WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Huntington Beach Air Show This Weekend (Oct 1 to 3)

LB247XS

Reaction score
Yep we are going to tailgate at BOLSA CHICA BEACH then ride our bikes on the bike path to the show [emoji106][emoji106][emoji576][emoji2933][emoji573][emoji2929][emoji3575]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'll be docked just south of pier for show Friday hoping to miss the yawhoos sat/ Sun

ssc

Reaction score
I'll be there Friday or Sunday. Park around Brookhurst and ride my bike. Flying to Catalina and back on Saturday. Wonder if I will see anything? B it twice. Perhaps not as good as Miramar, but very impressive.

Cheers, Steve

ssc

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures from 2018:
BT5E9427.JPG
BT5E8786.JPG
BT5E9654.JPG

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
We like going on Friday as the crowd seems a bit smaller. I think the kids might be sick Friday so it should work out.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This sounds like a whole bunch of fun. Has anyone attended before??
I've been each year. Always a madhouse getting back into harbor due to a stampede of vessels at one time.... thats why Fridays my day this year. Sammy Hagars even in concert on beach later Sat if I heard right.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@rivermobster . . . . the cool thing about the show is that you don't HAVE to be down at ground-zero by the pier to enjoy the show. Yeah, that's where the concessions are and all that, but the planes for the most part go parallel with the beach so you can be a ways down or up from the pier and still get great views of all the action. Obviously it'll be crowded, might be more so this year, so if you want to enter the 'State Beach' to the south I'd recommend showing up early if you go Sat./Sunday. Friday won't be bad. Some people bring bikes and park outside of the beaches and bike-in. I've never actually been down to the 'main-portion' of the event, where the announcers/vendors etc. are set-up, so I can't speak to that . . . but it is cool to see the planes over the water.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We’ve been going every year except for last when it was cancelled due to the Koof. We usually haul our bikes about 1/2 mile from the beach and ride the bikes the rest of the way to the beach. The parking at the beach is impossible unless you get there at the buttcrack of dawn. It’s a Good Time and the best part it’s Freeeeeee. 😜

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Don't call 911....

Thursday is pretty cool too.... No one is on the boardwalk and Jets will be doing some practice runs.

Few years ago I was on a buddy's yacht and when the show was over it was a madhouse as mentioned above. I saw people in a small 18ft bowrider almost getting swamped.

nowski

Reaction score
Yep we are going to tailgate at BOLSA CHICA BEACH then ride our bikes on the bike path to the show [emoji106][emoji106][emoji576][emoji2933][emoji573][emoji2929][emoji3575]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Bolsa Chica, Great Advice...

The best way to get down to the show is by biking in but if you like traffic gridlock drive down to the parking lots in HB.

When it comes to weather keep an eye on the hb cams the day before and the day you plan to attend. One year we made the trip to get to the show and the beach was fogged in all day, show cancelled...

nowski

Reaction score
We like going on Friday as the crowd seems a bit smaller. I think the kids might be sick Friday so it should work out.

Sounds like your kids are showing signs of The Blue Flu, make sure they drink plenty of fluids to over come this illness...

Back in the day when I was a kid in high school I'd cut school to go snow skiing. My mom would write me a note for the excused absence stating that I had an elevated temperature, those raccoon eyes always validated my absence...

DBMX

Reaction score
I've been each year. Always a madhouse getting back into harbor due to a stampede of vessels at one time.... thats why Fridays my day this year. Sammy Hagars even in concert on beach later Sat if I heard right.

Sammy Hagar is Friday night. Sam Hunt is Saturday night.

DBMX

Reaction score
We'll be pedaling around down there all weekend.

For those that have not been it's pretty incredible. Like others have said, you don't need to be in the center to get a great show. Park somewhere else and ride a bike in. I think there is a free shuttle from City Hall? I've never used it so I don't know what the waits are like.

Last time we were in Fred's when they buzzed main street. Building shook and people spilled drinks. 😂

ssc

Reaction score

For those that have not been it's pretty incredible. Like others have said, you don't need to be in the center to get a great show. Park somewhere else and ride a bike in. I think there is a free shuttle from City Hall? I've never used it so I don't know what the waits are like.

Last time we were in Fred's when they buzzed main street. Building shook and people spilled drinks. 😂
We have ridden in from Newport. Do you ride with any particular BMX crew? I have various bikes, but my BMX is a JT 3bar.

Cheers, Steve

Desert Whaler

Reaction score

LOL ! I can relate . . . I've always been a puss about loud noises . . . the 1st year they did the air show here, I was in my upstairs office at my house. It was the day before and we didn't know they'd be practicing . . . had my window open which faces east, I'm not sure what model jet , but it buzzed the house low, loud, and fast, . . . scared the living crap out me! LOL . . .shook all the windows in the house . . . like a little kid I pushed my chair back from the desk and hit the floor like that would help ! LOL.
Good Times.
Also, that 1st year, I guess a couple of the fast fighter jets came straight down beach boulevard hauling ass low . . . scared the crap out of a bunch of businesses etc.
Love it. 🇺🇲

DBMX

Reaction score
LOL ! I can relate . . . I've always been a puss about loud noises . . . the 1st year they did the air show here, I was in my upstairs office at my house. It was the day before and we didn't know they'd be practicing . . . had my window open which faces east, I'm not sure what model jet , but it buzzed the house low, loud, and fast, . . . scared the living crap out me! LOL . . .shook all the windows in the house . . . like a little kid I pushed my chair back from the desk and hit the floor like that would help ! LOL.
Good Times.
Also, that 1st year, I guess a couple of the fast fighter jets came straight down beach boulevard hauling ass low . . . scared the crap out of a bunch of businesses etc.
Love it. 🇺🇲

I had the same issue! HA HA. We are off of Beach and Atlanta. I was on a call and the jet (F35?) came right over our hose to suprize the crowed from behind. Scared the shit out of me and took me a minute to realize what happened, but then I thought "BAD ASS". We got an email from the city this week to "Not call 911" from the noise. 😂

DBMX

Reaction score
We have ridden in from Newport. Do you ride with any particular BMX crew? I have various bikes, but my BMX is a JT 3bar.

Cheers, Steve

No BMX crew. Just a rusted beach cruiser. :cool:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Don't call 911....

Thursday is pretty cool too.... No one is on the boardwalk and Jets will be doing some practice runs.

Few years ago I was on a buddy's yacht and when the show was over it was a madhouse as mentioned above. I saw people in a small 18ft bowrider almost getting swamped.

Man that is so true..... I've never had to work my throttles and wheel as hard just keeping water from coming over my bow. By the time I'd get back into harbor I was always exhausted and that was a 30' Magic Wizard which had a pretty tall free board.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Sammy Hagar is Friday night. Sam Hunt is Saturday night.
Oh thanks for correcting that.... we'll be off boat by 6 so perhaps I'll ride ebike up and get a peek from the bike path if they set stage up across from power plant area as before with concerts on sand. If you learn where exactly it is give a holler please.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Good Times.
Love it. 🇺🇲
Oh that first year was the best.... I was on boat anchored right in thick of it when a single fighter jet came down from the north real low parallel to shore and as you looked at jet it was like on tv when they show the air around jet being white just before they break sound barrier.... we all figure pilot knows that sweet spot cause if he'd cracked it all surrounding windows would smash... that was coolest thing I've ever seen at these HB airshows. And I've noticed it was a one time thing ha!

ssc

Reaction score
Canon 1DM4 with canon 100-400.
When I go to Miramar we buy tickets for one of the chalets.
Cheers, Steve

D19

Reaction score
We’ll be leaving Huntington to avoid the crowds. The show is great but watching these guys practice over the house during the week is just as good.

Sounds like a good weekend to volunteer our traffic control services to the city again. :)

Joker

Reaction score
Sounds like a good weekend to volunteer our traffic control services to the city again. :)
Nothing like a good traffic jam to discourage people from coming back.

Reactions: D19

D19

Reaction score
Nothing like a good traffic jam to discourage people from coming back.

I think redirecting all the 405 off ramps back to the 405 onramps would encourage people to just go back home.

Or maybe if there was just less available parking (red curbs) downtown?

DBMX

Reaction score
Lots of action already. Going to make my afternoon conference calls interesting. 😂

Joker

Reaction score
Damn, wish i was home now. Wife says it’s hard to work right now with the action above

DBMX

Reaction score
Yup, I hear em practicing all the way south in CDM. Can't see them but when they bank I hear it.
The Blue Angles just flew by my window in formation maybe a few hundred yards away (just like the picture posted).

boatnam2

Reaction score
Awesome show, wish I wasn't working. I always park at bolsa and ride bike down. About the time the show is over head to the cliffs just about were the big's boy drop out of the sky for speed run, mind blowing!!!

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
8446516f-5ec9-4a49-91a1-581790ccc913.jpg

Tina Turrieta
9c4900e347339cb9d86d0b58ea042156.png
Private message
View profile
Yorktown

You all must be new here , WELCOME TO HB where we have coyotes randomly wander, people walk their dogs an not pick up their crap, a homeless population that has high mental health issues with high unrealistic expectations set by our community, we have an air show 1x a year that is loud the week prior an performs over the weekend that brings a ton of people (wear a mask if ur concerned), the U.S. open that happens but due to covid was minimal an the 4th of July starts tge week prior at the least an ends a week after at the least. If any of this bothers you we don't apologize, stop complaining the freedom we have by living here is by far worth the sacrifice, oh ! don't forget the "Karen's " of the city they just come with the zip code. Have a great weekend 😀

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Such an awesome show. Fortunate to have gone twice, once with the Blue Angels and once with the Thunderbirds. Want to head back down there now that the BA's are back. Kind of like boats, it's amazing what a second engine does to a plane.

boatpi

Reaction score
Last year. They are blowing by my house all day on the bolas Chica.

Attachments

• C36DC823-66BA-4FF1-938E-3B1FCDCF3429.jpeg
    C36DC823-66BA-4FF1-938E-3B1FCDCF3429.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 22
  • C620F886-D50C-45FF-A891-FE6B3013E748.jpeg
    C620F886-D50C-45FF-A891-FE6B3013E748.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 36FE3EE9-6689-46ED-AB7C-5C8BA77684AC.jpeg
    36FE3EE9-6689-46ED-AB7C-5C8BA77684AC.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 28
  • E4B35FA3-517A-40E1-8BC5-5E06C6F4FFF5.jpeg
    E4B35FA3-517A-40E1-8BC5-5E06C6F4FFF5.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 27
  • D0163DF7-5B5D-4E92-A0BE-2CF3CC0ED97B.jpeg
    D0163DF7-5B5D-4E92-A0BE-2CF3CC0ED97B.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 4A4A8CE8-5CD1-42C2-BDA2-F906DA2D7AE6.jpeg
    4A4A8CE8-5CD1-42C2-BDA2-F906DA2D7AE6.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 25

Joker

Reaction score
View attachment 1054561

Tina Turrieta
9c4900e347339cb9d86d0b58ea042156.png
Private message
View profile
Yorktown

You all must be new here , WELCOME TO HB where we have coyotes randomly wander, people walk their dogs an not pick up their crap, a homeless population that has high mental health issues with high unrealistic expectations set by our community, we have an air show 1x a year that is loud the week prior an performs over the weekend that brings a ton of people (wear a mask if ur concerned), the U.S. open that happens but due to covid was minimal an the 4th of July starts tge week prior at the least an ends a week after at the least. If any of this bothers you we don't apologize, stop complaining the freedom we have by living here is by far worth the sacrifice, oh ! don't forget the "Karen's " of the city they just come with the zip code. Have a great weekend 😀
Do people that live here not pay attention? I also love the ring comments with people freaking out over the coyotes.😁