WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hyd cooling fan

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
The dp I recently picked up has a Hyd fan setup with the side radiators.

Long story short when I was going some of the hills with the k rail next to it I thought I heard some sort of noise. Stopped in at the gas station and everything seemed normal. No smoked belts or weird noises.

Got home and checked the Hyd oil tank, bone dry on the gauge. Lol just my luck. I think it was either the fan motor screaming or the pump. Hoping I didn’t toast any of those guys. I know the fan was working when I got home because the large amount of dust it was kicking up on the country road 😂.

Does anyone have any info on these systems. If found that some have the hyd fan system and the ps pump tied together but mine dosent seem that way. I have two tanks one mounted to the side of the block that I’m pretty positive is ps then another tank closer to the rear of the coach that I think may be the hyd fan.

Anyone have any info on these? It’s a 2000 Country Coach Intrigue with the 8.3l Cummins

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I have a pretty good leak at the filter I can't seem to locate and fix. On my American Coach, that filter is in the back curbside compartment. You might check there for a leak. Also, the fluid on mine is specific. Don't just dump power steering fluid in it. I Believe it says the type on the tank.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
I have a pretty good leak at the filter I can't seem to locate and fix. On my American Coach, that filter is in the back curbside compartment. You might check there for a leak. Also, the fluid on mine is specific. Don't just dump power steering fluid in it. I Believe it says the type on the tank.
I think the style I have at least according to the research I did shows a filter in the tank. It’s a paper filter that probably is on the return side I would hope. If it’s plugged and they ran it on the suction side that will more than likely be the issue. Just not sure if the PS and Fan are tied together. What I think is the PS tank seems to be large compared to what I’ve seen on semis. It sure if the other smaller tank is a expansion tank or separate system. I haven’t crawled over it yet to see but I was curious if anyone had any info. I didn’t see any nasty leaks or anything so I’m not sure where it would be going TBD

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I think the style I have at least according to the research I did shows a filter in the tank. It’s a paper filter that probably is on the return side I would hope. If it’s plugged and they ran it on the suction side that will more than likely be the issue. Just not sure if the PS and Fan are tied together. What I think is the PS tank seems to be large compared to what I’ve seen on semis. It sure if the other smaller tank is a expansion tank or separate system. I haven’t crawled over it yet to see but I was curious if anyone had any info. I didn’t see any nasty leaks or anything so I’m not sure where it would be going TBD
I have a filter in the tank and another external one. I'm unsure if the PS and Fan are on the same system. I watch that tank level like a hawk, just in case. FWIW, what I call a good leak is not dropping the fluid level much. It does not take much of that stuff to make a mess. You should be able to find a leak pretty easily.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
I have a filter in the tank and another external one. I'm unsure if the PS and Fan are on the same system. I watch that tank level like a hawk, just in case. FWIW, what I call a good leak is not dropping the fluid level much. It does not take much of that stuff to make a mess. You should be able to find a leak pretty easily.
I do have a bay in the cargo like you said with a couple filters, I didn’t look to see what they actually where. I assumed a water separator and a fuel filter but I could be wrong as I didn’t look.

I hope so I haven’t filled it up yet. This weekends project. I’m thinking it’s been low for a while. The unit has been sitting for the past 3 years so maybe it has been a small seep. Weird thing is the guy I got it from told me it had been sitting in the same spot I looked at it in and there was no marks on the concrete 🤔

evantwheeler

Reaction score
The dp I recently picked up has a Hyd fan setup with the side radiators.

Long story short when I was going some of the hills with the k rail next to it I thought I heard some sort of noise. Stopped in at the gas station and everything seemed normal. No smoked belts or weird noises.

Got home and checked the Hyd oil tank, bone dry on the gauge. Lol just my luck. I think it was either the fan motor screaming or the pump. Hoping I didn’t toast any of those guys. I know the fan was working when I got home because the large amount of dust it was kicking up on the country road 😂.

Does anyone have any info on these systems. If found that some have the hyd fan system and the ps pump tied together but mine dosent seem that way. I have two tanks one mounted to the side of the block that I’m pretty positive is ps then another tank closer to the rear of the coach that I think may be the hyd fan.

Anyone have any info on these? It’s a 2000 Country Coach Intrigue with the 8.3l Cummins
The hydraulic pressure system on my 2000 11l ISM Cummins is a single system for PS & hyd fan operation with one massive reservoir tank. It takes 15w-40. The fans are operated on a thermostatic valve which controls fan speed/fluid flow. The thermostatic valves are a known failure point and when it fails the fans operate hi-speed which unnecessarily wastes power/fuel. There is a log to learn on these coaches if you are a DIYer. Hopefully you find a good forum to guide you, lots of folks already been there done that on most everything you will encounter.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
some of these have a wax valve,... there's a guy that makes a different size orifice to make the fan come on sooner to stop over heating on grades....and make the ac work better... theres a lot of info on the web,... do a search..... IRV2 has some good info...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

lot of info here...

Reactions: DLC

Dcb.blake

Reaction score

lot of info here...

Well I should of known better. So the hyd fan and everything as far as cooking is working properly as long as my gauge is correct..that’s another convo. So the tank that I thought was empty was just a reservoir to fill the engine oil. I’ve never seen one so that’s why it kinda threw me off, it also had a vented cap like a Hyd tank would.

Long story short I have a leak in my ac and it was not shutting the comp off for some reason and I think I may have toasted that. Previous owner relocated the condenser and possibly didn’t install a low pressure switch or didn’t hook it up properly. Not too sure I haven’t looked into it too much since I can just crack a window or turn the roof ac on.

Recently I’ve been getting a engine warning light. So now I’m in the market for some sort of scanner. I think I’m going to roll with the BlueFire system that reads live data through a tablet. I’m not sure what the warning is for it happens at random times. Kinda weird but mostly when I’m slowing down?? The engine hasn’t got about 190-200 degrees. Oil pressure no lower than about 30 psi at idle. Very curious to figure this one out due to circumstances of when it comes on.

Reactions: DLC

STV_Keith

Reaction score
My FIL had the Bluefire and has since switched to the Silverleaf VMSpc, which is what I have. I won't even start my engine without it being online.

https://silverleafelectronics.com//?page_id=2434

This runs on Windows through USB, so I bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and used 3 of the Scosche MagicMount Pro units to hold it in place. The old headunit for the Javelina monitoring system was a single DIN size, so I bought a cavity mount and made a face plate and glued them on. Install thread: https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?topic=42574

Attachments

• 2022 Layout.jpg
    2022 Layout.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DashArea.jpg
    DashArea.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 28

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
My FIL had the Bluefire and has since switched to the Silverleaf VMSpc, which is what I have. I won't even start my engine without it being online.

https://silverleafelectronics.com//?page_id=2434

This runs on Windows through USB, so I bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and used 3 of the Scosche MagicMount Pro units to hold it in place. The old headunit for the Javelina monitoring system was a single DIN size, so I bought a cavity mount and made a face plate and glued them on. Install thread: https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?topic=42574
That’s a really clean setup. I’m not biased to any platform windows vs Apple but everything I have is Apple is the silver leaf compatible with it? What made you go from BlueFire to silver leaf? The thing that appealed a lot to me was the price point of the BlueFire. What was the damage for the silver leaf?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
That’s a really clean setup. I’m not biased to any platform windows vs Apple but everything I have is Apple is the silver leaf compatible with it? What made you go from BlueFire to silver leaf? The thing that appealed a lot to me was the price point of the BlueFire. What was the damage for the silver leaf?

VMSpc will only run on PC "Windows" computers, so no Apple. It's not Android compatible either, like Bluefire is. My FIL had many communication issues with the Bluefire. He would have glitchy data, and sometimes no data at all. Since switching to the VMSpc, no more issues.

I paid $399 for the VMSpc stuff, and bought the computer separately, used off Craigslist.