WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Huge Dog lover here but this ? (Pittys)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Terrible. The dogs owners need to be held 100% responsible. If the woman dies and the dogs have a history of this the owners need charged with murder.

F it…no excuses for this shithead owner

TOOLEY

Reaction score
5ABA5A74-12C7-4E57-9CD7-BAECE46DE2B9.jpeg

Then you have something like this. Bad owners have bad dogs. the only things he doesn’t like are things that don’t like him, can’t exactly blame him for that. Love kids, most adults and animals. One of the best dogs I’ve had

DWC

Reaction score
Pit Bull threads…. They remind me a little of the California threads. People either love or hate them.
They’re like driving in snow, everything is fine until it isn’t. Smaller dogs may be more likely to bite someone. The difference is a scab vs tons of stitches or worse.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I have a hard time trusting them as their lienage is so screwed up. I try to avoid them when I am at the dog park with my mutt. One day a lady shows up with three and has no control over them. I left about that time and later heard they mauled a small dog. One time guy shows up with one. He just adopted from the pound. His arms are all scratched up. His dog and mine get into over a ball. He freezes and I have both dogs by the collar yelling at him to do something. Last I saw of him thankfully. And there are some pits that are pure awsome. Just like kids, Upbringing has a lot to do with it.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Pit Bull threads…. They remind me a little of the California threads. People either love or hate them.
They’re like driving in snow, everything is fine until it isn’t. Smaller dogs may be more likely to bite someone. The difference is a scab vs tons of stitches or worse.
As an owner of up to 4 at one time I am going to kind of disagree with that.

I say fry the dogs owner if there is any history with them concerning aggression.

So I am consistent

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
All good dogs. Roxy is the less “pure pit” looking of the four and Friday she will be 16 years old.
198D2C31-0D91-4538-90C4-C4C24C0031FE.jpeg
2188D061-628C-4A72-96FD-DF0B03C66239.jpeg
1B5752AD-8F35-447D-A2F2-24FE32CC1246.jpeg
7217D899-9137-4F10-B7FE-D403EEDBD0B5.jpeg
F46C9B50-630B-4F81-B9F6-26E2AAA4B0AB.jpeg
B1673A27-B9FD-498B-AD5F-CEA2FF67C355.jpeg
I got the other 3 placed in awesome homes with no issues.

In the last pic is Bandit on the L who is Roxys “little” bro from another litter and Phoenix who I rescued from the Mesa facility

Roxy topped out at around 80lbs and still weighs 76. Phx and Bandit were about 80 lbs

Merica…the small one was adopted by a board member here and became best friends with their teenage son.

Its the owners that f up the dogs.

I did feel safe at the house obviously. I made sure they were always secure. They didnt get out. Well, Roxy used to jump my fences up until about 10 years old but never with bad intentions. I fixed that situation plus her age did her in.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Roxy gets a nice walk at a couple of diff parks I go to daily. Last week we went straight up to two diff Pits to say hi to them. I always ask first though. I don't know their dogs. The owners loved it as everybody avoids their dogs while they walk them.....lol Roxy at this point in her life is kind of like one of those calming dogs. Everybody drops down the activity level a bit as she walks around them. Then she just ignores them like a snobby bitch....lol The only time Roxy has gotten in a full on fight was over a dog trying to mount her. She has never allowed that. Some say she is a dyke.....I just say she is my virgin :)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
View attachment 1101231

Then you have something like this. Bad owners have bad dogs. the only things he doesn’t like are things that don’t like him, can’t exactly blame him for that. Love kids, most adults and animals. One of the best dogs I’ve had
he F that snake up....wonder what type it was?

28Eliminator

Reaction score
100% correct!!

7 or 8 years ago here in Palm Desert some guy was killed by his 2 pit bulls that he had for several years.. they found his body parts scattered all over the backyard…. Fuck Pits 👎

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It was a Cobra. Just to be clear that’s not my dog. I don’t live where there are cobras. Rattlesnakes yes, cobras no. Lol

You’ve got some good looking dogs.
I didn't think he was yours....lol

Damn....a cobra....once he got a hold of it it shook its ass out.....haha

TOOLEY

Reaction score
I thought we weren’t supposed to be trash talking peoples families here, lol. I get it,like the dude said love or hate.

TOOLEY

Reaction score
I didn't think he was yours....lol

Damn....a cobra....once he got a hold of it it shook its ass out.....haha
I’ve seen a roadrunner do the same thing to a rattler as well. Guess that’s how you get them.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It was a Cobra. Just to be clear that’s not my dog. I don’t live where there are cobras. Rattlesnakes yes, cobras no. Lol

You’ve got some good looking dogs.
Thanks....down to just Roxy now and she is really aging plus fighting cancer. I have had her since she was 7 weeks old. Best dog I have ever had with me for sure and I have had a lot.

Yours is a blue nose correct?

Reactions: DWC

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Saw this video last week. Fuck those dogs.

I don't get how someone doesn't fight back? She had the strength and wherewithal to crawl into the elevator, reach for and hit the button, but wouldn't even hit the dog at all? Even when it had let go? It's literally a fight for your life against an attacking dog. Punch, kick, claw, poke eyes, etc to get away. This lady did none except drag the dog to wherever she was trying to get to.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This type activity is never heard about by a GSP or Lab or a poodle or (fill in the blank) , warning hard to read

South Carolina Woman Mauled by 3 Dogs 'Fighting for Her Life,' Has Both Arms Amputated (msn.com)

When I was a toddler I was attacked by a cocker spaniel.. knocked me over and started biting me in the head. I don’t have any memory of it.

When I was older I got attacked by a lab.. when I was a teenager I got attacked by another lab.. the second one paid not only for that but he paid for the first one.

There was a golden retriever that used to roam the keys. Nicest dog ever. One day a guy was driving his golf cart and it jumped in and mauled the shit out of him. 100+ stitches.

Dogs are dogs

NicPaus

Reaction score
I had this old fat pit attack my dogs recently. Under my gate in picture. The blood is from the pit. 8 years old and they said he has never been aggressive. They have 3 other dogs. Mom left gate open and he wandered a few blocks and was attacking my Dogs under the gate. My Dogs had pups so they were fighting back. My Female had to have her mouth stitched up and her foot. They apologized paid for the vet and apologized to my Dogs in person. Stand up pit owner that new he was at fault. Had I got there 30 minutes earlier I would of shot it. My neighbor almost did but another neighbor stopped him.

Attachments

• 20220131_165417.jpg
    20220131_165417.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220131_170538.jpg
    20220131_170538.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 32

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I had this old fat pit attack my dogs recently. Under my gate in picture. The blood is from the pit. 8 years old and they said he has never been aggressive. They have 3 other dogs. Mom left gate open and he wandered a few blocks and was attacking my Dogs under the gate. My Dogs had pups so they were fighting back. My Female had to have her mouth stitched up and her foot. They apologized paid for the vet and apologized to my Dogs in person. Stand up pit owner that new he was at fault. Had I got there 30 minutes earlier I would of shot it. My neighbor almost did but another neighbor stopped him.
Glad they did the right thing.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I don't get how someone doesn't fight back? She had the strength and wherewithal to crawl into the elevator, reach for and hit the button, but wouldn't even hit the dog at all? Even when it had let go? It's literally a fight for your life against an attacking dog. Punch, kick, claw, poke eyes, etc to get away. This lady did none except drag the dog to wherever she was trying to get to.

I can only assume that she tried everything she could and what we saw was last ditch effort to find help.

precisiondetails

Reaction score

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I had a cool pit 'Kona' .
Ran her over with my Landcruiser, she was fine.
She T-Bone'd a car while chasing a ball and put a big dent in the passenger-side door, she was fine.
She chewed beer cans and shit-out the pieces, she was fine.
She licked a trolling lure attached to a heavy rod/reel set-up and it snagged her lip . . . she came un-glue'd. 3 of us couldn't hold her down to remove the hook.
Vet had to put her under to get it out . . . She was fine after. LOL.
They're rad dogs . . . but not sure I'd have one again, just out of liability concerns.
I'm looking more at 'Basset Hounds' at this stage of my life. :cool:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I had a cool pit 'Kona' .
Ran her over with my Landcruiser, she was fine.
She T-Bone'd a car while chasing a ball and put a big dent in the passenger-side door, she was fine.
She chewed beer cans and shit-out the pieces, she was fine.
She licked a trolling lure attached to a heavy rod/reel set-up and it snagged her lip . . . she came un-glue'd. 3 of us couldn't hold her down to remove the hook.
Vet had to put her under to get it out . . . She was fine after. LOL.
They're rad dogs . . . but not sure I'd have one again, just out of liability concerns.
I'm looking more at 'Basset Hounds' at this stage of my life. :cool:
lol......

That reminded me when Roxy was about 3 years old or so. She chased a ball or something straight across the street and ran dead into a car driving by. She also was fine. I always told her when she had a little owie...."You're a Pit Bull....shake it off" lol

She used to get a little disappointed in me when I would not take her on the boat which was rare. One day coming home, put the boat in the garage and went inside. Came back out and she was coming down the ladder at the front of the trailer from being on the Bennington I had. We ended up going back to CA for about two weeks. My brothers came out to my house to hang while I was in CA. Seems there was a big pile of shit up on the sun pad. Roxy went up there and took a shit because she was mad at me for not taking her.....lol I tried everything to get that damn stain out....a swirl...the only thing that got it out was the sun which eventually bleached it out. Damn dog!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
When I was a toddler I was attacked by a cocker spaniel.. knocked me over and started biting me in the head. I don’t have any memory of it.

When I was older I got attacked by a lab.. when I was a teenager I got attacked by another lab.. the second one paid not only for that but he paid for the first one.

There was a golden retriever that used to roam the keys. Nicest dog ever. One day a guy was driving his golf cart and it jumped in and mauled the shit out of him. 100+ stitches.

Dogs are dogs

That's the problem, all dogs have the ability to attack, but in all the cases you mention above, if that dog was a pit bull there would more then likely be more injuries and/or death...like someone said above, pit bulls are great UNTIL they aren't...once that switch is flipped there is no stopping them

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
lol......

That reminded me when Roxy was about 3 years old or so. She chased a ball or something straight across the street and ran dead into a car driving by. She also was fine. I always told her when she had a little owie...."You're a Pit Bull....shake it off" lol

She used to get a little disappointed in me when I would not take her on the boat which was rare. One day coming home, put the boat in the garage and went inside. Came back out and she was coming down the ladder at the front of the trailer from being on the Bennington I had. We ended up going back to CA for about two weeks. My brothers came out to my house to hang while I was in CA. Seems there was a big pile of shit up on the sun pad. Roxy went up there and took a shit because she was mad at me for not taking her.....lol I tried everything to get that damn stain out....a swirl...the only thing that got it out was the sun which eventually bleached it out. Damn dog!
Epic !!!

Pit's are rad.
One 4th of July we were having a block party.
Kona used to pull me on my skateboard at mach-speed. So the neighborhood kids wanted to try it. (recipe for a disaster right?) . . . anyways, for some reason she wasn't interested in pulling them . . . one kid even got a hot-dog, tied it to a string and then on a stick and tried dangling it in front of Kona while he was on the skateboard !!!! We were all laughing cause it was hilarious, but it didn't work, she wasn't interested . . . then the kids older brother Jay said, "Watch this"!!! . . . and yelled "Hey Kona.... GO GET THE BALL" . . . and he chucked a tennis ball down the street ! . . . . Kona lunged so hard, she yanked Jon straight off the skateboard with the leash wrapped to his wrist . . . . we live 3 houses from the end of a cul-de-sac, and Kona drug him all the way to the end of the street and around the corner and out of sight before the leash came off his wrist !!!!
We all laughed so hard !!!! . . . until Jon came back around the corner completely skinned-up from head to toe !!!!
But. we still crack up about it to this day !
Good Times !

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Epic !!!

Pit's are rad.
One 4th of July we were having a block party.
Kona used to pull me on my skateboard at mach-speed. So the neighborhood kids wanted to try it. (recipe for a disaster right?) . . . anyways, for some reason she wasn't interested in pulling them . . . one kid even got a hot-dog, tied it to a string and then on a stick and tried dangling it in front of Kona while he was on the skateboard !!!! We were all laughing cause it was hilarious, but it didn't work, she wasn't interested . . . then the kids older brother Jay said, "Watch this"!!! . . . and yelled "Hey Kona.... GO GET THE BALL" . . . and he chucked a tennis ball down the street ! . . . . Kona lunged so hard, he yanked Jon straight off the skateboard with the leash wrapped to his wrist . . . . we live 3 houses from the end of a cul-de-sac, and Kona drug him all the way to the end of the street and around the corner and out of sight before the leash came off his wrist !!!!
We all laughed so hard !!!! . . . until Jon came back around the corner completely skinned-up from head to toe !!!!
But. we still crack up about it to this day !
Good Times !
Thats funny.....Pits are sensitive. I found with Roxy all you had to do was raise your voice and you could see how it affected her. All of them I have had were like that except for Bandit. Bandit would have been a good honey badger.....he didn't give a shit

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's the problem, all dogs have the ability to attack, but in all the cases you mention above, if that dog was a pit bull there would more then likely be more injuries and/or death...like someone said above, pit bulls are great UNTIL they aren't...once that switch is flipped there is no stopping them

It depends on what you are calling a "Pit Bull". Generally true pit's are only 55-65 lbs at max. Now everything with any kind of block head is labelled a "pit". So you gotta realize some of this is skewed heavily in that direction.

Couple of quick facts you might be surprised about.. Pitbulls are the only breed of dog that was bred NOT to bite a human. They historically were known as the "nanny" dog, because of their temperament and how good they are with kids. In general they make shitty guard dogs because they are so friendly..

doesn't hardly computer does it?

RD

BingerFang

Reaction score

Pitbulls are like Ford Pintos.... it's all good til it's not.

There are no such thing as bad Pinto's, just bad drivers, lol!

Fun fact about Pitbulls: They are only illegal in New York, Arkansas, Ohio, West Virginia, Colorado, Missouri, Washington, Nebraska, Texas, and Oregon.

Last edited:

relaxalot

Reaction score
I know there are some good pits but there is probably no other breed that has so many problems… other people shouldn’t have to put up with your pits.. they are one of the few dog breeds I don’t trust.. imo too much of a hassle.. and I love dogs..

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I trust Pits way more over any Rottweiler, Akita, or Chow Chow.
My buddy had and Akita names 'ZYGOT', scariest dog ever, it would go straight for your nuts the 1st time you'd meet it to test you.
My buddy said the 1st time I met him, "I'm gonna introduce you to Zygot, make 2 fists and put them over your junk cause he's gonna go straight for it" . . . I'm not even kidding. Dog stuffed his nose right in my crotch growling. He said, "You'll never have to do that again, he knows you now".
It was so gnarly that it would hide in the backyard and wait for Possums to go along the fence, then jump-up,, grab it and chew out it's belly & all the guts.
Dog was scary psycho.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My Brother used to have a few pits that were papered and true game pits. They were small like 35-45 lbs. Would destroy all these big mean looking pits. Like mentioned they bit the owner they got wacked. Breed that way.

Problem is all the pits bred for size and other things. Buddy had a pit bred for weight pulling. We ended up with both his pits when he fell on hard times years ago. That male was no gaming pit but was a liability when he saw another dog. I had to get rid of him after he attacked a neighbor and his dog. He was 112 lbs when we got him and 85lbs after 6 months of skateboarding. I recall throwing him in the pool to get him to unlatch from the female pit several times. He was all muscle and majority of the time a great dog.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Pitbulls are like Ford Pintos.... it's all good til it's not.

There are no such thing as bad Pinto's, just bad drivers, lol!

Fun fact about Pitbulls: They are only illegal in New York, Arkansas, Ohio, West Virginia, Colorado, Missouri, Washington, Nebraska, Texas, and Oregon.

Illegal in Oregon? Might want to check your facts?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I thought winter was over already but this pit thread signals NOW spring is here. Had to have one of these to finish winter off.

Lol

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Funny thing is I had a buddy that bread and fought Pits, most terrible thing you have ever seen if you are not into that kind of thing. His "prize" fighter was the coolest, most mellow guy youd ever meet. I would wrestle with that fukr for hours, everytime I came over he would get all excited!! Put him in a ring and he was "king".. but would trust that guy with a my newborn baby if I needed to!!

My mom bred and raised Dobermans
and wolf/Shepard's when I was growing up. It is all in how they are raised. And I am a firm believer in that. I had the neighbors when I was like 5yrs old try and have one of our dobbies put down for "being mean". When the judge seen me grab Dutch by the tounge and lead him around, the case was over. Torment my dog or come on our property and, at that point, it is your own fault!!

But in the same aspect some dogs are better off with a bullet between the eyes as well as the one who raised them🤷🏻‍♂️

renodaytona

Reaction score
I was attacked by my neighbors pit when I was 9 years old came close to not making it. Still to this day I have a fear of them. Have some friends that have had them and those are the exceptions to my trust issues with the breed.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I was attacked by my neighbors pit when I was 9 years old came close to not making it. Still to this day I have a fear of them. Have some friends that have had them and those are the exceptions to my trust issues with the breed.
Totally understandable.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
Not to jack the thread but how are the temperaments of a Cane Corso Mastiff?

We have one in the neighborhood and he is a big MOFO but always seems chill on his walks. Owner says they are same as most Mastiffs very protective of family/home with strangers but once welcomed by owner all is ok. He also said great with kids and other dogs.

Just curious as I would not want that dog coming for me.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

We have one in the neighborhood and he is a big MOFO but always seems chill on his walks. Owner says they are same as most Mastiffs very protective of family/home with strangers but once welcomed by owner all is ok. He also said great with kids and other dogs.

Never had one but I have heard the same. I saw one in Home Depot and the dog walked right up to me, leaned against me and allowed me to pet him. The owner was shocked as he said his Cane did not like males at all. I was thinking to myself "Why the F would you bring him in HD if thats the case?". As I was leaving another guy walked down the aisle and the dog started barking at him. Damn if I know but it was a beautiful strong dog.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

The same as any other.. it is all determined on how they were raised! Never trust a dog you dont know or have never been around. My advice to anyone that has to ask! As you have no clue as to the purpose that dog was raised!!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Never had one but I have heard the same. I saw one in Home Depot and the dog walked right up to me, leaned against me and allowed me to pet him. The owner was shocked as he said his Cane did not like males at all. I was thinking to myself "Why the F would you bring him in HD if thats the case?". As I was leaving another guy walked down the aisle and the dog started barking at him. Damn if I know but it was a beautiful strong dog.

Dogs are the best judge of character imo.. if my dog dont like you, chances are very high that I will feel the same🤣🤣

bonesfab

Reaction score

There is one that comes to the park. Almost 200lbs. Gentle giant. Mine runs up to him like a long lost friend when he sees him. Jumps in his face like buddy ole pal. All in how they are raised. I would never want a non socialized dog. Mine goes just about everywhere with me. Walking through Home depot, I drop his leash and he picks it up and stays with me. If I take to long in one spot he just lays down. The other weekend I was in the hardware store. HIs back leg is bothering him so he just laid down and was minding his own business while I rounded up the hardware I needed. The dumb Liberal Cunt with a yipping hourderve thought it would be a good idea to let her dog bother him. I look over and Bonehead is up smacking the thing around. Her husband and I were like WTF were you thinking.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
There is one that comes to the park. Almost 200lbs. Gentle giant. Mine runs up to him like a long lost friend when he sees him. Jumps in his face like buddy ole pal. All in how they are raised. I would never want a non socialized dog. Mine goes just about everywhere with me. Walking through Home depot, I drop his leash and he picks it up and stays with me. If I take to long in one spot he just lays down. The other weekend I was in the hardware store. HIs back leg is bothering him so he just laid down and was minding his own business while I rounded up the hardware I needed. The dumb Liberal Cunt with a yipping hourderve thought it would be a good idea to let her dog bother him. I look over and Bonehead is up smacking the thing around. Her husband and I were like WTF were you thinking.
haha.....thats funny

Ya....socialization is key for a pup to get out and go. As much exposure as possible from a young age.

One thing I have always done with my pups is interrupt their eating and take it away. Make them sit and then put the food back down and let them continue eating. It helps break resource guarding tendencies. Resource guarding can be anything, you the yard, food, toys, etc. I don't want my pup to be trivial on that shit and think he is running things. Roxy has always had other pups around and she learned that very early on.