WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HUGE PROBLEM ON THE ISLAND - POLICE, FIRE ETC

HavaToon

Reaction score
Yes that is the boat [emoji17]

I saw the boat yesterday afternoon head up river by the sandbar. Everyone appeared to be having a blast, it's terrible how all the can change in an instant.

Heylam

Reaction score
River whips on Facebook

Not a Facebooker, so I guess I'm out. Seems weird that there's hundreds of responses there, and no real info here.. I thought RD's was the most up to date informative source of what was happening at Havasu.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Yeah I don't do Facebook. I'm guess I'm kinda lost for info.
I did leave town at 11ish. Saw no less than 6 law boats in formation doing the search. There were a 100 years south of the bout line heading north with the big wind.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not a Facebooker, so I guess I'm out. Seems weird that there's hundreds of responses there, and no real info here.. I thought RD's was the most up to date informative source of what was happening at Havasu.

You mean it seems weird that there is a another place on the internet with more misinformation, conjecture and people on taller soapboxes you need to sift through to get info about what goes on and what people do at the river than RDP?

That really sounds like it would be worth my time!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Agree not on fag book , but whatever happen exactly after reading this thread.
Jus a sucky deal. [emoji202]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

RDP in its current format can't compete with the speed of Facebook because it's so easy to upload pics and videos from mobile devices on fb. (FYI we are working on changing that.)

That said in all these incidents it seems the info put out on fb is wildly inaccurate to say the least and for some reason it's like people don't have a filter. I rarely delete shit in here but if people were behaving like they do on some of these pages, I'd throw the switch on the website and go do something else for a living.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Thr winds blowing thays whats going on!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Water temp is pretty high, close to 80, the body should surface by today.

Taboma

Reaction score
Water temp is pretty high, close to 80, the body should surface by today.

Of course that temp is water surface, cools quickly with depth.

This from the Havasu Hearld, updated an hour ago --- not much info.
Havasu Hearld Fatal Boating accident.jpg

Reaction score
They are a new group on Facebook with 17k members where 80-90% are also members here. Lol

And people on FB use their real name, here everyone hide's behind screen names. you can view RW without being a member on FB its just harder to view with the popup box asking you to join FB blocking most of the screen.

CornWater

Hey Now!!!
Reaction score
The Herald never fails to disappoint me with their reporting. It's some of the worst journalism I've ever encountered.

X2. My wife and I were just reading article and both said exact same thing, essentially a non-article.

2Driver

Reaction score
Jet ski hits boat
Boat by itself tosses out occupants.
Pontoon boat accident
Blue power boat
White & orange boat
1 dead, 3 dead, 3 on beach 1 missing ?
Adults and children running with cameras on filming it.

I just wanted to be sure we have all the facts in one place [emoji4]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
These were the nicest people you'd ever meet. I'm so upset about the whole deal. He had a 34 Kachina before so this boat wasn't a whole lot different as far as having a big twin motor vee. I hope their kids weren't on the boat.

I really don't want to speculate about who what or why or argue about FB. This is a horrible situation all around.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Great Point OD1. It would be nice to have all the facts, but that doesn't change the fact that at least one person did lose their life and another is still missing. So sad.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Terrible situation to say the least. Praying for those involved.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Terrible situation. RIP to the folks that didn't make it.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The Mohave County Sheriff's Department has identified the man killed in Saturday night's fatal boat accident. According to a sheriff's department news release, Bruce Buchanan, 51, of Redondo Beach, California, died at Havasu Regional Medical Center following the accident.

An unidentified woman is still missing.

According to the sheriff's department, the 35-foot Nordic twin motor boat flipped around 8 p.m. Saturday. Several witnesses saw the boat traveling north in the South Basin of Lake Havasu near Body Beach, where it made a hard left turn, causing the boat operator to lose control.

Boaters in the area helped several victims out of the water, including Buchanan, who was unconscious and unresponsive. The unmanned boat was still circling the scene at high speed during the rescue, the sheriff's department said. The boaters brought the victims back to London Bridge Beach, where they were met by members of the Lake Havasu City fire and police departments. CPR was administered to Buchanan, who was then taken to the hospital for further treatment. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

The missing female passenger was last seen by the boaters who helped pull victims from the water. A search of the area and shorelines was conducted by marine unites from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, Lake Havasu City Police Department and the Lake Havsau City Fire Department, along with a helicopter from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

Search efforts for the woman continued to 3 a.m. Sunday and resumed during daylight hours. Sheriff's officials are using side-scan sonar technology to look for the woman, including a remote operated submarine and dive team members.

During the search, the boat involved in the accident was located near Spectator Point, where it had run ashore at high speed.

The sheriff's office says alcohol appears to be a factor, and the operator, who was uninjured, is cooperating in the investigation.

buck35

Reaction score
How and why has this thread dropped from the first page? A terribly tragic event with folks appearantly known here and it turns to crickets...
alcohol involved, bad deal, it could be many of us, and a life changer for sure. :(

Joker

Reaction score
I'll never understand the need to drink and be the operator of a boat with other lives involved. RIP to those who lost their ability to live their entire life.

fishing fool

Reaction score
How and why has this thread dropped from the first page? A terribly tragic event with folks appearantly known here and it turns to crickets...
alcohol involved, bad deal, it could be many of us, and a life changer for sure. :(

What more would like to drag up????? Lives were lost, we know somewhat of how. What more is there to talk about without knowing anymore information???

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I have been just watching from the sidelines I guess, I don't do FB, or anything else except Instagram. but from what ive seen, this was a seriously tragic accident, and RIP to the deceased and condolences to the families that lost loved ones...totally sad to hear this...:(

buck35

Reaction score
What more would like to drag up????? Lives were lost, we know somewhat of how. What more is there to talk about without knowing anymore information???

I wasn't trying to be morbid , just asking. FYVM.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm always saying I want more power and I want to go faster. Truth is the boat is plenty fast and plenty dangerous. Havasu and the river were both choppy and very busy. My brother and his friend both wanted to drive but they had been drinking and I thought it was a bad idea. I had to say no, not this time. It's just not worth the risk. My thoughts are with everyone involved. Lives will be changed forever.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Man, I hate reading those kind of final paragraphs. [emoji20] but that is the usual way the [emoji438]'s do it.

chaser

Reaction score
Anyone see the boat afterwards, Boat was circling, than ran aground..
Broken drive perhaps or motor lock up ?????? that would cause a hook in a V botttom. not much else would cause a hook in a V.
Only other thing is a power slide, which i think would be hard to do in a 35" boat

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Broken drive perhaps or motor lock up ?????? that would cause a hook in a V botttom. not much else would cause a hook in a V.
Only other thing is a power slide, which i think would be hard to do in a 35" boat

That was my feeling from the beginning I was waiting to see if it was a twin or single.....lost a drive or motor at speed, peeps got pitched, lanyard either not available or not used, and boat carried on circling at last throttle position on working powerplant until it contacted something.

Sad deal all around.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

a drive broke was my first thought also.

One of our Delta buddies died when something broke in the drive, the boat hooked hard, and pitched him out. He was driving a 28' Cat at an estimated speed of 55 mph.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I read about it sunday morning. We saw a copter flying low Saturday night, didn't think anything of it.
Sunday leaving town seeing the patrol boats doing the search was nauseating. Sorta hit home

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Same here after reading it was a twin.....
a drive broke was my first thought also.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

Twin step hull with a driver that had been drinking or even sober but not familiar with operating a twin step boat. Steps create aeration under the hull reducing hydrodynamic drag. The side effect is the boat getting loose in hard turns and spinning out. This has happened to many experienced boaters unfamiliar with stepped hull handling regardless of the boat manufacturer or size.

chaser

Reaction score
Article says boat ran aground at high speed. if true is there a way to tell if motor\ drive broke before hand ?
either way the driver is royally screwed

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Article says boat ran aground at high speed. if true is there a way to tell if motor\ drive broke before hand ?
either way the driver is royally screwed

The driver ey? Did you read the articles?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Did you?
, and the operator, who was uninjured, is cooperating in the investigation.

Perhaps I did not sir. Initial report I read was that the owner of the boat was deceased and no information on the injured passenger had been released.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
....and of course I assumed the owner was operating.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Perhaps I did not sir. Initial report I read was that the owner of the boat was deceased and no information on the injured passenger had been released.

Two dead.. (one still missing) Driver is uninjured, and cooperating. He's going to be up shit creek without a paddle. He'll be coming out of jail about the time we are going to be going into nursing homes.