time to market would be the DS street party. 2020 probably isn’t in the cards so we can hope to seen them with one 2021. I wish them the best and can’t wait to see the outcome.