WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Huge shout-out to riverbound

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
@Riverbound hooked us up with a new HVAC system at the house this week. 1st off his crew killed it. From signing the contract to complete install was less than 24 hours. They replaced all the ducting, vents, heater, air handler and a new compressor.

The new system kicks ass! It blows cold and hard.

I was quoted WAY more (over 10k more) for a less efficient system and that price didn't include the duct work.

He also installed a new ecobee 4 thermostat. I can control the entire thing from my phone whether I'm home or away. The programming is awesome and best of all if my wife sets the temp at the thermostat I have total control when she walks away. She doesn't know about the app yet and I'm gonna try and keep it that way lol.

If anyone is in need of a complete new system or just an upgrade send bill a pm. We couldn't be happier.

16239851495414206023742480887975.jpg
16239851958074463373167733317765.jpg
16239852447208956663839882086209.jpg

Gotta love the power of rdp!

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I wonder if he can hook me up with a lifetime supply of R 22. 🤔😂

A little bird told me it's out there...

By the way all the wires in the compressor pic are my mess not theirs running to old satellite dishes and ish. They did an incredibly clean install.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if he can hook me up with a lifetime supply of R 22. 🤔😂

R-22 is out there. Expensive but available, and for those who really want to wrong every last bit of life their are r-22 replacements available. Granted, I’m not that type of contractor so can’t help you but those types are out there.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
R-22 is out there. Expensive but available, and for those who really want to wrong every last bit of life their are r-22 replacements available. Granted, I’m not that type of contractor so can’t help you but those types are out there.
Yeah, I know it’s out there I’m just dragging my feet on upgrading my 26 year old unit. 😂 I can’t help it I’m a cheapskate🤔

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it’s out there I’m just dragging my feet on upgrading my 26 year old unit. 😂 I can’t help it I’m a cheapskate🤔

With how pricing increases every year. Being a cheap skate usually means you will be spending more by waiting. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Holy shit you saved 10k? Yikes

I better replace mine while I can still get equipment at cost.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit you saved 10k? Yikes

I better replace mine while I can still get equipment at cost.

Duct work has increased 300%
Equipment 25%

My guess is within a couple weeks. Smaller shops won’t be Abel to even get equipment. It’s crazy

We were able to protect t ourselves from those increases. So our pricing is still reasonable

Badchoices03

Reaction score
LOL...my R-22 unit SUCKS, but I am also a cheapskate...this week the AC would not cool the house below 85 degrees....

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
LOL...my R-22 unit SUCKS, but I am also a cheapskate...this week the AC would not cool the house below 85 degrees....

You’re probably wasting more on electricity than your payment on a mew system would be 😂😂 And being uncomfortable while at it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Duct work has increased 300%
Equipment 25%

My guess is within a couple weeks. Smaller shops won’t be Abel to even get equipment. It’s crazy

We were able to protect t ourselves from those increases. So our pricing is still reasonable
Yeah I got a quote on a reduct last year because I don’t want to do it.
The price for the reduct was what I used to sell a complete change out with reduct for back in 2006.

I about shit myself lol.

Told the wife between upgrading the HVAC, counter tops, redoing the floor and the fence.

We would be money ahead selling and buying a new house lol

Badchoices03

Reaction score
You’re probably wasting more on electricity than your payment on a mew system would be 😂😂 And being uncomfortable while at it.

I am sure you are probably right....LOL..

The price for the reduct was what I used to sell a complete change out with reduct for back in 2006.

I about shit myself lol.

Told the wife between upgrading the HVAC, counter tops, redoing the floor and the fence.

Tell me about it, had a new deck roof built a couple of months ago, and they had to remove some of the ceramic roof tile to tie into the existing roof and the contractor calls me out there and shows me my roofing paper, it literally is just crumbling, he's like good news is all your shingles are good, so you just have to get the paper replaced, bad news is its gonna cost you almost the same as a whole new roof because they have to pull everything off, stack it nicely, re-paper, and then put tile back on.

Owning a house is the American dream right? RIGHT?

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

I about shit myself lol.

Hahaha, I hear you.
AC (Riverbound) nice to be able have the house at 70 when it's 110 outside👍
Kitchen, pool, floors might of been money ahead buying new LOL

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha, I hear you.
AC (Riverbound) nice to be able have the house at 70 when it's 110 outside👍
Kitchen, pool, floors might of been money ahead buying new LOL

But you’re house is set up better than anything new out there. M
Once you go variable you never go back to traditional equipment

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
But you’re house is set up better than anything new out there. M
Once you go variable you never go back to traditional equipment

[emoji106]. Reminds me I have to call Michelle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
To be honest still not sure how long we are gonna stay in Cali but the weather.,. Plus app our family is here and they help wit

Dude it's time. Lol. Trust me it was painful to write the check but then it was 94 and I was 65 because i had the app on my phone after the wife set it to 78.... Some checks are worth writing...