WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I always think the people on that site are so miserable

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I send my old lady quite a few posts from RDP. This was her response.

I dunno.. most the people I know are pretty happy?

I will say some of these posts lately though especially in that fatality thread had me scratching my head. Instead of trying to even bother with it I Jist clipped the ones I deemed inappropriate

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

I will say some of these posts lately though especially in that fatality thread had me scratching my head. Instead of trying to even bother with it I Jist clipped the ones I deemed inappropriate
I dunno. This was a reply from my old lady. Who doesn’t really frequent the site other than what I send to her. But lately I must say I agree.

DLC

Reaction score
My wife just labels Everything red neck…

doesn’t matter if it’s RDP or the gun, sxs, Jeep, garage journal etc or even U tube!
It’s an umbrella policy for my interests…..

most of my time is spent on RDP! The inmates are just great peeps! & it covers all my interests….

@RiverDave can I get a discount on membership this month……

lol

4Waters

Reaction score
My wife just labels Everything red neck…

doesn’t matter if it’s RDP or the gun, sxs, Jeep, garage journal etc or even U tube!
It’s an umbrella policy for my interests…..

most of my time is spent on RDP! The inmates are just great peeps! & it covers all my interests….

@RiverDave can I get a discount on membership this month……

lol
She's not wrong 🤣

floatn turd

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220630-215245_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220630-215915_Google.jpg

🤣

ChrisV

Reaction score
It's the internet. Place for people to complain. Totally different when you meet them in person.

badgas

Reaction score
Yeah the doom and gloom keyboard warrior stuff gets old but the good outweighs the bad. There are some really cool and kind people on this site.

When I first joined I hit up @satellitemike about a floor installer and a handyman and he came thru with some good guys that did really nice work.

A few months back I needed help moving a table becaue I have a bad elbow. I put up a post asking for help and immediately got replies from @Springfield @dspracing @HNL2LHC and a few others offering to help.

Tim @HNL2LHC came right over with his wife and his son and they moved the table for me.

I'm not sure I would get that quick of response at home in OC with people I have known for 20+ years.

You just have to ignore the negative garbage and control what you can.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Yeah the doom and gloom keyboard warrior stuff gets old but the good outweighs the bad. There are some really cool and kind people on this site.

When I first joined I hit up @satellitemike about a floor installer and a handyman and he came thru with some good guys that did really nice work.

A few months back I needed help moving a table becaue I have a bad elbow. I put up a post asking for help and immediately got replies from @Springfield @dspracing @HNL2LHC and a few others offering to help.
th
Tim @HNL2LHC came right over with his wife and his son and they moved the table for me.

I'm not sure I would get that quick of response at home in OC with people I have known for 20+ years.

You just have to ignore the negative garbage and control what you can.
That's the boaters=family that I posted the other day.

Taboma

Reaction score
I dunno. This was a reply from my old lady. Who doesn’t really frequent the site other than what I send to her. But lately I must say I agree.
Does your wife appreciate her husband thinking of her as an "Old Lady" ? That doesn't seem to exactly scream "Happy, loving, young, beautiful wife" ?

My wife is 66 years young, we've been married almost 40 years, not once in all those years have I referred to her as my "Old Lady", because that thought has never crossed my mind. She's was and will always be, my young, beautiful, loving wife and that's how others will always hear of her.

Apparently you're one of the miserable & negative RDP members you're referencing, because that comment screams of misery, and being stuck in an unhappy marriage.

You might want to reconsider using that phrase when referring to your wife. Even in jest, it's demeaning and after 40 years, me saying that would surely hurt my wife's feelings, so I won't.

Share this post with your wife, I'm offering positive feedback. 😁

Singleton

Reaction score

Still wondering how my post got clipped. I called the BS post out as a ‘jackass comment’ then posted my thoughts are with family and friends. Could of just clipped the first half of my reply.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Still wondering how my post got clipped. I called the BS post out as a ‘jackass comment’ then posted my thoughts are with family and friends. Could of just clipped the first half of my reply.
For sure, same here,Clipped because I suggested learn “Edit & Delete feature”. When the click sitting around the garage might want to work on “Comprehension”skills. Most of the insiders around here these days do not bother to read entire threads or posts.

petie6464

Reaction score
It's the old saying:

"Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster."

I don't see miserable here, I've been called it on several occasions. I'm not- Old and crusty maybe.

There's a lot of crap in the social pot currently, stirring it is inevitable.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Does your wife appreciate her husband thinking of her as an "Old Lady" ? That doesn't seem to exactly scream "Happy, loving, young, beautiful wife" ?

My wife is 66 years young, we've been married almost 40 years, not once in all those years have I referred to her as my "Old Lady", because that thought has never crossed my mind. She's was and will always be, my young, beautiful, loving wife and that's how others will always hear of her.

Apparently you're one of the miserable & negative RDP members you're referencing, because that comment screams of misery, and being stuck in an unhappy marriage.

You might want to reconsider using that phrase when referring to your wife. Even in jest, it's demeaning and after 40 years, me saying that would surely hurt my wife's feelings, so I won't.

Your wife obviously reads rdp

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Did you quote the inappropriate post? I can see RD clipping yours if you did.

Singleton

Reaction score
Did you quote the inappropriate post? I can see RD clipping yours if you did.
I did. If your going to clip posts that condemn inappropriate posts, that is …….
RD site, RD rules, but……

not finishing the statements since I don’t need a vacation.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I did. If your going to clip posts that condemn inappropriate posts, that is …….
RD site, RD rules, but……

not finishing the statements since I don’t need a vacation.

As someone tasked with cleanup efforts in aisle Dungeon, ain’t nobody got time for that. It’s nothing personal.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I'm on quite a few forums, some for fun, and others I administrate on. IMHO, this is more like a family (maybe somewhat dysfunctional) but If someone here is in need, I wouldn't bat an eye to drop and help wherever and however I could.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I send my old lady quite a few posts from RDP. This was her response.
We go to the barber shop maybe once a month while they go to the beauty parlor multiple times, maybe even twice a week to get their bitch on. Where would they like us to go?

Tank

Reaction score
People do understand they can pick and choose what they read on here right? 🤔

I don't find it negativity to be the prevailing topics on here, quite the opposite actually. But everything gets discussed on here and a lot of shit in the world can be viewed negatively because, well, the world aint rainbows and unicorns and lollipops and shit all the time. 🤷‍♂️

2Driver

Reaction score
Opinions on here are good debate like housing the market, boating etc. Its not always going to be sunshine especially right now.

Personally, I could do without the posting of the heinous human-pus headlines of the day. They are in the general media as shock content, who needs to see them again here.

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
like i told someone in another thread... "less criticism more contirubtions..." just a bunch of armchair quarterbacks around here. those who share are far and few because of it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

When I delete the bullshit posts I generally delete the responses to the bullshit posts too. Otherwise everyone will be wondering where that reply came from.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For sure, same here,Clipped because I suggested learn “Edit & Delete feature”. When the click sitting around the garage might want to work on “Comprehension”skills. Most of the insiders around here these days do not bother to read entire threads or posts.

Read above

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Read above
Check out post 6 in tragic accident thread.Your buddies moronic disrespectful fucked up post quoted. Enuff,regret bothered to post.The tragedy of that accident beyond understanding.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Pretty much the same thing two of my friends said while we were catching up on the dock after a ski session. They have been here since the beginning.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

Been with my OLD LADY since I was 18 and she was 16. (Don’t cancel me, lol…) she’s spent plenty of time on the back of a HD, and this isn’t her first rodeo. I would have to call her MUCH WORSE than old lady to get a rise outta her. Lol.

702sandman

Reaction score

This is truly how those people feel Dave, and once in awhile they let those words slip out aloud. Same thing happened with the thread about the Mexican workers that got killed a little while ago….unfortunately some things will never change

Taboma

Reaction score
Been with my OLD LADY since I was 18 and she was 16. (Don’t cancel me, lol…) she’s spent plenty of time on the back of a HD, and this isn’t her first rodeo. I would have to call her MUCH WORSE than old lady to get a rise outta her. Lol.
Kinda figured as much when I noticed your RIP Sonny Thread. So not a derogatory dig, but her earned Title ;)😁

Backlash

Reaction score
Like-minded people sharing common interests doesn't seem like a place filled with miserable people....just people who enjoy badass boats, cars, trucks and everything else associated with a certain type of lifestyle! 😎👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There was a time when this place was Pure comedy. Nothing but non stop laughs!

Those days are Way long gone, and the majority of the posts today are just people trying to one up each other, criticize each other, or trying to be funny when they are not.

I can easily see how how someone would think this place is a major drag. How often do we see new posters anymore? Who wants to join a shit show?

The community here runs deep. But you can't see that when looking at just the surface...