WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

BingerFang

Reaction score
My closest hole in 1 yet. 138 yard par 3. #11 at Westridge.

IMG_4813.png

satellitemike

Reaction score
I am good for either of those as well, waiting to here back from LHC30, he is doing early am CCW classes on Sat and Sun, and not sure which one would work best for him. If you can lock down I tee time somewhere I will make it work!

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Fact: Everytime Tiger's in the news people want to go out and play a round. Whether he's winning or losing he's good for the game...

Have a great day on the course guy's...
Actually very true.. My office was next to Rancho San Jouquin in Irvine during his early years. We used to be able to sneak in crack o dawn, back 9’s before work until the late 90’s. Pull around the corner and it would be packed!

boatnam2

Reaction score
I haven't played in quite a few years, decided to take it up again to see if its something I will pursue in retirement. Came out and shot a couple low 90's and said to myself I still play ok, been in the 120's since watching you tube videos on how to swing lo. Going back to basics but enjoying it and playing 1-2 week. Hardest thing about golf currently with covid is a tee time. Crazy the amount of people playing, 2 deep sometimes at range, I stopped going and just hit and shag at park.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Tee'd off today at 6:15 mile square park, never played it before, cold as f--k frost on grass.

Nokomis

Nobody
Reaction score
Heres a pic of my last round played on December 2nd here in the land of beer and cheese.

Those are balls on the ice.

20201209_130152.jpg

• Wow

77charger

Reaction score
Seeing this pop up makes me wanna go again. My last time I just sucked bad lol but don’t care had fun maybe I’ll go this week

boatnam2

Reaction score
Played big rec yesterday in the LBC, glad I have resident card, $36 with a cart, rest of group payed $78.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Played yesterday here local. Not a great round but always fun.

It's great that golf has seen a huge resurgence during this Covid crap but man I miss the rounds where there wasn't a 30 minute delay off the tee box. And waiting everyhole to hit. Or making a tee time Friday night for Saturday morning lol.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Awesome time today. Great way to start the day. Let me know when you’re back out..
PS. Hope the lot hunt went well.
Thanks Don, need to do that again.
Went to Flying X and band was pretty good but I think I may have been the youngest person in there, LOL.

DWC

Reaction score
Thanks Don, need to do that again.
Went to Flying X and band was pretty good but I think I may have been the youngest person in there, LOL.
That’s funny. I’ve seen it both ways. Typical Havasu, never quite know what you’re going to get.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I’ve been finding myself driving out to PS to play at Escena than keeping it local lately. 4th time out in 2 months. Love this course

View attachment 977777
I've never played in PS. But I was thinking about it last weekend, its really not that far from me, eailsy doable for a day trip. How far in advance are you making tee times?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I've never played in PS. But I was thinking about it last weekend, its really not that far from me, eailsy doable for a day trip. How far in advance are you making tee times?
Latest ive booked for a weekend tee time was a Wednesday i think and it was still pretty open.
I just checked right now and Escena is wide open this weekend Fri-Sun with the earliest tee time being around 630-645a
Its a 40'ish min drive from me.....last time we played, it was around a 3hr round. We were back in corona before lunch.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Latest ive booked for a weekend tee time was a Wednesday i think and it was still pretty open.
I just checked right now and Escena is wide open this weekend Fri-Sun with the earliest tee time being around 630-645a
Its a 40'ish min drive from me.....last time we played, it was around a 3hr round. We were back in corona before lunch.
Thats great. I am about 1.5 hours but thats still doable for a nice course. Whats this 3 hour round you speak of???? lol. I had a 5 hour round saturday.

satellitemike

Reaction score
What does a golf course like that cost to play?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
What does a golf course like that cost to play?

$80-90 on average for the sub 8a tee times.
Its worth the drive when you compare it to some of my local courses like Eagle glen, Oak Quarry, Glen ivy, Green River, Goose Creek that are usually backed up and still charge $80-223(lol fuck oak quarry) for a 7a tee time.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Thats great. I am about 1.5 hours but thats still doable for a nice course. Whats this 3 hour round you speak of???? lol. I had a 5 hour round saturday.
I had a 5hr round at Baker last Wednesday and thats a pitch and putt 😂

satellitemike

Reaction score
Its worth the drive when you compare it to some of my local courses like Eagle glen, Oak Quarry, Glen ivy, Green River, Goose Creek that are usually backed up and still charge $80-223(lol fuck oak quarry) for a 7a tee time.
Im not great to start w but when I have to wait on the course my game goes to total shit! Golf starts to loose its appeal when the costs get $75+ range unless the course is in great shape! Been finding myself at 7 hills in Hemet if I can tee off early, only $40 on the weekends and is in pretty good shape.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Been playing meadowlark in HB on Fridays, $24 to walk is a good deal.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Im not great to start w but when I have to wait on the course my game goes to total shit! Golf starts to loose its appeal when the costs get $75+ range unless the course is in great shape! Been finding myself at 7 hills in Hemet if I can tee off early, only $40 on the weekends and is in pretty good shape.
Im not great either.....i shoot in the 90's lol....but this course is pristine and you dont get that feeling of being rushed at all.
Ill have to check out 7 hills

Been playing meadowlark in HB on Fridays, $24 to walk is a good deal.
I love ML.....the par 3 on 7 and the mushroom green on 12 always fuck me over lol

boatnam2

Reaction score
Im not great either.....i shoot in the 90's lol....but this course is pristine and you dont get that feeling of being rushed at all.
Ill have to check out 7 hills

I love ML.....the par 3 on 7 and the mushroom green on 12 always fuck me over lol
I have never had one decent shot on that hole, only good thing about it is i get 20 range balls for my shag bag while looking for my ball in water lol. Bounced the cart path on 12th last round and was pretty close to green, first ever 300 plus drive including 80 yrd bounce.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score

Thats not that bad. With the resurgence of golf basic weekend rates around here tend to be $45 to $55. Before covid it was $20 to $30. Honestly I think most of the courses were always on he verge of a shutdown so if the increased rates can keep the doors open and the courses in decent shape than i'm all for it.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Played industry hills today, might be a little out of my league at this point, beautiful course, shot a 100 with quite a few lost balls.

DWC

Reaction score
Played industry hills today, might be a little out of my league at this point, beautiful course, shot a 100 with quite a few lost balls.
Brutally tough course. Even worse when it warms up and the greens firm up.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Had a ton of fun today but quit keeping score about halfway through. I was fucking terrible and then on the last 2 holes, birdie, par. I guess I won’t quit after all. Lol
I feel like that sometimes but just keep scoring to give me some motivation to improve.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Meeting my buddy in Mesquite in 2 weeks to play Wolf Creek Sat., Constenoga Sunday and hopefully one more Sunday. We try to play Wolf once or twice a year. Google it. It’s just amazing. It’s only 1 hour 15 min past Vegas. Sand Hollow in Hurricane Utah is 45 minutes farther. Bad ass course too

Wolskis

Reaction score
Had a ton of fun today but quit keeping score about halfway through. I was fucking terrible and then on the last 2 holes, birdie, par. I guess I won’t quit after all. Lol
Yup, it's that swing so comfortable it feels weird. You watch the ball as it fades in the distance with just enough smirk on your face as you turn to your buddies, yup I planned it that way. I like the par 3, 147'ish yard holes with the green 30 yards or so below the hole. The swing and ball contact are so soft as to wonder if you hit the ball hard enough. The ball stutters as it climbs, forward 10 yards and climbs again. You watch the ball and then drop to eye ball the pin, they get closer and wham-o, it hits the green and stops within 10 feet. Those are shots that keep most of us going back for more.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Tee time adventures in LBC, get up at 5:45 on a weekend to book 8 days in advance. Throw pot of coffee on, log into account for 6am times, 6:05 all tee times already booked past 1pm.

• Wow

DWC

Reaction score
Tee time adventures in LBC, get up at 5:45 on a weekend to book 8 days in advance. Throw pot of coffee on, log into account for 6am times, 6:05 all tee times already booked past 1pm.
Big PGA tourneys have always seemed to have a big impact on the number of people out of the course. Is it always like that?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Big PGA tourneys have always seemed to have a big impact on the number of people out of the course. Is it always like that?
Yea it has been like this since i started playing again 4 months ago, I think its mostly Covid related.

DWC

Reaction score
Yea it has been like this since i started playing again 4 months ago, I think its mostly Covid related.
Damn, good for the sport but that’s crazy. I stopped by the local roger Dunn to look at some used clubs. There used to be 4-5 rows 3-4 deep to choose from. Bet there weren’t more than 20 sets. Most just junk.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Played this morning and started off with a double bogey then a bogey and was able shoot an 82, best round yet!
Shitty part was we played skins and I beat the other three guys who shot 87, 88, and 87 and ended up paying all of them[emoji2959]!