Reaction score
Wife wants a new car.

Her choices

Hyundai palisades
Kia telluride
Toyota 4 runner (The offroad pacakage)
Ford Explorer (Sport for my choice)
Dodge Durango (srt for my choice)

Her first choice is the palisades. Are they reliable?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Wife wants a new car.

Her choices

Hyundai palisades
Kia telluride

Her first choice is the palisades. Are they reliable?.

The Warranty is incredible.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The Hyundai and Kia are the same pretty much. It’s almost like buying a Yukon or a Tahoe.
Just buy the one you like better.

You’ve seen my 4Runner, unless you get a 2020, it basically the same car she has tech wise. They put in all new infotainment for 2020, so it is like a 2006 Tacoma with a new screen in it :)

Bulletproof and unbeatable resale though.

Durango is the worst built car on your list.

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
We looked at the Palisade and Telluride at the San Diego Auto Show. The Palisade is available with the digital dash and the Telluride is not. That alone would sway me.

We have had very good luck with Toyota's (Highlanders). Our friend is trying to sell an 18 Explorer with a Sport Package and it books out about the same as our 17 Highlander with 20k more miles.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Wife wants a new car.

Her choices

Hyundai palisades
Kia telluride

We have had our Palisade since November. We got the SEL with captains chair second row. Still have a car seat in rear facing and there is still a ton of room up front passenger chair and the third row reclines a bit and is surprisingly roomy.
most notably the back doors are huge which makes entry and exit so much easier.
we looked at all the vehicles you listed and more.
didnt care for the kia look so we chose the palisade. Also felt the interior was more classy and luxury.
Plenty of power compared to any other kia/ hyundai i have driven. I can break the tires loose and have towed the jetboat no prob. Quiet on the inside, shifts nice and crisp everytime, 10k miles so far no issues, warranty is pretty above most 5yr/60k and 10y/100k. Couldnt afford a tahoe at the time like we wanted plus new body style was coming out 👍🏽 Ours being a lease so resale is not a issue in my mind. Might even buy it out at the end if the wife stays happy and trouble free.
any other questions i can answer feel free 👍🏽

Last edited:

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
We casually looked at the Kia/Hyundai twins when SUV shopping last year. A friend of ours has one and it’s really nice. Couldn’t do it, we’re a Chevy family, and prefer the V8 and size of the Tahoe. Gave up some creature comforts but ended up in a Tahoe LS. No regrets. Of the list you provided, I would choose 4Runner, even if it is behind the times a bit.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Needed a car for our techs to use. Leased an Elantra GT.
No issues, most surprising thing was the salesman. Most knowledgeable salesman that I’ve ever run into. Knew each model, history of the company, etc.
One of our techs liked the car so much, he bought the same model. Other tech picked up their SUV for his son.
Seriously considered the Genesis for myself.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Kia looks better. Palisade cool too. Both are super nice compared to 4 runner. Reality is...toyota is far more reliable. When you buy it it will not let you down. When you sell it the next person willpay gladly. At a much higher resale value. Ironically...you will pay much mor for korean. I had a Genesis G80. Nice like aBMW. Should have bought a camry

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
We had an 17 explorer sport, punted it at 30k mi. thing was in the shop monthly. Last resort was front end clunky noise. Picked the wife up a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee, summit trim with a hemi. At 36k miles no issues so far...FYI

Husqy510

Reaction score
We recently picked up a CPO Hyundai Santa Fe with 3rd row as a third car and I couldn't be happier. I know it's not on your list, simply sharing my experience with Hyundai. All around nice car, with good power, great fuel economy and warranty

traquer

Reaction score
I had a Kia rental car, worst and cheapest built car I ever drove. I'd get the Toyota and enjoy the peace of mind and the resale value.

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten..

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I had a Kia rental car, worst and cheapest built car I ever drove. I'd get the Toyota and enjoy the peace of mind and the resale value.

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten..

coworker has an Elantra and it’s the biggest pile of shit I’ve ridden in. The doors feel like they’re skinned with aluminum foil. It had a ton of road noise and zero power.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
40,000 miles in 17 months with my Sonata. Haven't been a Toyota fan since 1990's when they really deserved the rep for quality. Today, only the drivetrain in the trucks is still better lasting than most.
And that Korean warranty give a lot of piece of mind that you won't have driving a Durango or Explorer for a long time.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ian, let me know if you want the ford.
I will gladly give my guy call for you.

riverroyal

Reaction score
We had an 17 explorer sport, punted it at 30k mi. thing was in the shop monthly. Last resort was front end clunky noise. Picked the wife up a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee, summit trim with a hemi. At 36k miles no issues so far...FYI
A lot has changed in the 2020

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My cousin bought a Subaru Telluride for his Fiance. They absolutely love it. They live in Big Bear so the awd was a must but my cousin has said many times that it is a great car to drive and they have had zero issues with it at all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Ford Explorer and Toyota 4Runner cannot compare to the Kia/Hyundai - not in the same league in terms of quality, performance, technology and value.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I've been rockin' Hyundai's since 2004. Not a baller mobile, but a great commuter. I run my cars into the ground. So far, no complaints.

wrighton

Reaction score
My current daily is a 2004 hyundai sante fe, Had since new. The only thing I have had to replace is battery, starter, brakes and tires. I wouldnt consider it more than just a daily in comaprison, Good Luck on you choice.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Does it have to be new? I was looking at the same SUVs last month and ended up with a CPO GX460.

If I was more into tech I would have done the Telluride, but I have the Tesla for that and wanted to do a little offroading. The Kia has a great warranty, so unless you’re expecting to keep it for 10+years, the powertrain is covered. My sister has a Kia well past that with few issues, and she’s pretty neglectful.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
That Kia Telluride sure looks nice. Oh, and everyone that owns a Subaru loves them. It's a cult I tell ya.

boatpi

Reaction score
Toyota has great quality but terrible gas mileage and 10 year old tech. Kia is a great suv.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Wife wants a new car.

Her choices

Hyundai palisades
Kia telluride

Hertz Filed and will be selling off their inventory. I know they sell Hyundai for sure. Just an idea.

gqchris

Reaction score
Hey Ian, you know I have the 17 Explorer Sport. I love it and I am in process of buying it at lease end. Comfy, all feaures, and tows great.

The only negatives was the AC Compressor went out at 40k miles. Swapped for $700 including labor.
She drinks gas in sport mode! 16 MPG is best. I drive it in that mode though to avoid the turbo lag I get sometimes in normal.
The gas tank is SMALL! 15 gallon. Thats irritating. But I did make it yesterday from the 95/40 fill up home to Huntington Beach on one tank that was a first!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The wife and i went from a Explorer sport trac to a four runner, and now a 17 explorer sport. The 08 sport trac was twice the vehicle the 14 4runner ever thought of being. Toyota may have been reliable but otherwise was total garbage. Horrific brakes that were just flat out scary due to Toyota wanting a "me too" on safety features but being too cheap to put in a real system that they already had in the lexus. This kind of stuff and tradeoffs were throughout the vehicle. Many of their safety features are more about how to look good in an ad and meet federal requirements than protecting the occupants. The new explorer has been flawless with the exception of a single rattle in the rear view mirror that is currently bothering me. Fun to drive, good features, great safety, decent fuel mileage if you are nice to it...… Oh by the way, the 08, 4wd V8 powered sport trac, got about 3 miles to the gallon better fuel economy than the V6 gutless pig of a 4 runner. But hey they are supposed to last forever...….. :rolleyes:
I would go with the Explorer sport, or the two Korean twins (same vehicle with minor trim differences I believe). The dodge is next and after my direct experience with the 4 runner, it would be dead last...….

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The wife and i went from a Explorer sport trac to a four runner, and now a 17 explorer sport. The 08 sport trac was twice the vehicle the 14 4runner ever thought of being. Toyota may have been reliable but otherwise was total garbage. Horrific brakes that were just flat out scary due to Toyota wanting a "me too" on safety features but being too cheap to put in a real system that they already had in the lexus. This kind of stuff and tradeoffs were throughout the vehicle. Many of their safety features are more about how to look good in an ad and meet federal requirements than protecting the occupants. The new explorer has been flawless with the exception of a single rattle in the rear view mirror that is currently bothering me. Fun to drive, good features, great safety, decent fuel mileage if you are nice to it...… Oh by the way, the 08, 4wd V8 powered sport trac, got about 3 miles to the gallon better fuel economy than the V6 gutless pig of a 4 runner. But hey they are supposed to last forever...….. :rolleyes:
I would go with the Explorer sport, or the two Korean twins (same vehicle with minor trim differences I believe). The dodge is next and after my direct experience with the 4 runner, it would be dead last...….

I don't really agree at all on the 4runner, The brakes are great, I've had 2 of them. Mileage sucks for what it is bun no SUV mileage is all that great, and it is a body on frame SUV. You know that going it.

And it will be worth 2 Explorers when you go to sell it with 200K miles :)

Last edited:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I don't really agree at all on the 4runner, The brakes are great, I've had 2 of them. Mileage sucks for what it is, and it is a body on frame SUV. You know that going it.

And it will be worth 2 Explorers when you go to sell it with 200K miles :)

I am just laying out my experience. Yea the brakes are great :rolleyes: if you like them to go into antilock chatter stop mode because you "moved your foot onto the pedal" too fast so the computer assumes you are in a panic situation and takes all control and modulation away from the driver and you chatter down the road in an uncontrolled emergency stop. To hell with everything behind you, that's their problem...... Doesn't matter what was happening in front of you. you moved your foot quickly so time to seize control and panic stop!!!!!!!! Toyota at its cheapest and finest. I did homework on this and apparently the system was working exactly as it was engineered. But, hey, it was cheap for toyota to install and allowed them to check a "me too" box on ads touting safety. Look at the safety ratings for the vehicles on the list above and it is by far the poorest (don't know much about the dodge so I am not counting that one). I know that's irrelevant because it is a Toyota after all. Just ask my wife who was in wreck in it and then tow years later an Explorer sport. Neither her fault, both head on collisions. The second one (Explorer) was a harder hit and yet she walked away but has artificial disks in her spine from the first. Lots of variable, I know, but when you look at the difference in the two vehicles after the crash it was clear which was serious about protecting the people and which was just trying to meet federal requirements the cheapest. When the frame is collapsing inside the drivers compartment on the full frame and the unibody that hit harder was still straight where it counts around the people.....

If they make you happy then more power to you. we all have the freedom to buy whatever we want. I am however confused as to how the body on frame in a lighter vehicle justified a 3 mpg loss when compared to another body on frame vehicle that is heavier, 7 years older, has a significantly larger motor, significantly more power, almost double the tow rating, larger tire footprint on the pavement, and the same wind profile. But hey its a Toyota so all of that is moot because it statically will have slightly have fewer repairs.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Just my take, on part of this discussion, the 4 Runner is on a Tacoma chassis the model that should be compared is the Highlander, which is a lot more refined.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I am just laying out my experience. Yea the brakes are great :rolleyes: if you like them to go into antilock chatter stop mode because you "moved your foot onto the pedal" too fast so the computer assumes you are in a panic situation and takes all control and modulation away from the driver and you chatter down the road in an uncontrolled emergency stop. To hell with everything behind you, that's their problem...... Doesn't matter what was happening in front of you. you moved your foot quickly so time to seize control and panic stop!!!!!!!! Toyota at its cheapest and finest. I did homework on this and apparently the system was working exactly as it was engineered. But, hey, it was cheap for toyota to install and allowed them to check a "me too" box on ads touting safety. Look at the safety ratings for the vehicles on the list above and it is by far the poorest (don't know much about the dodge so I am not counting that one). I know that's irrelevant because it is a Toyota after all. Just ask my wife who was in wreck in it and then tow years later an Explorer sport. Neither her fault, both head on collisions. The second one (Explorer) was a harder hit and yet she walked away but has artificial disks in her spine from the first. Lots of variable, I know, but when you look at the difference in the two vehicles after the crash it was clear which was serious about protecting the people and which was just trying to meet federal requirements the cheapest. When the frame is collapsing inside the drivers compartment on the full frame and the unibody that hit harder was still straight where it counts around the people.....

If they make you happy then more power to you. we all have the freedom to buy whatever we want. I am however confused as to how the body on frame in a lighter vehicle justified a 3 mpg loss when compared to another body on frame vehicle that is heavier, 7 years older, has a significantly larger motor, significantly more power, almost double the tow rating, larger tire footprint on the pavement, and the same wind profile. But hey its a Toyota so all of that is moot because it statically will have slightly have fewer repairs.

And I laid out my experiences, I have owned 2 of them. The brakes in both of my 4Runners never did or do any of that. Like you said, if you don't like them don't buy one.

Again, the 4runner costs less and will be worth 2X the Explorer in 100K miles. Yes the fuel mileage is not great considering it has an NA v6 but if you are buying an SUV then whining about poor gas mileage from said SUV you should have bought a car.

I don't know what you are talking about with the tow ratings. The 4Runner is rated for 5000, the Explorer at best is rated for 5,000 (5600 in 2020), and at lowest 2000.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I had a 4 runner, brakes failed numerous times. Nearly kill us once. I went to arbitration with Toyota and they said tough shit. Traded the thing in the next day on a ford.
I had owned 5 toyotas prior, never again, ever

PlanB

Reaction score
Wife is on her second Highlander. She gets a new vehicle every four years due to the amount of miles she drives. We are leaning towards the Palisade, but her Toyota's have been absolutely flawless with great resale.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hyundai Palisade vs. Kia Telluride: A Features Comparison
We look at the three-row siblings' standard and available features

Jul 13, 2019
It's well known that the 2020 Kia Telluride and 2020 Hyundai Palisade are closely related. Sharing underpinnings and powertrain, the two Korean family haulers give their respective brands an entry into the highly competitive three-row crossover segment. But apart from looks, what differentiates these SUV siblings? For starters, their trim level and package strategies. The Palisade offers three trims (SE, SEL, and Limited), while the Telluride comes in four trim levels (LX, S, EX, and SX)—and feature content can differ widely between the two models. Read on to find out how.

Self-Leveling Suspension Availability
When you opt for the range-topping Limited trim on the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, you immediately get the self-leveling suspension as standard. On the 2020 Kia Telluride, getting that feature requires you to opt for the Tow package, which also includes a tow hitch. As with the Palisade, the self-leveling suspension is only available on select trims of the Telluride (EX and SX only).

More Tech And Convenience
Hyundai gave the 2020 Palisade a little more convenience in the form of power folding third row seats, something the 2020 Kia Telluride doesn't offer on any trim. Another feature that the Hyundai gets is a 12.3-inch full digital cluster that's shared with the Korean-market Genesis G70 and the Kia K900. The 2020 Kia Telluride makes do with a 7.0-inch digital cluster, which is also available on the SEL trim of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade as part of a package.
2020-Kia-Telluride-45.jpg

Sonic One-Upmanship
A 630-watt Harman Kardon audio system is offered on the highest trims of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade and 2020 Kia Telluride. Both feature the same Quantum Logic surround sound functionality and Clari-Fi music restoration tech, but the Hyundai has two extra speakers, raising the total count to 12. Maybe your ears will be able to tell?

You'll Pay Roughly The Same To Get Either Fully Loaded
When you look at the trims for the 2020 Hyundai Palisade and 2020 Kia Telluride, you'll notice that at the top end the latter is cheaper. Why's that, you ask? Because it comes will less standard features than the Palisade, which essentially gives you everything on the range-topping Limited grade. The Kia, on the other hand, requires you to get the SX Prestige package to equip it like its Hyundai cousin. That gets you Nappa leather upholstery, an upgraded headliner material, heated and ventilated second-row captain's chairs, and a head-up display. Once that package is added, along with the aforementioned Tow package to get self-leveling suspension, the price works out to roughly the same as the loaded Palisade.

Roof With A View
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade and 2020 Kia Telluride both offer dual-pane sunroofs on their most expensive models. On lower trims, the Palisade offers a conventional sunroof as an option for the SEL trim while the Telluride makes it standard starting with the S grade.

2020-Hyundai-Palisade-92.jpg

Quiet Mode For All
Hyundai and Kia introduced something called Rear Seat Quiet mode on their three-row family haulers, which limits the media being played to only the front row. In the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, that comes standard across the board. However, on the 2020 Kia Telluride, you'll need to opt for one of the two trims that get the 10.25-inch touchscreen and navigation standard, the EX and SX, to get Rear Seat Quiet mode.

2020-Kia-Telluride-SX-V6-AWD-steering-wheel-2.jpg

Standard Safety
Both the 2020 Hyundai Palisade and 2020 Kia Telluride get long lists of active driver assistance tech as standard. Coveted features like collision prevention and adaptive cruise control are included on all models. The Palisade takes things up a notch by also making automatic high beams standard across the board, a feature that's only standard on the most expensive Telluride. But the Hyundai doesn't always have the upper hand when it comes to standard safety. Highway driving assist, which is standard on the Telluride EX and SX, is part of an option package on the Palisade SEL. Blind spot monitoring is also standard across the board on the Telluride, while only SEL and Limited grades of the Palisade get the feature standard.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I had a 4 runner, brakes failed numerous times. Nearly kill us once. I went to arbitration with Toyota and they said tough shit. Traded the thing in the next day on a ford.
I had owned 5 toyotas prior, never again, ever
Details? I’ve been in the brake business for 20 years and owned at least 6 4runners...they have IMO one of the best brake systems that exist.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have had several clients tell me they wanted the telluride but ended up with the palisade because the telluride is so so they are almost impossible to find or get a deal on.

It does look a ton better. but i doubt there are many if any used ones out there.

4 runner will have best resale

riverroyal

Reaction score
Details? I’ve been in the brake business for 20 years and owned at least 6 4runners...they have IMO one of the best brake systems that exist.
this was 2007. Brand new SUV. Warped rotors at 3000 miles. They replaced them. Another 3000 miles warped again. Replaced again, 6 moths later again. Going down hill the steering shake on the brakes was horrible.
I asking the dealer to replace the SUV, not give my money back just swap it out. It was a lease. They called a mediator and toyota for a in-dealer meeting
At the meeting the toyota rep and mediator knew each other, I should have walked then. The offered to replace the rotors again and make 1 months payment. I laughed and waled out.
Then next day I traded it in an a ford.
My wifes SUV, never towed with it, never driven hard. Never again with them. I

DLC

Reaction score
F-250 or a chubby 2500 if she is going for grocery‘s And the plus is then you could also tow a jet ski trailer.....

don’t forget to pay cash!
lol

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Ok, that’s not a brake failure as you’d posted previously.

riverroyal

Reaction score
How is that not a brake failure? Cause i didnt drive off a cliff?
The 4 runner was a piece of shit
I owned a bunch before. This one sucked. They way toyota handled has led to the fact ive never owned another

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Pick the one you like the best if you're going to be in it a while. I wouldn't shy away from the Hyundai/Kia's any more either. They were shit until around 2010, but we've owned a 2013 2.0 turbo Sonata and I currently drive a 2015 SX-T turbo Optima. Great cars with a killer warranty. Had a few small issues (backup camera and unroof leak in the Sonata - all covered under warranty; seat heaters and auto-down window module in the Optima - all covered under warranty), but nothing major at all. I really enjoyed both of them.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
And I laid out my experiences, I have owned 2 of them. The brakes in both of my 4Runners never did or do any of that. Like you said, if you don't like them don't buy one.

Again, the 4runner costs less and will be worth 2X the Explorer in 100K miles. Yes the fuel mileage is not great considering it has an NA v6 but if you are buying an SUV then whining about poor gas mileage from said SUV you should have bought a car.

I don't know what you are talking about with the tow ratings. The 4Runner is rated for 5000, the Explorer at best is rated for 5,000 (5600 in 2020), and at lowest 2000.
Easy, the details of what I wrote.....
I was comparing the 08 sport trac witht the 2014 4runner. The sport track had a rating of 8600 vs 5000. Every detail I wrote is spot on between the two. BTW, price check the two again, there is a difference but no where near double..... I am being specific, detailed, and accurate in my experience. If you want to discuss this, please do the same. Random stuff like complaints about mpg on suv's in general are moot. I was making very specific statements about two supposedly comparable vehicles. In my experience, the older sport trac comp0letely owned the newer Toyota. the two places it did not were 1) repairs, they were both "0". The Toyota in about 20k miles and the ford in 140k. 2) the Toyota was much more capable off road. The ways the older Ford ate the Toyota's lunch in better than a dozen other ways, I mentioned a few in the above post.

I drive more Fords than other brands but am not particularly brand loyal. The brand fanatics are always entertaining......

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Easy, the details of what I wrote.....
I was comparing the 08 sport trac witht the 2014 4runner. The sport track had a rating of 8600 vs 5000. Every detail I wrote is spot on between the two. BTW, price check the two again, there is a difference but no where near double..... I am being specific, detailed, and accurate in my experience. If you want to discuss this, please do the same. Random stuff like complaints about mpg on suv's in general are moot. I was making very specific statements about two supposedly comparable vehicles. In my experience, the older sport trac comp0letely owned the newer Toyota. the two places it did not were 1) repairs, they were both "0". The Toyota in about 20k miles and the ford in 140k. 2) the Toyota was much more capable off road. The ways the older Ford ate the Toyota's lunch in better than a dozen other ways, I mentioned a few in the above post.

I drive more Fords than other brands but am not particularly brand loyal. The brand fanatics are always entertaining......

You’ve talked about anecdotal results of 2 different accidents, inaccurate tow ratings, and your opinions on the cars. A V8 sport trac had a tow rating of 7000 lbs. a 2008 V8 4Runner had a tow rating of 7000 lbs. those 2 numbers seem the same to me. Current V6 models of both SUVs have tow ratings of about 5000 lbs.. again similar numbers.

We are talking about new cars here.. not 08 4runners, and Explorers. Go price a used 08 Sport Trac and a used 08 4Runner. One is a $10k+ vehicle, and one is a $5k vehicle. I thought that era of Explorer was a total turd personally, with the Sport Trac Adrenaline as a sort of bright spot.

I own F150 and a 4Runner.. so yea I guess I am some kind of brand loyalist.

The 4Runner is not some magical vehicle, but it does hold its value, is great off road and is pretty reliable. No one is asking you to buy one if you don’t like them.

As for the brakes, yea when they wear out you get a little steering feedback. I fixed my worn brakes and it magically went away again. Changing pad compounds completely alleviated the problem.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Can’t beat toyota resale and reliability Imo. We bought a new Highlander 4x4 . Rides really nice

4E4A65F9-AAF9-4761-9081-2C38D6B20A49.jpeg

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Just bought my wife the palisade limited. Sooo many features for the money. I liked it better than the Kia Tel. the only issue I had was nobody was making deals, everyone was Msep, and manny people were paying over msrp on the limited edition. Puente hills gave me the best deal at $500 over invoice and then I quailifed for A $500 rebate, so basically invoice. I had some fleet guys offing me over MSrp which is unreal. But the car is awesome

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
If you haven't gotten a whiff of what's brewing down at Hyundai headquarters, there's a something a bit, erm... unpleasant about the way the new Hyundai Palisade smells inside after a few thousand miles. For months, a number of owners of the South Korean marque’s flagship SUV have been playing a prolonged game of “who farted?” in an attempt to identify an awful, unidentified odor in the cabin, described as a pungent mix of old produce and used socks that gets worse in hot weather.