WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Great course. Played it quite a bit with some co-workers before they went to the competition. :oops: Bought a Ping 2 hybrid just for that place. Balls disappear in bunches out there.
Yep..I have over 40 rounds played at BG and still was only a 16 handicap. We had some ex college golfers in the men's club. Fun watching them shooting par from the blues. One guy broke the course record in one of the tournaments with a 65.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Have you played Black Gold in Yorba Linda. I was in the men's club for many years. Those greens are hard and fast. Tight fairways.

Played Black Gold this past Saturday, I played well by my standards but still got my ass handed to me. I only lost one ball but I had more 3 putts then I'd like to count. Fortunately my driving was on point and I was able to run quite a few out which helped my putting.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Playing the refuge tomorrow 0630 and looks like we have a spot open if anyone wants to join?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

satellitemike

Reaction score
Two spots open this Sun 0630 at 7 hills Hemet, think of as a fathers day gift to yourself.

Reactions: DWC

cole_skier

Reaction score
Headed to Sand Hallow this morning with my son for Father’s Day. Going to be hot as hell but will be with him so it will be a great day

Javajoe

Reaction score
Headed to Sand Hallow this morning with my son for Father’s Day. Going to be hot as hell but will be with him so it will be a great day
Great course. I normally try to hit that and Wolf a couple times a year. Have fun

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Not a bad day at Slowboba

DE55CAD4-F81A-44B3-A291-6ED5E5F0DC48.jpeg

Last edited:

satellitemike

Reaction score
3 of us are playing tomorrow 0615 at 7 hills hemet and have a spot open if anyone would like to join?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, but an early start is the only way to go. Hit em straight, if that doesn’t work swing harder.
And when all else fails, drink more!
It was one of those days 😂

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
How's dos Lagos? Haven't played there in a few years.

A handful of fairways are under repair and greens definitely need to be aerated soon but it’s great nonetheless. It was only $35 to get on at 6a and it wasn’t backed up like some of the other courses that stack back to back times so we were out of there in 3.5 hrs. I actually forgot how challenging that course is.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Ordered up myself a new Callaway bag, a full complement of new Golf Pride grips, the Align model with the raised ridge under your fingers. A new range finder and one of those fat putter grips. I'm sure this will save a few strokes on every round. LOL ;)

Last edited:

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Ordered up myself a new Callaway bag, a full complement of new Golf Pride grips, range finder and one of those fat putter grips. I'm sure this will save a few strokes on every round. LOL ;)
Lol when all else fails spend more money.

But honestly the range finder will probably save a couple strokes.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Really like that place. Especially bombing it over the water at 18
I like this course because it forces you to play smart. The second hole humbles you down out of the gate when you think you can drive the fairway to the right when in in reality you should’ve laid up to the left. Course management is 1000% key

Javajoe

Reaction score
I like this course because it forces you to play smart. The second hole humbles you down out of the gate when you think you can drive the fairway to the right when in in reality you should’ve laid up to the left. Course management is 1000% key
Lol yea I lay up half the time the other half I wished I had

BingerFang

Reaction score
My best round yet! Mind you I have no driver, woods or hybrid. Only a 2 iron, wedges and a putter!

I left a few easy putts on the table as well… those green are just so much tougher than what I’m usually playing which is Fullerton.

Happy Friday RDP friends!

5A0B067D-C3F8-49AD-B6A1-E5045444F8A1.jpeg

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
My best round yet! Mind you I have no driver, woods or hybrid. Only a 2 iron, wedges and a putter!

I left a few easy putts on the table as well… those green are just so much tougher than what I’m usually playing which is Fullerton.

Happy Friday RDP friends!

View attachment 1037394
Nice round!

Shot 10 in over today with with a triple and a double so all in all not bad.

Lipped to out from 170 on a par 4. Man I thought it was dropping!! I had a shitty drive then a perfect shot. I'll take a birdie though lol

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Played Goat Hill in Oceanside. Fun course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Played there a few days ago and will again this coming Saturday.
They have done a ton of upgrades to the course in last 1.5 years. Been playing there since it was a 9 hole course, like nearly 40 years.

77charger

Reaction score
Couple months ago went and did my best hit driver great and irons.Today went to range irons were fine driver well i could hit further with a pitching wedge

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone played Arrowhead Country Club recently?
Do you mean Arrowhead Country Club in San Bernardino at the bottom of the hill? If so, no. I heard it is public now and a friend played awhile ago there and said it wasn't in good shape.
If you mean Lake Arrowhead Country Club, then yes, have played recently. In great shape!

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Do you mean Arrowhead Country Club in San Bernardino at the bottom of the hill? If so, no. I heard it is public now and a friend played awhile ago there and said it wasn't in good shape.
If you mean Lake Arrowhead Country Club, then yes, have played recently. In great shape!
Yea the one at the bottom of the hill. We couldn’t get any other last minute tee times for Sunday morning so we opted for this one……I’m second guessing my decision now lol

Edit: just found a last min cancellation at Shandin hills and canceled Arrowhead 🤘🏻

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Looks like it was in better shape than ours this morning. Very nice.
Reflection Bay is holding up well. my wife and I golf here at least once a week.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Played La Costa Legends last Friday. Carded seven pars... But a few triples too. Lol. Liking the new grips.

DWC

Reaction score
I haven’t bought very few golf trainer/gimmicks over the years. Picked up one of these a (tempo/flexibility) couple weeks ago. Gotta say it seems to be working pretty good. Definitely stretches my old ass out pretty quick. I’ve mostly been working on slow/stretching swings.
CBC23089-1579-4417-ACA4-340C6FE08091.jpeg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Shot 85 at Menifee lakes palms course this morning. Not too bad with a triple bogey on 9 and a double on 18.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
3 putted from 3' this weekend 🙄
Fuckin' typical, I got thee worst putting stroke ever. Lol, even tapped the ball twice in one stroke🤷‍♂️😠

DWC

Reaction score
3 putted from 3' this weekend 🙄
Fuckin' typical, I got thee worst putting stroke ever. Lol, even tapped the ball twice in one stroke🤷‍♂️😠
How far did you blow the first one by? I usually string together fairly creative F bombs before it stops rolling.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How far did you blow the first one by? I usually string together fairly creative F bombs before it stops rolling.
~5 feet. Sidehill slider that just nipped the bottom edge of cup then ran away.