WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HUGE PROBLEM ON THE ISLAND - POLICE, FIRE ETC

New to boating

Reaction score
Within the last 20 minutes probably 7 Havasu PD cars over the bridge to the Island, 2 firetrucks, at least 2 ambulances, Sheriff cars etc - big issue - any idea what is going on?

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
FB is talking about an accident in Thompson bay, CPR on one person, and another still missing. Possible female with no life jacket on.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Seen the cops and helicopter as well. Not good. All in our thought.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Comment are all over the place but this same one seems to be echoed on every post. Really hope it's not true...

IMG_7709.jpg

Reactions: ROC

Blubyu

Reaction score
All kinds of stuff to include video on River Whips about it. Bad deal. ☹️ RIP.

Backlash

Reaction score
Damn. That's horrible news for all involved. :(

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Lemme get this straight. A jet ski at 10:00 at night cut off a boat. The jet ski riders are fine, but the occupants of the boat are not? :(
Sad.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Saw the cops drive down. Went to the south end of the channel and saw them performing CPR on a guy, did not look good

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Newest info is no jetski bot was traveling at a decent rate of speed turned sharp and people were ejected. From an eye witness apparently

Dirtbag

Reaction score
5 people in boat 3 ok 1 lost life (riverwhips) member was resucitating at channel to no avail and 1 is missing

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So sad
Everyone is reporting it was a blue boat, but no other details. Does anyone know what type / size of boat?

fishing fool

Reaction score
The only boat I saw on shore was a dark blue (I think it was a dark color) cat. Not too sure if it was the boat or not just the only boat around.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Someone on Facebook posted 36 Nordic. I just driv by and these last 2 sheriff boats in the area.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
After watching the cops position on the point at Thompson Bay, a pontoon boat came towards shore at a fast speed. The cops immediately dragged a guy off and started CPR. We were surprised how long it took the paramedics to get there... We also saw a helicopter shining light on the bay and we thought maybe they we're looking for someone :( Very Sad!!!

We were also shocked by how many people were running after the cops with their cell phones out! Kids and adults!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Before everyone goes too negative, there are hundreds of posts on R.W.'s of condolences and kudos to the nurse that gave extensive CPR, and virtually no photos.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
When did society turn the corner to where a person's tragedy becomes entertainment and a video opportunity?

They have no idea what they're running towards ... what if it was something violent?

So stupid ... unless you have skills to help as a trained first responder, and there's a need for help - why would people want to possibly get in the way or put themselves possibly in harms way??? Dumbification of our society!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Looks like the PD dive boat and some other PD boats are set up just outside the buoy line.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When did society turn the corner to where a person's tragedy becomes entertainment and a video opportunity?

While I tend to agreewjth the sentiment, realistically I'd say it's been going on since the dawn of man..

nowski

Reaction score
This type of behavior has been going on long before social media. My mom was involved in an accident back in the late 70's, hundreds gathered around the accident scene till the body was removed. Anyway you look at it it's a sad situation...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

About the time the Coliseum was built.

So sad to hear about yet another boating accident.
RIP

Reactions: DWC

2Driver

Reaction score
Yeah I guess so. LOL when you think about it, its called the 6:00 local news.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
From the pic I saw somewhere else it was the 35 nordic full color yellow and orange that maxed out sold exactly 3 months ago.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah I guess so. LOL when you think about it, its called the 6:00 local news.

Farrell and Navarro wrote a song about it decades ago.

"Ted, Just Admit It...Janes Addiction"

Camera got them images
Camera got them all
Nothing's shocking...
Showed me everybody
Naked and disfigured
Nothing's shocking...
And then he came
Now sister's
Not a virgin anymore
Her sex is violent...

The T.V.'s got them images
T.V.'s got them all
It's not shocking!
Every half an hour
Someone's captured and
The cop moves them along...
It's just like the show before
The news is
Just another show
With sex and violence...

shueman

Reaction score
I took this at the Nautical around 830p ... it was pretty dark out and did here some big power runnin in the distance ... the Rescue Vehicles were coming in as I was leaving ...

P0920169.jpg

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Im still lost as to what happened, it was a single vessel incident?

Sounds like the boat didnt hit anything, but did some type of evasive move and pitched the occupants?

Singleton

Reaction score
Im still lost as to what happened, it was a single vessel incident?

Sounds like the boat didnt hit anything, but did some type of evasive move and pitched the occupants?

Based on what I read, single vessel incident. Not sure what caused the incident, but all 5 on board where thrown out of the boat. 2 survived, 2 passed and 1 still missing.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Jesus, what a shame. I came off the lake around 5 and the wind was still gaining speed. I can imagine it only went worse from there

Kahunajuice

Reaction score
Based on what I read, single vessel indigent. Not sure what caused the incident, but all 5 on board where thrown out of the boat. 2 survived, 2 passed and 1 still missing.

Very sad news.

Heylam

Reaction score
Before everyone goes too negative, there are hundreds of posts on R.W.'s of condolences and kudos to the nurse that gave extensive CPR, and virtually no photos.

What is R.W.'s with hundreds of posts?

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Man this bums me out!!! I can not even imagine going to the lake and not coming home with everyone I went with....:(:(:(

I am sure we will get all the details in time but what a FU deal for those involved and their families....