WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HTM outboard

hallett21

Reaction score
I never knew HTM made an outboard thought I'd share

According to owner on craigslist
This boat is a one & only SS 24'. It has 2-225 promax outboards, hydraulic steering, 20" offshore mid sections, So much room, you can't believe it!
Crusing at 3200 RPM at 45 MPH ,it can burns about 8 gal an hour . ON Lake Mead
top speed loaded is a true 88 MPH+ ,GPS
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Pretty cool... Steve did a lot of cool shit when he was alive (RIP). I wonder where HTM would be sometimes if he still was around. Never hesitated to throw big ass power in his boats LOL.

hallett21

Reaction score
Pretty cool... Steve did a lot of cool shit when he was alive (RIP). I wonder where HTM would be sometimes if he still was around. Never hesitated to throw big ass power in his boats LOL.

Are they still building boats in Havasu on industrial? Or have they completely closed up shop? I know after the accident things got turned upside down.

TheKeysLife

Reaction score
They were out of Valencia or acton after they the accident the wife sold the business to I think kel that owned htm2 its on the lake side of industrial now

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

He really wasn't afraid to try different stuff.

Are they still building boats in Havasu on industrial? Or have they completely closed up shop? I know after the accident things got turned upside down.

That is Carter Performance. They do engine builds, services, rigging etc.. I know they have the HTM2 signs up there, but I don't think they are actually building any HTM's.

They were out of Valencia or acton after they the accident the wife sold the business to I think kel that owned htm2 its on the lake side of industrial now

I'm probably wrong about this, but I think the guys from Caliber might be building a new HTM here at some point, branded as a Caliber? I dunno.. I have to ask Rob about it, he said something but my ears were 12 beers deep.

RD

STV_Keith

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, this boat was originally rigged with a SINGLE 2.5/260hp engine. Guy would run low pitched props and revved the snot out of it. I know, because I bought the powerhead. If you're interested in the boat, Kevin @ R&R Prop shop knows the boat and the owner as he facilitated my purchase of the 2.5...he may also know something about the engines on there currently. 702-564-7502.

Brian Mc

Reaction score
I bought this one a few years back from Torrence Cal. It was all beat to hell but after spending 6 mounths working on it she's looking much better. Soon to be installing a second modified Johnson. I think this will be #2 HTM with outboards.
20180908_141950[9505].jpg
Trans was never cut for an I.O

Attachments

• 20170922_150126.jpg
    20170922_150126.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 91

hallett21

Reaction score
How does it run with a single?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Lia, Sharece and Celsie got the HTM molds (at least some of them) back a few years ago and they were back at the home in Acton? Anybody have more recent info? I'm thinking that a 24 with a single Merc 450R would be around a 90 mph boat.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have seen an HTM with triple Mercury outboards been several years. I saw it at the Islander

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I thought Lia, Sharece and Celsie got the HTM molds (at least some of them) back a few years ago and they were back at the home in Acton? Anybody have more recent info? I'm thinking that a 24 with a single Merc 450R would be around a 90 mph boat.
Did a little search, don’t know if this is the most recent, but this is the article I found.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They bought the molds Back and then nobody bought a boat, last I heard they were modernizing the deck to make it more competitive in today’s market.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Ken lane the motor guy was awesome . He didn't know me from Adam and he helped me get all the merc brackets I needed for my outdrive set up and answered every question I had without hesitation.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
HTM set the bar high back in the day with big power in a cat, 20 years later they look a bit dated compared to everything else out there now