WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Shot a 109 today at Westridge in La Habra, Lol! Terrible round to say the least.

Did anyone else play this week?
How’d ya shoot?
Where’d ya play?
That course is tough. Lots of hills and sloped fairways. My office is down the street. A little warm today to be playing golf.

arch stanton

Reaction score
Golf is the true definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting a better result, and then buying thousands of dollars of clubs and gear to shave 2 stokes off your score.

DWC

Reaction score
Learning to play golf was the best career move I ever made. College degree got me in the door, being a good golfer was worth at least a few more levels.
Thought i was the only one.. Got noticed working In a entry level position playing in a company charity softball game vs our main competitor. Softball became a golf tourney 4-5 years later and won long drive. When i applied at the competitor the interview was 3 questions max. One was “did i really hit the drive”. 22 yrs later it was the best drive I’ve ever hit.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Learning to play golf was the best career move I ever made. College degree got me in the door, being a good golfer was worth at least a few more levels.
Yep. I play in all of the golf tournaments that my company gets invited to. Have a few trophies and plaques in my office. Still no 1st place though. :mad: My customers always have fun and sometime win some good prizes..

BingerFang

Reaction score
That course is tough. Lots of hills and sloped fairways. My office is down the street. A little warm today to be playing golf.

It’s a great course for $30 bucks (super twilight). I live close by so it’s convenient. It was way too hot/humid to be playing today but we teed off at 4:18 and got 18 in. The last hole was pretty much dark but we made it work.

I played a bit in high school but was never any good. Still have my same clubs and started playing again this summer. We’ll have to go play once it cools down... I should be back in the 90s again by then 😂

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Thought i was the only one.. Got noticed working In a entry level position playing in a company charity softball game vs our main competitor. Softball became a golf tourney 4-5 years later and won long drive. When i applied at the competitor the interview was 3 questions max. One was “did i really hit the drive”. 22 yrs later it was the best drive I’ve ever hit.
Or white privilege:)
Yep. I play in all of the golf tournaments that my company gets invited to. Have a few trophies and plaques in my office. Still no 1st place though. :mad: My customers always have fun and sometime win some good prizes..
Always good to loose when playing with your boss. Make a stunning drive or chip shot then three put.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It’s a great course for $30 bucks (super twilight). I live close by so it’s convenient. It was way too hot/humid to be playing today but we teed off at 4:18 and got 18 in. The last hole was pretty much dark but we made it work.

I played a bit in high school but was never any good. Still have my same clubs and started playing again this summer. We’ll have to go play once it cools down... I should be back in the 90s again by then 😂
I used to play at Big Tee in BP on Beach Blvd years ago. La Mirada is nice and flat, but always seems crowed these days For some reason..lol

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I played LaCosta in Encinitas yesterday. If I had to guess probably high 80’s. Didn’t keep score this round. The group I play with are lights out golfers and I’m horrible compared to them.

Played Strawberry Fields a couple weeks ago and that was a fun course.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score

Shot a 109 today at Westridge in La Habra, Lol! Terrible round to say the least.

Did anyone else play this week?
How’d ya shoot?
Where’d ya play?
I played last Thursday for the first time in couple months. Played like shit lol. 93 on a course I know well and normally shoot low 80's on.

Apparently 3 puts are bad.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

So true!!

My best friend coming out of college was a scratch golfer and went into commercial real estate. He played more golf with all the bosses in tournaments then he worked. He also made a ton of connections that helped him fast track to the top.

He got me out at Cypress Point, the best track I’ve played.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Just had elbow surgery last week for a torn tendon but am addicted to the game even though I’m only a mid to high 80’s player. Having no expectations makes it a better round. If I shoot a 95 I’m still enjoying the round. I’ll be back playing soon. I try to play first off like 6am. Fast play and done in 3 hours sometimes.
I could use a playing partner if someone plays Palm Desert area or Inland Empire. I live in Riverside but play Corona, Temecula, Beaumont and the desert. Killer deals right now at a lot of the desert courses right now. I have fun no matter what I shoot. You have to have the right temperament for it.

JD D05

Reaction score
Started playing consistently again this year. But I changed my swing a ton. 2 months ago I went to the range with my bro who is a 2 handicap and didn't get one ball in the air. This week played 3 rounds 9's and went 39, 41, 40. So making process, I do enjoy it a lot.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Haven't picked up a club in years.. judging by the last time I did..I'd definitely be shooting well over a 100. ...and have a bag full of collapsible clubs when it's all said and done 🤣🤣

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

Back home we had a course with hills . The only thing we did on it was toboggan down them in the winter.:p When i was 14 I tried to be a caddy.....lasted 9 holes and said this isn't for me!:D

cakemoto

Reaction score
I’m working up in flagstaff I’ve been playing at Continental country club few times a week .there’s only two courses here in one’s private

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Golf is a game you can never be 100% perfect at. Just when you think you are great all around, some part of your game will fall off. I was a consistent 100+ stroke golfer until I started playing 3 times a week. I got pretty decent all around and ended up a 4 to 6 over par golfer on any local course. Now, with work and other things going on, I haven't touched my clubs in probably 6 years. 🙄 I need to get back out there and swing those sticks again

Wedgy

Reaction score
Took my BIL and my young Nephew out, had a great time, did pretty good! 90!
At the Country Club in Santee...

Locals will get the irony in this.
Chuckle. I'm a shitty golfer.

Last edited:

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I get invited to everyone's golf tournaments! I've definitely met some good clients that way.

I'm not even a scratch golfer but I can drive 300 lol. And manage to throw up some decent scores not and then.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
I enjoy golf. Last round I played was with my dad at Alta Vista, 79.

Need to get out and play more than I do but it’s tough to sneak away with a 7, 5, and 1 1/2 year olds.

KevinR

Reaction score
Been playing since the mid 80s. Average one round per week over the course of a year. My index roams between 6.5 and 7.5. Great, challenging game and a terrific way to enjoy being outside with friends and have a little competition along the way.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Just had elbow surgery last week for a torn tendon but am addicted to the game even though I’m only a mid to high 80’s player. Having no expectations makes it a better round. If I shoot a 95 I’m still enjoying the round. I’ll be back playing soon. I try to play first off like 6am. Fast play and done in 3 hours sometimes.
I could use a playing partner if someone plays Palm Desert area or Inland Empire. I live in Riverside but play Corona, Temecula, Beaumont and the desert. Killer deals right now at a lot of the desert courses right now. I have fun no matter what I shoot. You have to have the right temperament for it.
Let me know when you back up to playing, I play once or twice a month and am always looking for more players. Been playing 7 hills in Hemet lately, $40 bucks on Sunday, usually get out at 0600 and be done in 3 to 3.5 hours.

Last edited:

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
I got to play Spyglass & Spanish Bay last month, what amazing golf courses & worth the $$$ at least once.

Great courses! Did a weekend in Monterey and played Spyglass, Spanish, and Pebble. I could play those everyday.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I average around 110... About twice a year I get an invite to play Lake Arrowhead. But my favorite course I ever played was Emerald Canyon in Parker

Englewood

Reaction score
I usually shoot right around 80 +/-. If you want to improve, practice your short game. Forget the driver for 30 swings at the driving range. Your score will drop faster than a prom dress.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Saw a hole in one once. Long ago working at a fairway home along the edge of the course at Whimpering Pines, in RSF. We were enjoying our lunch when this Old Guy hits it perfect. We crowded the fence giving him hoots and hollers. He laughed, and humbly said he plays this course every day, it really was no big deal, as he'd done it before, same hole. Oh my...

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Saw a hole in one once. Long ago working at a fairway home along the edge of the course at Whimpering Pines, in RSF. We were enjoying our lunch when this Old Guy hits it perfect. We crowded the fence giving him hoots and hollers. He laughed, and humbly said he plays this course every day, it really was no big deal, as he'd done it before, same hole. Oh my...
I have one single hole in one. It was a few years ago, and I was playing a couple times a month. And I had been throwing darts of irons. The funny part, it was hole number two par three. then I proceeded to shoot the worst round after that. Somewhere in the 90s, with a 1 on the scorecard.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
I suck too but ive only been once and was at driving range often when i lived in fullerton.Went to range couple weeks ago here in peoria did good with driver started out great with irons then went to shit.Going to golf here but was sick now better i might get out early but its cheap here in summer 19 bucks with a cart just need to go early

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My last time out I eagled the first hole at Pelican Hill North Course in a tourney. Got the first shot to the top of the hill and got a nice roll down. Next shot edge of the green. Pin was back and I sunk a rediculously long putt over two hills. Guys I was with go nuts thinking that they scored a good golfer and we would have a shot at one of the group prizes.

I proceeded to shoot a 120... Started drinking heavily on the back nine as my day was done by the 5th hole lol...

mobldj

Reaction score
im more of a happy gilmore kinda golfer,in fact i have spead my clubs around in many water hazaeds in the inland empire.wonder if they are still in the middle of the lakes.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
My last time out I eagled the first hole at Pelican Hill North Course in a tourney. Got the first shot to the top of the hill and got a nice roll down. Next shot edge of the green. Pin was back and I sunk a rediculously long putt over two hills. Guys I was with go nuts thinking that they scored a good golfer and we would have a shot at one of the group prizes.

I proceeded to shoot a 120... Started drinking heavily on the back nine as my day was done by the 5th hole lol...
Haha! Been there man.

My worst recorded score: high school golf match, Cross Creek in Temecula. I only remember the details from the first 3 holes, the rest is a blur of OBs and lost balls. We always got shotgun started so I don't know where we started but I bogeyed holes number one and two, then I eagled out an elevated par-5 with a badass flop shot thought to myself game on I'm going to kick ass now. Yeah I shot a 124.