WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HUGE PROBLEM ON THE ISLAND - POLICE, FIRE ETC

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I can't imagine someone in a 35' twin step vee just out there spinning it out for fun. This isn't a jet ski or a tournament boat.. that is a big bitch to be doing that kind of stuff.

I would seriously doubt the validity of whomever wrote that. It would be sketchy as fuck and if you didn't it once on accident I promise you would Never want to do it again..

Who knows though nothing surprises me anymore.

There was a video on river whips posted 4 minutes ago. It's him spinning the boat going pretty fast.

yard dog

Reaction score
I keep reading spun out and I know I should know but I'm not exactly sure what a spinnout is

There was a video posted on face book on RW page showing this , someone had taken cell phone video of the boat doing high speed run then a driver doing a spinout like you would do on a sea doo but it's gone they took the video down it did have over 1800 views .

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ah man I wanted to see that video. Sounds like the driver was either drunk or stupid or both... Too bad for his victims.

Dog

Reaction score
Non Facebookers

[video=vimeo;221636784]https://vimeo.com/221636784[/video]

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
That is just insane. Like literally close to insane.

What's insane? From the video posted here he's driving like an idiot and it's too bad for "his victims" that their "captain" used such poor judgement whether it's stupidity or drunkenness, or both which it appears to be.

JD D05

Reaction score
What's insane? From the video posted here he's driving like an idiot and it's too bad for "his victims" that their "captain" used such poor judgement whether it's stupidity or drunkenness, or both which it appears to be.

Making that type of turn in that boat is insane, I own a Flame and it drops off plane at 30 or so. He had to be going at least 40 into that spin out. To even have that cross your mind in any boat is beyond stupid.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Ah man I wanted to see that video. Sounds like the driver was either drunk or stupid or both... Too bad for his victims.

Thats the video , :eek

Non Facebookers

I don't believe that video is the actual incident where people died!

It was posted earlier that he was spinning the boat out all day.. I didn't believe it when I read it.

Look at the video though, The video looks to be shot during the day (Not 8:00 at night). The boat in the final incident took off at a "high rate of speed" made a few circles and then hit the shoreline. Boat looks to be idling after he spun out this time.

I actually think this fucking guy was spinning a 35' Flame out all day like a seadoo? Unfucking Believable!

RD

JD D05

Reaction score
It was posted earlier that he was spinning the boat out all day.. I didn't believe it when I read it.

Look at the video though, I don't believe that was the actual incident that killed people. The video looks to be shot during the day (Not 8:00 at night). The boat in the final incident took off at a "high rate of speed" made a few circles and then hit the shoreline. Boat looks to be idling after he spun out this time.

I actually think this fucking guy was spinning a 35' Flame out all day like a seadoo? Unfucking Believable!

RD

I am just as shocked as you man. I did not think it was possible but I have been introduced to a whole new level of moron. I have a lot of seat time in mine and honestly did not think it was possible to do that, or I knew you would have to be carrying a lot of speed to whip it around like that...thinking nobody is that stupid.

underpressure

Reaction score
I just don't fucking get it...pure douchbaggery....

I know for myself, I would have demanded that the driver stop that bs, or put me on the shore like right now!

This video, some other eye witness reports, and an assumption of alcohol use...dude is going away for a long time, and well deserved.

Condolences to the victims and their families....

She's Mine

Reaction score
IMG_5639.jpg

Seems like he has driven like this before.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I don't believe that video is the actual incident where people died!

Look at the video though, The video looks to be shot during the day (Not 8:00 at night). The boat in the final incident took off at a "high rate of speed" made a few circles and then hit the shoreline. Boat looks to be idling after he spun out this time.

RD

Yes, I agree. I don't think it was posted with the intention of leading people to believe this was when the accident happened, but more so just to let people know how idiotic he was driving the whole time showing off. As others have said, to even have this thought cross your mind thinking it's a good idea to try/execute/keep doing, is insane.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
just when you think you've seen it all....wow, that is some next level Idiot shit there....how sad that he took down some innocent people and he was not hurt. I honestly cannot believe what I just saw. wtf?

underpressure

Reaction score
And a prior incident at Lake Mead?

This effer needs to go away for a long time....

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
The video is quickly dissapearing, Andrews post, and family members page is suddenly "unavailable.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Fuck, that is crazy! Curious to know what the Mead incident was now.

Absolute idiot!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And it just keeps getting better..

Notice anything wrong with the trim?

Guy has one drive tucked in and the starboard drive trimmed out past neutral.

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

This as the boat sits right now!

Boat couldn't have hit the shore going that fast because there is no noticeable damage to the lowers or props.

Letsride22

Reaction score
Takes an ass heavy 35' Flame out for a day of alcohol and high speed spinning! Just speechless!

Raffit78

Reaction score
Never thought I would see a 35 foot boat looking like the inner tube we use to throw kids off of.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Jesus.......

That guy should have stuck to a rental waverunner. What a horrible ending

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is video gone?

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/221636784" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/221636784">crash.mp4</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user36564832">Lowlife Loser</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

hawgty55

Reaction score
Bad deal. Pulled off into loves off 95 on our way into town friday morning behind the nordic. Not exactly sure but i believe that one of his buddies was towing single axle trailer with two pwc and blew by me about 90mph. Regardless of relation both careless for others around them and themsleves!

gmnhra

Reaction score
I can not come up with any reason to intentionally spin a boat...jet ski for that matter....

so why are videos of stupid crap always crystal clear and videos of important stuff grainy and out of focus????

fishing fool

Reaction score
I can not come up with any reason to intentionally spin a boat...jet ski for that matter....

so why are videos of stupid crap always crystal clear and videos of important stuff grainy and out of focus????

I'm going to say that THIS is the video, taken in low light is why so grainy and out of focus. At the net it looks like the boat is still moving slow. This would be when it circled before beaching.

We pulled into drop friends off when the sheriff went by with lights and sirens on and it was not completely dark yet.

Icky

Reaction score
Someone probably lowered the quality of the video to post it online or it was taken from an iPhone:D

Dog

Reaction score
Someone probably lowered the quality of the video to post it online or it was taken from an iPhone:D

The video was posted to Facebook by a family member I believe. I then downloaded it and uploaded it to Vimeo. It was a bad quality video to begin with then all the saving and moving around I am sure didn't help.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wow, that video is f'd up, it's mind boggling that anyone would even attempt that, the g forces inside the boat must have been ridiculous

cofooter

Reaction score
Wow, that video is f'd up, it's mind boggling that anyone would even attempt that, the g forces inside the boat must have been ridiculous

Unless they were drunk, I could not even imagine why anyone would do that sober.......

spectracular

Reaction score
Coverage (?) from NBC Los Angeles. Shows the family of the girl who died as well as the boat. Sad deal.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Lake-Havasu-boating-crash-428354203.html

Family members state that a life vest was thrown to her...but she could not put it on in the water.

I realize I am making this assumption without knowing the facts...but something about this sounds really odd to me. Based on what the family said, she was alert when she went into the water...all you have to do is try to remain calm and hang on to the life vest and it will keep your head above water...what am I missing?

It's a shit situation that was compounded by multiple bad decisions. Shit happens and you have to be ready for it. The issue (IMO) is that the girl unexpectedly went into the water without a vest. There are an infinite number of reasons as to why she could have gone in, and in this case it sounds like she was ejected because of the driver doing donuts. Still though...why put yourself into a situation like that, being unprepared to deal with whatever may come your way? I am in no way saying what the driver did was safe or acceptable...but why would you board a boat without a life vest on if you cannot swim/are a poor swimmer? And why are you on a boat without a vest if the driver has been doing stupid shit throughout the day...and may have been drinking? Doesn't self-preservation begin to enter the mind???

Fucked up for everyone involved...including their families...wouldn't wish it on anyone.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score

No one can blame the NORDIC BOAT for having any failures !

They built a product to their highest standards, and all of it's components performed beyond their intended uses .

The boat performed well beyond any reasonable operating conditions .

The dealer that 're-sold' that boat also did a great job when inspecting/repairing it in preparations of selling it to one of their customers .

From my experience, it's always difficult for a builder, seller, or service shop to hear that anything negative has happened to a vehicle, with a product or service they have provided .

The video shows (what I believe to be) unusual vessel use, and the boat appears to have had no mechanical problems, even though it was reported to have 'run aground', when found .

IMO, the fact that a video shows this boat being operated, 'above and beyond normal operating conditions', the fact that the entire machine had no reported failures in this event, proves that many brand names in this 'west coast performance boating industry' are providing products and services ABOVE AND BEYOND industry standards .

I pray for the victims, while I thank the professionals ................

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Hard to understand anyone still riding with the guy if in fact that video was prior to the crash. One of those sweet pit maneuvers and he would be taking me to the shore for my exit and an ass beating. You couldn't get drunk enough as a passenger for that to feel fun. That video is pretty violent and there is no way all 6 of them stayed in there seats during that. However after the spin it sounded like he pulled back on the throttle. I can't understand anyone continuing to ride in the boat after.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Hard to understand anyone still riding with the guy if in fact that video was prior to the crash. One of those sweet pit maneuvers and he would be taking me to the shore for my exit and an ass beating. You couldn't get drunk enough as a passenger for that to feel fun. That video is pretty violent and there is no way all 6 of them stayed in there seats during that. However after the spin it sounded like he pulled back on the throttle. I can't understand anyone continuing to ride in the boat after.

No shit x2

JD D05

Reaction score

Is it possible that very inexperienced boaters would think that is somehow a normal thing to do on some level?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Is it possible that very inexperienced boaters would think that is somehow a normal thing to do on some level?

I would say yes right up to the point of doing a little more then a 180. The sharp turns and fast driving for sure. The second that boat spun I can't see them having fun or staying in there seats, you couldn't hold on that tight.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Seems like the driver used to be a PWC renter and somehow inherited or won enough money to buy that boat and decided to treat it like a rented jet ski...

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Unbelievable... I have a boat that is about the same size as the one that crashed, and I couldn't imagine trying to spin it around like that.

Unfortunately, his passengers might have been inexperienced boaters, and just assumed that the driver know what he was doing. Sad all around

gmnhra

Reaction score
that video of the family is hard to watch...
interesting topic is the "inexperienced boater/rider" and how maybe in some weird way some of the occupants did not know how stupid this guy was..
lets pull alcohol off the table for a moment....
I am not an experience side by side guy....
I have gone for rides with "experienced" drivers that have done some crazy shit that sort of seemed fun at the time. I have no idea as to whether those "stunts" or hill climbs or whatever, were "safe"..
yes we had safety gear on and there was no alcohol but I could see how those passengers could maybe think that what this guy was doing was "fun"....adrenaline rush...whatever....

tragic does not begin to state the obvious...

JD D05

Reaction score
that video of the family is hard to watch...
interesting topic is the "inexperienced boater/rider" and how maybe in some weird way some of the occupants did not know how stupid this guy was..
lets pull alcohol off the table for a moment....
I am not an experience side by side guy....
I have gone for rides with "experienced" drivers that have done some crazy shit that sort of seemed fun at the time. I have no idea as to whether those "stunts" or hill climbs or whatever, were "safe"..
yes we had safety gear on and there was no alcohol but I could see how those passengers could maybe think that what this guy was doing was "fun"....adrenaline rush...whatever....

tragic does not begin to state the obvious...

When I was younger I had a friend that was 23 with a lot of money big house etc we were all single. We all spent a ton of time at his place etc. One Friday night I showed up and first thing he says is hey jump in my new car lets go for a ride and I say ok. I had no idea he was drunk and willing to drive his new LS1 GTO like that with 100 miles on it. We get in and he starts really getting after it, we get to a straight away in a residential area with new building and go past a parked flatbed at about 110. I said Brent dude slow down but he was totally out of control and had this big stupid grin on his face with a big dip in. He than turns downhill in a neighborhood and accelerates to over 100 tries to make a turn on his street and we wipe out about 20K in landscape and send red GTO parts like fucking confetti all over the neighborhood. Keep in mind this is 2 houses down from his house. My point is I knew I was in trouble but I didn't demand anything I was just trying to be cool. If I had to do it again I would have knocked the mother fucker out at my first chance and walked away.