WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I-40 West: 1am Truckers & Rice Rd: Gravel Trucks?

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Why do some (not all) of guys insist on pulling into the passing lane, just as a faster vehicle is approaching, when all they have to do is wait another 10 seconds & let me drive around & there are no other vehicles behind me or in sight at 1am?

I felt like this was purposely being done for whatever reason? But at 1am, when there’s no one else around & I could tell on multiple occasions that they would wait until I’m just about to pass & sure enough they would pull out right in front of me, kicking up loose debris all over my hood, while forcing me to slow down to 55-60mph, when all they had to do was wait a few seconds longer & I would’ve flown right by. Just frustrating, that’s all.

Don’t even get me started with gravel trucks driving in pairs on RICE RD. Kicking up dirt & debris all over my car & having to pass 2-3 trucks at a time, as fast as possible, just so your paint doesn’t get destroyed. I’m not sure I’ll be going that way anymore. Nothing like getting to Havasu & having a few more rock chips on your hood & front bumper. [emoji1304]

I guess I just get so frustrated with these long 4-5hrs & I feel like it just beats up the paint on my vehicles, but I’m not sure if anyone else feels the same way? In any case, Havasu is a wonderful town, but I just wish I could someday eliminate the long drives.

Good Sunday morning everyone! [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bk2drvr

Reaction score
The mentality of truckers has changed.

The underlying problem is there are just too many of us squeezed together which has caused people to do and act in ways they didn’t 20-30 years ago.

I could go on and on but I won’t. You can trace almost any sociatal problem today back to over population.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Just be like the ballers in the pilot thread and fly.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They love to fuck with people going up The 10. Happens to me all the time. Last trip I managed to get 2 to get back in there lane. Get in center of lane as they Try to cut you off start flashing your hi beams and honking. Usually they still do it but saved me 5 minutes when it works :). If there old POS can't make it up the Hill at 55 they should buy a new rig or take other routes there rig can handle.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I must be an asshole also. when I'm pulling my boat with the rv . then make a pass. oh wait I cant because, someone saw my blinker and now they are hauling ass, to not let me in. and then slow to a crawl as they pass me by .

River Runnin

Reaction score
You can’t text very well if you need to pay attention to shit! ;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If you're towing a load and have to lift off throttle, any and all momentum is lost. I get it, I'm that guy with my 5th wheel sometimes. I used to hate it but most often I see the situation developing and either smash it and get past before or wait for them to make their pass. An extra minute or two won't kill me.

rcmike

Reaction score
If your car will accelerate again after they get done with the pass, deal with it. They are trying not to lose momentum that will cost them for the next however many miles..

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Rock and a hard place, I’ll try to explain.
Are you getting the big picture? Are you comparing his closing rate to the vehicle in front of him to your closing rate? I try not to hog up the left lane, so I hesitate to get over thinking this car I’ll fly by me but inevitably either the car slows down anticipating me cutting him off which fucks up my timing for my pass on the vehicle that I’m closing on. Most of you think well I should just fucking wait because I’m in a big truck. The reality is I’m not gonna lose 5 miles an hour road speed or whatever to make you happy because you’re a little car can accelerate a hell of a lot faster than my truck. So if I’m a road hog so be it. I try to wait and let the cards get past me and I don’t make last-minute decisions and what inevitably happens is I get over to the left lane and then that car tries to pass me on the right and squeeze between me and the truck I’m closing on makes for a very dangerous situation.

What it boils down to is what I said in another thread somewhere here, if you’re going faster than me you’re an asshole if you’re going slower than me you’re an asshole pretty much if you don’t like the way I drive I am an asshole something like that. LOL I have to laugh every time these threats come up I don’t know why I bother posting. You all hate truck drivers anyway and I know there’s a shit ton of them on here.
There are just far too many scenarios to go over on why we do the things we do. And I will agree the new drivers have a lot less patience than I do.

Happy motoring :rolleyes:

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
What it boils down to is what I said in another thread somewhere here, if you’re going faster than me you’re an asshole if you’re going slower than me you’re an asshole pretty much if you don’t like the way I drive I am an asshole something like that. LOL I have to laugh every time these threats come up I don’t know why I bother posting. You all hate truck drivers anyway and I know there’s a shit ton of them on here.
There are just far too many scenarios to go over on why we do the things we do. And I will agree the new drivers have a lot less patience than I do.

Happy motoring :rolleyes:

Translation:

"I paid all of my road taxes, I'll use all of the road"

Carry on, Driver.

Dan'l

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Why do some (not all) of guys insist on pulling into the passing lane, just as a faster vehicle is approaching, when all they have to do is wait another 10 seconds & let me drive around & there are no other vehicles behind me or in sight at 1am?

I felt like this was purposely being done for whatever reason? But at 1am, when there’s no one else around & I could tell on multiple occasions that they would wait until I’m just about to pass & sure enough they would pull out right in front of me, kicking up loose debris all over my hood, while forcing me to slow down to 55-60mph, when all they had to do was wait a few seconds longer & I would’ve flown right by. Just frustrating, that’s all.

Don’t even get me started with gravel trucks driving in pairs on RICE RD. Kicking up dirt & debris all over my car & having to pass 2-3 trucks at a time, as fast as possible, just so your paint doesn’t get destroyed. I’m not sure I’ll be going that way anymore. Nothing like getting to Havasu & having a few more rock chips on your hood & front bumper. [emoji1304]

I guess I just get so frustrated with these long 4-5hrs & I feel like it just beats up the paint on my vehicles, but I’m not sure if anyone else feels the same way? In any case, Havasu is a wonderful town, but I just wish I could someday eliminate the long drives.

Good Sunday morning everyone! [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning. Take the 40, it is an easier drive.

MohavValley

Reaction score
I don't drive a semi but on the 40 I've tried to be courteous and let others pass on the left instead of cutting them off but there fucking idiots. They pull up next to you and stay there so you can't get over or they pull up next to the car in front of you creating a road block and then take their time passing. OR there doing 85+ trying to make time cutting between cars and almost casing accidents. OR there cutting in front of you and slamming on the brakes for no reason.

I stopped giving people the benefit of the doubt most have no fucking clue about passing, getting over, going around, closing rate, momentum, weight, braking, etc so I just pull out in front of them before they can cut me off and they can wait.

Over population, stupidity, and no personal responsibility is the problem. Every car driver should be made to drive a 3/4 ton with a 30ft 10K trailer so they know what it's like and maybe they'd stop being idiots (but I seriously doubt it).

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Do you drive a half ton? Were you towing?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The mentality of truckers has changed.

The underlying problem is there are just too many of us squeezed together which has caused people to do and act in ways they didn’t 20-30 years ago.

I could go on and on but I won’t. You can trace almost any sociatal problem today back to over population.

I agree 10000000%!!! In every aspect of life.

NicPaus

Reaction score
If your car will accelerate again after they get done with the pass, deal with it. They are trying not to lose momentum that will cost them for the next however many miles..
If that is the situation I gladly let them over. I drive a work truck most days and have owned a few dump trucks. Steven was referring to when they do it last minute just cause you are about to fly by them doing 80. Not about dropping a gear or affecting there cruise control. Going up the 10 happens so often you can expect it. You can drive in the right lane and they don't but as soon as you get in the fast lane they jump over. Have had them do it and pace each other for 10 miles then merge back over behind the same truck. Then finally pass and there laughing at you.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Why don’t all you people that live in states that have split speed limits lobby to abolish that. Part of the problem with these guys is dip shits get out to pass and instead of putting your foot on the floor duty bop around because they’re worried about getting a fucking ticket!
Are there some assholes out there? Absolutely. Do you really see them laughing at you?
Unfortunately driving is what it is. People don’t like to be behind big tracks then they pass the big truck and then slow down it’s human nature they just don’t want their vision blocked and they don’t realize they’ve slowed down. As for the big trucks yes we slow down on the slightest little incline sometimes. The new trucks suck as they’re all built to get maximum fuel-efficiency and they lose speed very rapidly on the slightest incline.
Unfortunately I will admit my industry is sorely lacking in training. It’s so bad all the trucks now have automatic transmissions an automatic sensors that hit the brakes anytime they get too close to an object. The new batch of trucks my company just got in hits the brakes if it guard rail or K rail is too close to the side of the road. I am glad I am just about done.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
And I actually had that post above separated by some paragraphs but I don’t know what the hell I did. LOL

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
It’s so bad all the trucks now have automatic transmissions.
WOW!!!!!!
Its been over 30 years since I've driven a few smokers...
Double clutching, shifting without a clutch..... control the RPM and it would shift like butter.... shit..those days where in the early 80's.....LOL

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!
Its been over 30 years since I've driven a few smokers...
Double clutching, shifting without a clutch..... control the RPM and it would shift like butter.... shit..those days where in the early 80's.....LOL
I guess I should clarify not all but the vast majority are going to automatic transmissions that way they don’t have to train anybody to actually learn how to drive. This is what you’re megacarriers have brought to the table.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Hey pookie Tell me again how trucks are slowing down the vacationers?? Yes that speedo says 35
C12A633F-011E-4632-85BA-95C4EB8B25B1.jpeg
9DE38715-BAC5-45BC-8089-FC3009B75628.jpeg
C12A633F-011E-4632-85BA-95C4EB8B25B1.jpeg

D19

Reaction score
I think it's getting worse because Uber and Lyft took jobs away from cab drivers so now they all have to drive trucks.

Those Yellow Cab drivers couldn't drive a cab worth a crap and now they're pulling 50' plus trailers on the highway.

9/10 times when I finally pass the trucker who cut me off then took 3 miles to pass, I can expect to see a turban on the driver's head. :)