WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hydrogen generator?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i came across this in a truck group and I thought it was like some home made battery setup but apparently it’s actually a hydrogen gas generator for improving mpg and legit works? The vacuum lines go to the intake and it burns the gas? I’m so confused.

I’ve never even heard of something like this…

C2E12C47-AC77-4D17-B463-F580355C4C09.jpeg

rush1

Reaction score
hh2o generator they've been around a long time results very by who you talk to. multiple videos on you tube .

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
A guy I worked with back in 2007ish installed something like this on a Chrysler he used to commute to work. Swore it worked, looked like a kid's science project.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
consider how much hydrogen will be produced, and how much energy will be used to create the hydrogen.

It doesn't work, it can't work, there's no such thing as free power unless you have a sailboat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The problem with generating enough hydrogen...aside from the Hindenburg issue...is the voltage needed for the scale and the constant use gets to be an issue...only 15-20 volts is needed to start the process, but voltage is proportionate to output. Stainless electrodes and some glass jars. Fun to play with.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Makes your fuel mileage worse. Takes more energy from the alternator to separate they hydrogen than it can return as usable power. It's probably close to a 75% loss of it's total energy. In other words for 1hp of hydrogen energy gained 3hp were as heat

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Makes your fuel mileage worse. Takes more energy from the alternator to separate they hydrogen than it can return as usable power. It's probably close to a 75% loss of it's total energy. In other words for 1hp of hydrogen energy gained 3hp were as heat
Been piddling around with the concept off and on since high school. Had some spectacular failures :oops:
Voltage can be attained with a low amp cost via an ignition coil...but control the rapid generation of byproduct never worked out well when couple with a depleted reaction chamber. I've decided I'm just smart enough to be dangerous, yet dumb enough to try stupid things.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well if it converts all the dirt into power with bottles full of holes its a win.

It's all about Fuel Magnets soaked in Acetone. This Hydrogen thing is quite 90's.

Last edited:

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Yeah, Mr Fusion’s work great for creating the nuclear reaction but the problem is that the Franastans tend to get depleted before they can generate the required 1.21 gigawatts needed to trigger the flux capacitor.
Jesus Christ Doc we're not time traveling just trying to get by on Bidens gas prices with some extra MPG's !! :)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I’ve got this great idea for an electrically powered alternator that runs itself 😊

Project Farm tested an HHO generator…YMMV

PaPaG

Reaction score

Taboma

Reaction score
I’ve got this great idea for an electrically powered alternator that runs itself 😊

Project Farm tested an HHO generator…YMMV

Thanks, cool demonstration.
I must say, I really enjoy this gentleman's YouTube presentations. 👍 Unlike the vast majority of the shaky video mumblers, I can rarely get past 30 seconds before my frustration and patience times out.

Jim

Reaction score
Theres a reason muskie didnt go with H2 powered cars instead of batts.
Expensive, unstable, dangerous, loud boom, much fire...... uninsureable....... ask the underwriters of the Hindenburg !!

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
Everyone I ever knew that installed on swears it works. You would too because you'd be too embarrased to realize it is one of the most
fundamental violations of the law of physics and it would make you sound stupid if you said: "It doesn't do shit".

pronstar

Reaction score
You need the range to ensure you can find places to fill it 😊

pronstar

Reaction score
Let’s put this record in perspective.

There have only been a half-dozen or so “hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicle” models ever produced by any automaker.

While 800 miles is impressive, there was no previous record to break.

I can set the world record for “the only Asian RDP member named Pronstar who can stand on one leg” but it’s a bit less impressive when you scratch below the surface.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

There have only been a half-dozen or so “hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicle” models ever produced by any automaker.

I can set the world record for “the only Asian RDP member named Pronstar who can stand on one leg” but it’s a bit less impressive when you scratch below the surface.
You only have one leg?

This is how things start on the rumor mill! 😂

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Spot on with the "record".

What isnt on its face here is that its 152 MPGE it attained while hypermiling (definition driving annoyingly and possibly illegally slow) in a mainly city loop with no Ac or heat isnt much better than standard model 3's 141 MPGE under normal city driving conditions.

One you can fill up at your house and chargers all over the place, the other at very few places

By the time you add the losses converting water hydrogen, shipping, and conversion losses to turn it back into electricity you are going backwards vs just using electricity stored in a battery.

Taboma

Reaction score
Spot on with the "record".

What isnt on its face here is that its 152 MPGE it attained while hypermiling (definition driving annoyingly and possibly illegally slow) in a mainly city loop with no Ac or heat isnt much better than standard model 3's 141 MPGE under normal city driving conditions.

One you can fill up at your house and chargers all over the place, the other at very few places

By the time you add the losses converting water hydrogen, shipping, and conversion losses to turn it back into electricity you are going backwards vs just using electricity stored in a battery.
Oh geeze, now you've done it. 😖 Opened up the generation, solar farm deforestation of the great desert, birds getting sliced and diced by ugly wind machines, and precious metals mining by 3rd world infants "Pandora's Box" o_O

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Oh geeze, now you've done it. 😖 Opened up the generation, solar farm deforestation of the great desert, birds getting sliced and diced by ugly wind machines, and precious metals mining by 3rd world infants "Pandora's Box" o_O

On the EV boards Im considered a horrible GENX'er because I dont give a crap about green.

If its green thats nice, but hardly a concern of mine. With all my cylinders I dont fit the profile.

I care much more about performance and flexibility and EV's deliver that in spades.

Taboma

Reaction score
On the EV boards Im considered a horrible GENX'er because I dont give a crap about green.

If its green thats nice, but hardly a concern of mine. With all my cylinders I dont fit the profile.

I care much more about performance and flexibility and EV's deliver that in spades.

Oh I agree with the performance, only reason I'd consider one. Edit: Or in our case, justify the purchase, but then I've used performance as a justification for pissing away dollars since I was 16. 😘
You were on a good roll, but logic aside, you threw the lid open with that last sentence. 🤣

"By the time you add the losses converting water hydrogen, shipping, and conversion losses to turn it back into electricity you are going backwards vs just using electricity stored in a battery."

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Oh I agree with the performance, only reason I'd consider one. Edit: Or in our case, justify the purchase, but then I've used performance as a justification for pissing away dollars since I was 16. 😘
You were on a good roll, but logic aside, you threw the lid open with that last sentence. 🤣

"By the time you add the losses converting water hydrogen, shipping, and conversion losses to turn it back into electricity you are going backwards vs just using electricity stored in a battery."

Oh yeah the math on hydrogen triggers lots of greenies when I talk about that elsewhere.
When green makes financial sense I love it, when green takes me backward someone else can have it.

I noticed two things about performance as a young man - I dug it, and fast shit makes chicks wet and giggle and speed got me laid.
Guys have always known hot cars and bikes and boats attracts chicks - a formula as old as time, or at least the engine.

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh yeah the math on hydrogen triggers lots of greenies when I talk about that elsewhere.
When green makes financial sense I love it, when green takes me backward someone else can have it.

I noticed two things about performance as a young man - I dug it, and fast shit makes chicks wet and giggle and speed got me laid.
Guys have always known hot cars and bikes and boats attracts chicks - a formula as old as time, or at least the engine.

Then you can't win, greenies on the left of you and the Anti-batt, gas-o-holics on the right, and there you are, stuck in the middle with you --- hmmm, I feel there could be a song there. 😁

Yup performance and hot chicks. I married one ONCE, but not for long.
It became obvious she was crazier than a loon, when after a run in my old Hondo flatty and barely surviving a rather "Act of God" miraculous roller recovery, 🥵 😇 she explained how fun it was and wanted to do it again. 🤯 There's a difference between being a courageously good sport and being so dumb you don't know what death looks like when he's tapping you on the shoulder. 💀 🥴

pronstar

Reaction score
So Toyota is taking a cue from BMW 20 years ago, and is pursuing hydrogen ICE.

This one has some very solid reasoning behind it:
The global auto industry and the entire supply chain is designed around ICE.
Akio Toyoda says “carbon is the enemy, not ICE”

There are literally millions of people relying on the current state of the industry for their livelihoods…particularly Japan.
So it’s a bridge between existing tech and a clean-burning fuel.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
So Toyota is taking a cue from BMW 20 years ago, and is pursuing hydrogen ICE.

This one has some very solid reasoning behind it:
The global auto industry and the entire supply chain is designed around ICE.
Akio Toyoda says “carbon is the enemy, not ICE”

There are literally millions of people relying on the current state of the industry for their livelihoods…particularly Japan.
So it’s a bridge between existing tech and a clean-burning fuel.

A hydrogen ecosystem has been "around the corner" all my life... Like the impending metric system, killer bees, and fire ants..

So far the Mirai is failure with most wanting out of their lease due to lack of fuel.

The global supply chain is designed around liquid fuel that can be poured from tank to tank. Not a high pressure liquified gas.

For them to insinuate otherwise is laughable. These are seriously different systems.

BP is already finding electric spouts are more profitable to open than more liquid pumps.

pronstar

Reaction score
Akio’
A hydrogen ecosystem has been "around the corner" all my life... Like the impending metric system, killer bees, and fire ants..

So far the Mirai is failure with most wanting out of their lease due to lack of fuel.

The global supply chain is designed around liquid fuel that can be poured from tank to tank. Not a high pressure liquified gas.

For them to insinuate otherwise is laughable. These are seriously different systems.

BP is already finding electric spouts are more profitable to open than more liquid pumps.

Akio’s stance is understandable because building ICE cars is entrenched in the Japanese economy and basically powers their whole economy.

He knows gasoline will be dead.

It’s a self-serving interest, just as BP pivoting toward non-oil energy is self-serving.

rush1

Reaction score
Oil is free ! you just have to pump it out of the ground , ship it and refine it . Hard to beat a free energy system, all of these countries have no reality to there no fossil fuel demands . its just a huge tax on western civilizations in the disguise of helping mother earth , Mother earth has replace traditional religions as the new order of the land to keep everyone in line.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Oil is free ! you just have to pump it out of the ground , ship it and refine it . Hard to beat a free energy system, all of these countries have no reality to there no fossil fuel demands . its just a huge tax on western civilizations in the disguise of helping mother earth , Mother earth has replace traditional religions as the new order of the land to keep everyone in line.

"Free"..... LOL.

The arabs aren't building ski resorts in the desert and row after row of skyscrapers on "free".

We've spent trillions on wars and military protection for "free" oil.

pronstar

Reaction score
The days of poking a stick in the ground and striking oil are long gone. Onshore and offshore drilling is expensive.

spectras only

Reaction score

Considering the substantial tank sizes of both trim levels, you’ll likely only need a minute to fill up. At the most, you’ll go from near empty to full in about five minutes.
The 2023 Toyota Mirai model comes in 2 trim levels. Canadian pricing ranges from $53,550 to $76,850 MSRP.

Cdog

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Hydrogen is making big inroads. It’s definitely the way forward. Hydrogen generators powering electric drivetrains.

Hydrogen power generators where the grid isn’t available to power charging stations.

Toyota is developing power trains for medium duty trucks and Cummins

Unfortunately, being on the wrench side of motors, this worries the hell out of me. Cummins powerplants as a whole are very robust, simple and dependable. Their kryptonite is the emissions technology they straddle them with. An upstream Pyro goes bad on an ISB or an ISX, and you're in limp mode. The sensor itself is near 600$, and even from Cummins, a total crapshoot on how long they will last.

The current technology is outdated. That said, after nearly 15 years, the bugs should be worked out. New tech will bring with it a whole new set of problems.

Cdog

Reaction score
Unfortunately, being on the wrench side of motors, this worries the hell out of me. Cummins powerplants as a whole are very robust, simple and dependable. Their kryptonite is the emissions technology they straddle them with. An upstream Pyro goes bad on an ISB or an ISX, and you're in limp mode. The sensor itself is near 600$, and even from Cummins, a total crapshoot on how long they will last.

The current technology is outdated. That said, after nearly 15 years, the bugs should be worked out. New tech will bring with it a whole new set of problems.
Definitely interesting times. Anyone in trucking would be wise to upgrade to the newest spec before the all of this rolls out between now and the epa 2027 rule.

It has a lot to do with why I joined Rush/New Peterbilt sales.