WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hyundai Santa Fe

Husqy510

Reaction score
Anyone own one? Looking at a certified pre-owned 2017 as an extra car for the family. Something to go to the river with, and other trips with the whole family. We have an old suburban at the river so towing is not a concern. I was initially looking at used Ford explorers but the bang for buck on the hyundai is incredible, as well as the warranty.

boatpi

Reaction score
Good suv, don’t pass up
Looking at Kia Sportage too unless
You need a 6 banger. I just picked up a 2017 Sportage loaded for $18,900 certified EX.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
We have an older one , wife loves it for shopping. Easy to park and good storage space.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I leased a 2015 Santa Fe for 3 years with 2nd Row captain chairs while both my kids were in car seats. Gas mileage was just ok back then. Never a mechanical issue in 50k and was easy to drive. It had the full sun roof front to back that was cool. The third row folded down nice and flush. I turned it in at the end of the lease and bought a brand new 2018 Elantra for $15k out the door I drive the piss out of. Cost me about $50 r/t to drive to Havasu.

TCHB

Reaction score
My wife has a new Sante Fe and loves it. It only has a couple thousand miles on it so far. I love the 6 year bumper to bumper warranty. Yes the golf clubs fit nicely in the back.

Reactions: DWC

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Almost got a santa fe then ended up waiting to see the Palisade and we ended up leasing a palisade and its been awesome so far. Friend has a two year old Santa fe and no issues as well.

Tbrownski

Reaction score
Wife had one and loved it. Drove it 200k without issues

Husqy510

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like it's a good car. I'm currently going between the Santa Fe or Explorer, but you definitely get more features with the Hyundai

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like it's a good car. I'm currently going between the Santa Fe or Explorer, but you definitely get more features with the Hyundai
You will regret the explorer once they get some good miles on then. 3 friends have had nothing but issues with them from what they tell me.

Reactions: TPC

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a new Exploder for another year or so, let Ford work the kinks out of the new design.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
If you're thinking of an Explorer.....check out a Pilot.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The Palisade and Kia Telluride sure look like nice rides.

Almost got a santa fe then ended up waiting to see the Palisade and we ended up leasing a palisade and its been awesome so far. Friend has a two year old Santa fe and no issues as well.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
The Palisade and Kia Telluride sure look like nice rides.
Agreed both are pretty sharp. The wife drove every three row suv with second row captain chairs available, probably test drove all about 3 times.
The hyundai was the winner and man i tell you what the interior fit, finish, and sleekness is by far nicer then what i would have expected. Way more features and style included with lower price points than others we looked at. Same with the Kia telluride.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We are going to start looking for a 3 row SUV in the next 6-9 months and both of them are on our look at list.

Agreed both are pretty sharp. The wife drove every three row suv with second row captain chairs available, probably test drove all about 3 times.
The hyundai was the winner and man i tell you what the interior fit, finish, and sleekness is by far nicer then what i would have expected. Way more features and style included with lower price points than others we looked at. Same with the Kia telluride.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
We are going to start looking for a 3 row SUV in the next 6-9 months and both of them are on our look at list.
Good call enjoy the shopping journey. Happy with ours so far.
Tahoe/Yukon was top of our list but cost was out of our league, plus knowing the new body updates were coming out soon.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
We too will probably look at the Santa Fe in about 6 months, anyone on here have a connection.

TCHB

Reaction score
We ended up getting ours at Tustin Hyundai. The out the door prices was the lowest and yes the tax rate was lower than AZ. I negotiated the out the door price at the dealer with tax included. Hyundai sent my wife a free towing card for 10 years. That is crazy. The new model is a little bigger than the previous model.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
As I'm reading this, I am out shopping for a new battery for my '18 Hyundai Sonata. Love everything about the car, but a battery is $200 at Pep Boys, WalMart and Vato Zone so far. And no one can explain why. They don't look like anything speshul.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
With the new Honda SUV trans problems, the engine oil dilution with gas, new Toyota RAV Hybrid unresolved issues ya can't get hurt buying Hyundai or Kia.

TCHB

Reaction score
Here is the color of new Hyundai my wife is now driving.
8BEF3924-E75D-487B-9158-BAE5B0EEEFFB.jpeg

Husqy510

Reaction score
Picked up this certified pre-owned on Sunday and so far we're loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_134939230.jpg
    IMG_20191222_134939230.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 61

Cobalt232

Reaction score
As I'm reading this, I am out shopping for a new battery for my '18 Hyundai Sonata. Love everything about the car, but a battery is $200 at Pep Boys, WalMart and Vato Zone so far. And no one can explain why. They don't look like anything speshul.
I had to get a new battery in my Audi recently. Luckily, it was covered under warranty (4 years), otherwise it would have been $450.00 as not only does it need to be installed in the trunk, it has to be programmed to the car....

By the way, the new Hyundais and Kias are great looking.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Anyone own one? Looking at a certified pre-owned 2017 as an extra car for the family. Something to go to the river with, and other trips with the whole family. We have an old suburban at the river so towing is not a concern. I was initially looking at used Ford explorers but the bang for buck on the hyundai is incredible, as well as the warranty.

My sister bought a Santa Fe 2.0 Turbo. It's a great vehicle for the price.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I’m looking at ‘18 Toyota Highlanders LE plus 4x4 at around $29k used with 30kish miles . Tows 5k with the V6. I sold my truck so I need something to play in the snow and to tow the boat.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Best SUV you can buy for the money is the Telluride.

Go buy one before they realize what they have and raise the price

BajaMike

Reaction score
I had to get a new battery in my Audi recently. Luckily, it was covered under warranty (4 years), otherwise it would have been $450.00 as not only does it need to be installed in the trunk, it has to be programmed to the car....

By the way, the new Hyundais and Kias are great looking.

I know the deal, a battery for my E350 Mercedes (which is under the trunk) was almost $500. I couldn’t find the battery without looking in the manual.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy any small consumer car with a turbo. It’s a small engine with a turbo that your wife will never understand you can’t just race around and turn it on and off like golf cart. Turbo is another $3000 to fix when she breaks it.

Turbos are great for diesel trucks, hot boats and high flying airplanes, but not for consumer cars. The warranty will always run out before the turbo does, and then it’s big bucks.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Good little cars, traded ours last year for new Mazda 9 , nicer yet & lots of bells and whistles ... I see a large cross section of vehicles in my other business so I see "frequency of repair" Kias and Hyundai both have decent "good will policies" but have their share of issues , Kia 4 bangers have significant problem, beware in the used market

PlumLoco

Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy any small consumer car with a turbo. It’s a small engine with a turbo that your wife will never understand you can’t just race around and turn it on and off like golf cart. Turbo is another $3000 to fix when she breaks it.

Turbos are great for diesel trucks, hot boats and high flying airplanes, but not for consumer cars. The warranty will always run out before the turbo does, and then it’s big bucks.

I got the Hyundai after giving my 180,000 mile turbo PT Cruiser to my son. Never even did the timing belt.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I got the Hyundai after giving my 180,000 mile turbo PT Cruiser to my son. Never even did the timing belt.

Funny you said that....I bought my girlfriend a used PT Cruiser Turbo with about 60k miles from a flakey dealer, looked and drove nice, a month later, I noticed if you go up a hill, and put the gas down it died. She only lives in the U.S. 6 months a year and drives about 3000 miles a year, and she never noticed it....she never floors it.

Took it to my trusted mechanic and he said the turbo was out. At least $2500 to fix (we only paid $3600 for the car). So we took it to a Honda dealer on the last day of the month on a Sunday night (when the repair shop wasnt’ open) and traded it for a new Honda lease, they gave us $1500 for the PT Cruiser.

Glad you had good luck with yours but I would sell it soon....before the turbo failed.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
Congrats on your trade in score. I think KBB is about $500 on mine.