WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If you are shooting mid 80s consistently you are better than most. Only like ten percent of honest amateurs can break 80.

What percentage of golfers shoot under 100?

According to the National Golf Foundation, the average golf score remains where it has been for decades: 100. This, in spite of all the innovations in club and ball design and instruction. The USGA says that the average golf handicap for men is 16.1, and is 29.2 for women.

The National Golf Foundation breaks down scores this way:

Average ScorePercent of Adult Golfers
Under 805%
80-8921%
90-9929%
100-10924%
110-11910%
120+11%
So, according to the NGF, 55% of golfers surveyed report breaking 100.

There are flaws in all these numbers, however. The first is that they assume golfers are playing by the rules. I have yet to see the round where a golfer took stroke-and-distance on a lost or out-of-bounds ball. Gimmies on the green are legion. Whiffs are declared “practice swings.” Mulligans on the first tee are expected as a matter of courtesy. Given this, I am certain that the average score is well above 100, and that handicaps are much higher than reported.

The handicap reporting also has issues because only better and/or more dedicated players tend to bother to pay for, and record their handicaps. Bad players don’t keep handicaps, so the “handicap” for the general population is much higher than reported.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Finally after all these years I'm taking lessons. I've been playing for 25 years and besides some half ass attention when I was on the golf team in highschool I've never had lessons. I've toped out on my own averaging around 12 index at my home course. So basically a mid 80s player. I can't break into the 70s.

I signed up a golf TEC. It's not cheap but there system is pretty sweet. It's all simulator work with computer and pro analysis. I can also practice on my own 90 mins a week for the next 4 months during my lessons.

My swing is decent but when he broke it down in slow motion there are some eye opening things.
I singed up for Golftec at the end of last year. It's helpful for sure and I've change some fundamentals due to those lesson which help but my score is like a damn yo-yo as of late. I shoot low 80's then I have a round at 100. Frustrating to say the least. Just a heads up the lessons expire so make sure you use them all before hand.

My problem is I don't have the time to hit the range consistently between lessons so reinforcing the lessons is my downfall. Hoping next month my schedule will free up and allow me to get back on the train.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I singed up for Golftec at the end of last year. It's helpful for sure and I've change some fundamentals due to those lesson which help but my score is like a damn yo-yo as of late. I shoot low 80's then I have a round at 100. Frustrating to say the least. Just a heads up the lessons expire so make sure you use them all before hand.

My problem is I don't have the time to hit the range consistently between lessons so reinforcing the lessons is my downfall. Hoping next month my schedule will free up and allow me to get back on the train.
Thanks.

Make perfect sense. I am for sure limited on time, but the center is pretty close to my work so I can carve out 30 minutes or a lesson in 30 minutes for a practice session there at least a couple times a week I think. That's why I went with the lessons and practice package they had. You got to practice what they teach you for sure. It's nice that even in the practice sessions you can record your swing play it back.

It makes it pretty nice when you can manage your appointments through the app.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
If you are shooting mid 80s consistently you are better than most. Only like ten percent of honest amateurs can break 80.

According to the National Golf Foundation, the average golf score remains where it has been for decades: 100. This, in spite of all the innovations in club and ball design and instruction. The USGA says that the average golf handicap for men is 16.1, and is 29.2 for women.

Under 805%
80-8921%
90-9929%
100-10924%
110-11910%
120+11%

There are flaws in all these numbers, however. The first is that they assume golfers are playing by the rules. I have yet to see the round where a golfer took stroke-and-distance on a lost or out-of-bounds ball. Gimmies on the green are legion. Whiffs are declared “practice swings.” Mulligans on the first tee are expected as a matter of courtesy. Given this, I am certain that the average score is well above 100, and that handicaps are much higher than reported.

The handicap reporting also has issues because only better and/or more dedicated players tend to bother to pay for, and record their handicaps. Bad players don’t keep handicaps, so the “handicap” for the general population is much higher than reported.
Exactly.

About the only rule bending I'll do is a breakfast ball if there's no range. And I have adopted the new amateur rules for dropping the fairway if you went OB if pace place is an issue.

People can play however they want it's a game, but it is a frustrating thing if you're playing with people that don't play by the rules and then they think they shot as good or close your score like they beat you lol.

Handicaps are 100% flawed but in all honesty if everyone played by the PGA rules we'd have 8 hour rounds on the weekend lol.

Golf is hard lol

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Thanks.

Make perfect sense. I am for sure limited on time, but the center is pretty close to my work so I can carve out 30 minutes or a lesson in 30 minutes for a practice session there at least a couple times a week I think. That's why I went with the lessons and practice package they had. You got to practice what they teach you for sure. It's nice that even in the practice sessions you can record your swing play it back.

It makes it pretty nice when you can manage your appointments through the app.
My first few lessons I did 1 hour lessons which seemed to be translate better at the range or on the course. Due to my time constraints, almost all lessons after that have been 30 minute sessions which make me have to go back and watch the analysis videos but with the app its super easy. Definitely the best part of the Golftec program.

I didn't do the practice session pass which I probably should have but again... time. I'm currently looking into getting a simulator setup in my garage which will make it way easier.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
My first few lessons I did 1 hour lessons which seemed to be translate better at the range or on the course. Due to my time constraints, almost all lessons after that have been 30 minute sessions which make me have to go back and watch the analysis videos but with the app its super easy. Definitely the best part of the Golftec program.

I didn't do the practice session pass which I probably should have but again... time. I'm currently looking into getting a simulator setup in my garage which will make it way easier.
Good call. I've done one 30 min session so far, I think next time I'll do the hour.

It for sure makes me want a simulator setup. I had the perfect room for one and then I had kids lol.

Garage would take some serious rearranging.

JD D05

Reaction score
Anyone playing a round in Havasu with an open spot in the next 2 days?

Albert

Reaction score
I doing a putting green in the backyard as I read this thread. I shoot almost every single time 90-94 and have a USGA to keep track of it. I have only shot in the 80s three times and frustrating because I know I should be hitting in the 85-88 range being that I have 4-5 (3) putts every game
😡

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I doing a putting green in the backyard as I read this thread. I shoot almost every single time 90-94 and have a USGA to keep track of it. I have only shot in the 80s three times and frustrating because I know I should be hitting in the 85-88 range being that I have 4-5 (3) putts every game
😡
Have you tried a new prop putter? In all seriousness, I bought a $250 Cleveland putter at the course one day because all my buddies gave me hell for a box set putter I was using that sounded like an empty soda can when hitting the ball. For about a year and half I used that putter and it never once did me favors. Went to Roger Dunn and spent about an hour trying every different kinds of putter I could. I sat there and putted balls around at least 30 different people, hitting a few of them, and ended up getting an Odyssey two ball putter and immediately my putting improved on the course. There are a ton of factors that come into play with putting and your stroke with certain putters helping/hurting in that regard. Best bet is to get fitted but you can learn a lot by trying different putters.

Albert

Reaction score
Have you tried a new prop putter? In all seriousness, I bought a $250 Cleveland putter at the course one day because all my buddies gave me hell for a box set putter I was using that sounded like an empty soda can when hitting the ball. For about a year and half I used that putter and it never once did me favors. Went to Roger Dunn and spent about an hour trying every different kinds of putter I could. I sat there and putted balls around at least 30 different people, hitting a few of them, and ended up getting an Odyssey two ball putter and immediately my putting improved on the course. There are a ton of factors that come into play with putting and your stroke with certain putters helping/hurting in that regard. Best bet is to get fitted but you can learn a lot by trying different putters.
My putter is pretty new a scotty newport2 I only have a few rounds on it but not even sure if the weights are correct for me 🤷🏽‍♂️ it has 20 g weights on it now that it came with

77charger

Reaction score
Been slacking on my game haven’t been in a while maybe twice this year. When I get back to Phx next week I will go. I come to ca twice a month for work may just bring clubs I stay at my moms and she’s 5 min from arroyo trabuco and some good afternoon deals at tijeras too.

BingerFang

Reaction score
My putter is pretty new a scotty newport2 I only have a few rounds on it but not even sure if the weights are correct for me 🤷🏽‍♂️ it has 20 g weights on it now that it came with

How hard are these courses? If you’re having that many 3 putts every round you need to work on either your lag putting or your 2-3 footers.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I am not worlds best putter but I know I struggle with the thin blade style putter. I like the mine to have the longer back with a line, then I mark all my balls with a line. I line my ball up on the path I want using the line and then I use the line on my putter to follow the line on the ball. Then its just a matter of power and if I lined the ball up correct.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I finished up my 3rd 30 Min lesson today. For sure seeing a difference. Eye opening stuff, just little tweaks, nothing crazy. I'm not rebuilding rome or anything. Just things i didn't know i was doing wrong. Lots of hips sway and shoulder issues. Some impact position stuff. I been meaning to any way but started doing some golf based flexibility drills every nights.

We have not even got to the driver but after the 1st lesson I was able to get rid of my snap hook issue off the tee.

TCHB

Reaction score
One of the things I want to pass on to my grand granddaughter is golf. At 9 years old she is getting the swing down and great ball contact. The coaches have been great at Revere Country Club.
5E91616C-95FF-474D-A63D-A310613FF600.jpeg

wzuber

Reaction score
Any marshall canyon fans out there?
They just sanded the greens recently and they're ruff. The ruff is tall too so come stocked w/ Ammo. The drink cart girl is pretty hot and friendly so bring your A game there too.
Anybody familiar with Kern river golf course out there in rdp world? We're playing it nxt thurs. B4 the circle boat race at Lake Ming fri/sat/sun..
Any insights on that course?

satellitemike

Reaction score
  • Haha
Reactions: DWC

Albert

Reaction score
Any marshall canyon fans out there?
They just sanded the greens recently and they're ruff. The ruff is tall too so come stocked w/ Ammo. The drink cart girl is pretty hot and friendly so bring your A game there too.
Anybody familiar with Kern river golf course out there in rdp world? We're playing it nxt thurs. B4 the circle boat race at Lake Ming fri/sat/sun..
Any insights on that course?
Tough greens for sure! But beautiful course w tons of deers

TCHB

Reaction score

Under 805%
80-8921%
90-9929%
100-10924%
110-11910%
120+11%

Play with the ladies. Rules rule!

Javajoe

Reaction score
Played Painted Desert in Red Rock and Wolf in Mesquite. Buddy flew in from Montana.
PR was just ok. Overpriced for sure but was able to walk on at 10am with no reservations and we landed in like every bunker. It was almost comical. Hard pack bunkers. Shot Mid 90’s 🤦‍♂️
Wolf is getting worse every year. Lakes were torn up from resent monsoons. All brown and even sand bars in the lakes. Grass conditions were so so. Place used to be real nice. Maybe different management now. Done with that place. We will play Conestoga next in Mesquite later this year. Weather and wind were perfect. When wolf is howling it really sucks. Greens are so undulating it makes putting terrible. We got paired up with a scratch golfer and he just about 4 putted every green. Holes cut into slopes 😉. We stopped keeping score after 9 once he missed keeping score on a couple holes. Thank god 😂
Had a great time regardless
5078CEDA-8685-4145-88EE-EF20C590C499.png
772248FC-43FB-4E62-A7AA-06567D11E7D6.png
AFB37A9B-1433-4386-B43C-A0DEDB5553EA.png
6182D9CF-2BF9-40EE-8B68-1CFEE33381A1.png
66961ED9-9774-47F6-904F-546ADF047A34.png

BingerFang

Reaction score
Played Painted Desert in Red Rock and Wolf in Mesquite. Buddy flew in from Montana.
PR was just ok. Overpriced for sure but was able to walk on at 10am with no reservations and we landed in like every bunker. It was almost comical. Hard pack bunkers. Shot Mid 90’s 🤦‍♂️
Wolf is getting worse every year. Lakes were torn up from resent monsoons. All brown and even sand bars in the lakes. Grass conditions were so so. Place used to be real nice. Maybe different management now. Done with that place. We will play Conestoga next in Mesquite later this year. Weather and wind were perfect. When wolf is howling it really sucks. Greens are so undulating it makes putting terrible. We got paired up with a scratch golfer and he just about 4 putted every green. Holes cut into slopes 😉. We stopped keeping score after 9 once he missed keeping score on a couple holes. Thank god 😂
Had a great time regardless
View attachment 1234284 View attachment 1234285 View attachment 1234286 View attachment 1234288 View attachment 1234290
Beautiful!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Played sierra lakes this morning. 1st time playing there. Pretty fun course and was really good shape. Especially the greens. Played killer on the front but did have an OB. Back side I had 3 bad holes in a row with some duffed approach shots.

The lessons are definitely paying off, I'm not scoring that much better yet but overall consistency is going way up so I know my scoring will start to show soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-113613.png
    Screenshot_20230527-113613.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 33

DWC

Reaction score
Played Iron Wolf this morning. Tee boxes and fairways are in really good shape. Greens aren’t 100% back but there’re getting much better. The chipping/pitching areas need the most work.

Little windy and a slow fairway. #1 playing a little long to start the morning.

IMG_7731.jpeg
IMG_7732.jpeg
IMG_7733.jpeg
IMG_7734.jpeg
IMG_7735.jpeg
IMG_7736.jpeg
IMG_7737.jpeg
IMG_7738.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That's looking nice!

I played a Member / Guest Tournament last week.
Thursday was an 18 hole practice round. Then a 9 hole Scotch game in the afternoon.

Friday was three 9 hole matches for another 27 holes. Two points if your team wins the hole, 1 point if you tie.
Saturday two more 9 hole matches in the morning. We clobbered our opponents for those two and got in the second place position in our flight.
Saturday afternoon was a playoff match for the top two finishers in each flight. All at once...

The first place finishers in all eleven flights all tee off one after another on the same hole. Alternate shots with your team mate, furthest from the hole going first. So there's 11 guys teeing off, then 11 partners taking the next shot and so on. Us second place teams did the same, but on a different hole. Since this was my second year I knew what to expect and it wasn't bad. Last year was pretty intimidating. There's a couple hundred people watching you make your shot. So many guys were nervous and you could tell. There were some anxious faces and some off kilter shots. When it was my turn, I bombed my drive! Even though we were in a higher handicap flight, my drive was the longest that stayed in the fairway. Some guys were longer, but off in the rough. That put me more at ease. But I could definitely feel my heart rate increase when it was my turn. My partner took the next shot and put us in a bunker. Doh!

On each hole several teams were eliminated. We made it a couple holes in, but were eliminated by some amazing players. It was a fun three days. I'm sore...18 or 27 holes a day for three days in a row is a lot. Between the finishing position and winning a skin on 18 we won $540 bucks.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
That's looking nice!

Thursday was an 18 hole practice round. Then a 9 hole Scotch game in the afternoon.

Friday was three 9 hole matches for another 27 holes. Two points if your team wins the hole, 1 point if you tie.
Saturday two more 9 hole matches in the morning. We clobbered our opponents for those two and got in the second place position in our flight.
Saturday afternoon was a playoff match for the top two finishers in each flight. All at once...

The first place finishers in all eleven flights all tee off one after another on the same hole. Alternate shots with your team mate, furthest from the hole going first. So there's 11 guys teeing off, then 11 partners taking the next shot and so on. Us second place teams did the same, but on a different hole. Since this was my second year I knew what to expect and it wasn't bad. Last year was pretty intimidating. There's a couple hundred people watching you make your shot. So many guys were nervous and you could tell. There were some anxious faces and some off kilter shots. When it was my turn, I bombed my drive! Even though we were in a higher handicap flight, my drive was the longest that stayed in the fairway. Some guys were longer, but off in the rough. That put me more at ease. But I could definitely feel my heart rate increase when it was my turn. My partner took the next shot and put us in a bunker. Doh!

On each hole several teams were eliminated. We made it a couple holes in, but were eliminated by some amazing players. It was a fun three days. I'm sore...18 or 27 holes a day for three days in a row is a lot. Between the finishing position and winning a skin on 18 we won $540 bucks.
That's should awesome.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I received a short notice to play at Coronado Muni last friday. Great afternooon. Teed offat 12:15. The course is pretty flat but has some interesting holes. One par 5 is shaped like a lazy horseshoe, dogleg right, dogleg right, then to the green.

The course is right on the San Diego Bay. Awesome views of Coronado, Navy stuff, the shipyards, downtown, the bridge, etc. It is really hard to get a time here so I jumped at the chance. If you go super early in the morning you can get a time two days from then. Not all times are available on line. This track gets a ton of usage but is in great shape. The bar and patio restaurant has awesome food and killer views. Drinks are reasonably priced, and the cocktail cart made it by us at least four times.

The greens are pretty slow and I struggled to putt hard enough. The last place I played had super fast greens and it threw off my pace. Hit a few bombs and only one into the water... on 18, we tried to kill it and sliced a wee bit right...splash! Carded 88, should have been three less though! Play smart, don't get too cute or too aggressive. That is always a hard lesson to remember. Play Coronado if you get the chance. Non resident rate is only $79.00

AJFCJaWW6jM6WISWw8ldOtqBE1DkcT-l9s4zTAHld3VC3rdmWgvpdpIRK3smlSQcHB4HIbTSsOjC4nbgHrAmClFfsRLU9fwZ3WFQWi2YlZFiAZ86OWOPe8OAHZ-fgUu8lWg_piXq5G0K3skXAIugbGOR3cTDBaxdiUpaluqm0Z1R0eFe0a38pXPOEaUsEEVnWq29bjhKqhZG4Q04XNFCB1loPChFroN19B-Y4xZJHCAIPw2FKXkVtkT7CM07eRtGv0Rx5_6Jt95t_ioDKRE1G2mK_Totw1CA8ArzDj0QASjhN6mxPVJy_5kTHSGsX3132dFyQnM5LyIBU-LpD7TRFe_DB199llJHwmQMCZScAQsiVbphJ3fHGQ5YaLnEJ8CExGwUTi5sb3UCw8r-R9rkGmriLEtlTgHjJB_tHvxvdmpVPsxT6Ja2cqtSmJje6fKsnK9pj4OMP-C6DoUMrGep9kHce9NkNtzYX8HJAuPtTAmaL3KGjmRYLH03QBoNk5zuFufvtZFhVbyJbtVPL3Bg_xuEHYSyJrwsuR7ej2wFos0OB4QiW2D_PLLDxZQYXe-h9Kvk3SAit54MnbuL15WK58v5J51OjapUwFeIsGb_F0tMj5MVMTuOoxlwuKlbXYKMnNfJPct86Iay_Ont8wZFcBe-DrrORJypsn6Y1whEwBknbaNpYJ5bgRDUOgzpiyaIFupXY4npOhJSY4Wpz_3KFBt6l6GCFJ4_M9_HjdzXHgXw6aEqqkruRvi5nubrFu89UC9fWFXcb5RA-TQmtrxwEhSayBghjBArmC2ITeF8Ok_nrZEiGekHHnmF43_m2EEkjRhyDS7hsHduTQ1V7BvZdwU3zqzE13VBXqMv_Dolaeyj-nQ6_rHpG2JLchgVsCRE_C4894CeIErPvNGwxY2Cnh4NFyxUS2GXbDzXXVowgdoMEW2gmu78RSIsFmlHJx-pvB2ZwfraCSURJ82okZLFgZ1iL9NPlHSiuPbRFeBperuumF68=w532-h244-no
tMgIDmh1YABJ1oKzbQYdf2LRtiUYf7NSZg0qc8U3E6DqfFg_B0pFmFUMpVWxdQHpRU-ymV-x2yQAO4-MmyltOwgogVCib9_9ni6kmcNoK4NwWtTQZVTQOgKIFUZ6WCjm4g6GfJEheRBwUKuJbnR7xskPp_-54e78vCUpYxi8aSl2bwM4ph6CaDdL_Q-Y7eg3q55-kv7dnwpR1RC1N8xeKtyV38GPHa9YjoDfOMlPR0Gef5qSYf2D0C8u_NTVAH_oR-c-jNSUqxi6IpmkZQ5BcQwsgiIYG6i4CgwiDBpKT1Q52dMBsJ6AvOkXYKIuRfvtXeEzxPA1VBrN1jt3T6iIxutRjeI2dj-vmROeL8ZHf-5a4KOaKGkmPx2rjBJjZHS1PkADQhYE5eb2FDMmXMB6QJhvaaKUmhqJmc3ivvUwWB7KyYTC4AqANE1NAubLe04FWUnQZeFveOZqTl_q6cKhzDkxsVtOE2sxGHc9BXJZXvLQmYx_BF8Tv3bI--QmAc3v8asL9nQCmdqO0MY6JrJvVB0nKD6bZV1xw5EgO1W5wSlWstgAi-WWGWx9rK5nzj_hORVq51zb_3uj3OBT5Sz6LUZNu-b1qAsR2ifaESdYqr6ga621IKqofjop4vVaemNRMgv5Tau0omNLO1E-1ecg8kY4-Bz2ykVr4hDzgA4qN3Bax172p327PUTztFf2xDIK4EIFqhOUzI3SRP_LlsnC8Nl6fe3myv3Z9NVYGP7yT9CABALs6Tqg2aYuF7nGdp_PyVutFbffxcYjjzRN58gRVUFntnuDzTTfqNwGfkfXy81mC2T4DqpUvqrj0lmvXGVYgyE2GGDg3pbsRblGy5_qn0Wdez6gJdf19xy-4qWzK-rOgS7eUk3P6_xIO28io287vzkG2b2Ewym5hyMCzf2JWXY9Ozl-U7ZzYc0F2h0fYmOIiUz-eAI0i6X4MkasUFJSJ1rG_2toO7kJ3ccA1nsxQw=w1920-h880-s-no

fybOtxamgtt3Cg__AhezZVdRMyg70_aH8tsJ3s4pjyVFBdoun4OUcHENAuCmCNMEmV0NPjb-b1KDb0gmsHSmuXiwQsHx972ty2cTrEOvSHRceBCRPP4kjfbe5ht2qGb1n2a_4kMqsmr7Y006skpgDejTGIOBx_jQshPSvDI_tARqF1xoyrjU02vNQ-w5APKDaxOcuA4wR3Q1eQKBWmIwL1niRpN9Ld4GCJWVBsa59CXiYagLpKxAiKjGR9SKTM4r7-WqLB8jmcBsmH5ogZhnW5KkP0jJe3OAgWnAvS34dut7aRRNUW7M8rIafdy8Rf0yAk1S2Gc67IWiS_07JN-z_R5ny3FcSqZk7FjfqiVKgdN4ybssm6h9m1IZOUcExkkXUxMOb0NZ5c77AnWwGPz935TT_9aNjipgNxnyrk2jBAQoW932aJEUlzADyCjCx1Q3pPknUTcjSCXix6W-jNrrsa5XWTE_Cf2mKTAFB7mxbYHqUXm9z5DlvyM7sVkUqO4I32P8shRcA9jsCY6jgSwxI4EkBOOSDlKP9lM_3Rw8khCCS3O3Hcyr7lLJoZY74XOndPlBWn0l3HhaemGVmGkWwNjhtv32TaC-coXvHzw-ezBQzs9gexo9COizRlnJHa7dHyqU6c4I494NcokFHBUehrUPt5f09VinuVNKcsKUjqjwCcl2U9ibFBsUXplOLbvaiDwNI4RAKW9s269TLIffE64OB8yOS6DZrkIOdfnxeT1cmbvveeWVI7kD1RWmngvEF8bll_f6F5NicdxliqdXGu0VXHCdSCRy9JzZsVlAc9R_YJ2t9B_cRoCf34I0xWaDYkDszUOfP0VP2KZ9I2CMA9Y5lo8wppTa0YfCNiPx6m_oFrjOjo67QLGZkL-N8CJYy1QBAwsWrngMBqOnXlKyce9k-7-gSR2ngNEyDKN9An-YbrpRlYZvRDpwZQdURQ2OyAGjkccxr5oLjYyZ_kBpSQ=w1920-h880-s-no

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
Laughlin' Ranch Thursday
IMG_1838.jpeg
, nice and breezy. Just me following a 3 some in front of me. When I catch them, I u-turn, go back to the t-box, t-off again, by the time I get to my 2nd shot, group in front is gone. I believe I played 36 holes that day!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
That's looking nice!

THC Member/Guest???

DWC

Reaction score
Love that course
It’s a great course. Played it quite a few times 20 ish years ago. Forgot how tricky the greens were. We didn’t have very many straight putts a few of those par 4’s played LONG with the wind and those fairways.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
No fun pics out on the course but yesterday I got fitted for new irons at Golftec. Ending up ordering the Taylormade P790's with Project X shafts extended 1/2'' with midsize grips along with some new MG3 wedges with the same shafts/grips. With a 7 iron I gained 20 yards on average with the P790. I've been playing with a set of free Taylormade Rocketballz cavity back irons and told myself until I took some lessons and really improved then I would get a new set. Looking forward to having them in the bag.

Driver fitting is next week. Not a fan of the Taylormade drivers so going to try them all and go from there.