WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I am going for maybe the dumbest ever question on here

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
:p
We got on the subject of card and board games. Never was much into either but we had all the standard games as kids. I said I never ever remember actually finishing a game of Monopoly. Have you?:p
I remember always trying to steal the $500 bill from the till when no on was looking though. Always got busted but still tried.
Another game was mousetrap. Never remember actually playing it. Just building it. :p

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I’ll let you know in 12 hours😂

we’ve done it few times.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We’d always quit when my brother owned the entire last row with hotels.
The end was inevitable.
He also crushed us at the most tedious board game ever invented...”Risk”...

He was relentless. He knew the book rules inside out and cut side deals immediately in every board game we played. He’d control half the globe within 30 minutes it seemed, with minimal losses.

Our go to card game was “Shanghai Rummy”, a very fun 7 hand discard game played with multiple decks and players.
It was uncanny how he’d just own it.
He’d buy, draw, discard without any hint of strategy then just lay down the entire play and “go out” in one move.
He’d usually piss us off and we’d all quit.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have finished a lot of monopoly games. Want a long to play try Risk.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We’d always quit when my brother owned the entire last row with hotels.
The end was inevitable.
He also crushed us at the most tedious board game ever invented...”Risk”...

He was relentless. He knew the book rules inside out and cut side deals immediately in every board game we played. He’d control half the globe within 30 minutes it seemed, with minimal losses.

Our go to card game was “Shanghai Rummy”, a very fun discard game played with multiple decks and players.
It was uncanny how he’d just own it.
He’d buy, draw, discard without any hint of strategy then just lay down the entire play and “go out” in one move.
He’d usually piss us off and we’d all quit.
My Bro was a Risk monster as well, lol.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I love Monopoly, my favorite and actually only board game I play.

My wife's uncle and I have this ritual going were every 3-5 months we play. And we play seriously. Follow all the rules etc. The score is 5 to 4 since we started keeping track, I'm in the lead.

If someone wants to play with us we tell them, this is serious and you have to play until the end. Most just say na I'm ok. But my son had jumped on board. Played the last 3 or 4 times with us. He is learning.

Games average about 5 hours.

And don't think just because someone has some hotels they have the game locked. A few good roles and a few deals could turn the table quick. Last game he thought he had me with all his hotels. Even took a picture of the board with all his property. 2 hours later he was done. I win.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Kick ass at Scrabble.
Was good at Risk, Battleship, Life. Not usually very lucky with Monopoly. .

4Waters

Reaction score
I have A.D.D., Monopoly took too long and I lost interest in an hour or less. I hate bored games, always have, probably the A.D.D.🤣

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We finished many games of Monopoly. Sometimes the game was left up over night. But there were times that you saw the writing on the wall and just walk away. We never had any tornadoes though. LOL

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
RISK was a significant part of my summers growing up. I never found it tedious.
Monopoly is a much better game when everyone starts with a few properties from the get go.
Played a lot of Clue, Battleship, and Stratego.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
One game I do well at is Yahtzee.
The strategy is what wins it, not the rolls.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

A980B97D-F9E7-41AA-9253-43DFD55C15F7.jpeg

Last edited:

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I never got into any board or card games, just never interested me. My kids on the other hand (all adults) love game nights and go to each others homes or friends houses to play weekly. Sometimes they come over to our house to let their mom play, she enjoys it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Axis & Allies...
Wanna throw off everyone, take Japan's first move, and don't bomb Pearl Harbor...

As for Monopoly, wife always wins...I think she cheats...

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I got pretty deep into magic the gathering card games early on. Mostly because I could buy and sell em with my lunch money. Heh.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

thats about how a few of the game’s have ended at my house with my friends.. lol

we haven’t played in years but last time the board came out it got pretty good in the garage.. one of the playerschicks was harassing him to go home and he said “then go the fuck home then.. I’m playin here!” You woulda thought it was a high stakes poker game.

DLC

Reaction score
We actually play a few type card games! Kind a old couple-ish but really fun with a cocktail! Or 3!

5 queens
mexican Train - dominos
Farkle - dice game

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think I've actually finished one game of Monopoly in my life.

But...

I have the Parker Edition of Monopoly!

I saw it at Parker WalMart one night, and there was no way I could pass it up. I needed it like a hole in the head...

😂

rrrr

Reaction score

But...

I saw it at Parker WalMart one night, and there was no way I could pass it up. I needed it like a hole in the head...

😂

When you land on Chance, do the cards say things like "You've won a third axle for your boat trailer" or "The engine on your new pontoon boat is a 40 HP Tohatsu"?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Anyone ever play Mille Bornes? A driving/racing card game

Far more fun than MONOpoly and those who are Michael Jordan-competitive have to rely on luck so they're mellowed by this game that's fun to play when drinking or not

023560.jpg

Sherpa

Reaction score
Two life long games to play while camping..

1st and foremost would be: Yahtzee..!!!

2nd would be scrabble.

(But Yahtzee wins hands down!!)

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Tick tak toe is pretty quick and easy. Although it really bugs me when my wife beats me two times in a row. That's when I break the crayons and throw the kids placemat on the floor.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Only been close to finishing a game of Monopoly one time, probably 20 years ago. Went well into the am, ran out of booze, ended in a physical fight between friends (yes, of course the board got flipped).

If I bring it up today, everyone will still cry about cheating and collusion!

At our house, We play Pass the Pigs with the kids, they LOVE it!

C5FBD072-2B0D-4A36-A801-90210479E5E6.jpeg

J

outboard_256

Reaction score

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

But...

😂
I have this one from sometime in the 60's I think
IMG_20210527_210140.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
Something about board games always rubs me wrong. I enjoyed as a kid, but now realize my parents put up with them to entertain me. As an adult, i want no part of it. I feel im putting in an act to look like I give a shit. Lol. Bored me to no end.

I do enjoy the cards against humanity type games with like minded adults. Especially while drunk.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
1622186452254.jpeg

Some goober doctors I’ve seen in this town probably learned on one of these. :p

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Something about board games always rubs me wrong. I enjoyed as a kid, but now realize my parents put up with them to entertain me. As an adult, i want no part of it. I feel im putting in an act to look like I give a shit. Lol. Bored me to no end.

I do enjoy the cards against humanity type games with like minded adults. Especially while drunk.
Boring is absolutely right!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Only been close to finishing a game of Monopoly one time, probably 20 years ago. Went well into the am, ran out of booze, ended in a physical fight between friends (yes, of course the board got flipped).

If I bring it up today, everyone will still cry about cheating and collusion!

At our house, We play Pass the Pigs with the kids, they LOVE it!

View attachment 1006937

J

I don’t travel without it!
Double Leaning jowlers clean up!

Possibly the best drinking game ever invented.

CB2FD203-DEA9-487B-BB29-6D018BB553A3.jpeg

HotRod82

Reaction score
The way we speed up Monopoly is put all of the "tax" , community chest, and chance payouts into a "pot" in the middle. Whoever lands on free parking gets the pot. It has saved my ass many times.

Oops, I forgot the most important part of this rule....in addition to the money payouts listed above, every time a property is purchased, put that money in the middle too. It adds up fast, then whoever lands on free parking gets it. This speeds up the game tremendously, as well as giving the game wild swings. You are down and almost out one minute, then winning the next.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
We
Monopoly i have no problem with, the game that gets me is Mexican train ( Dominos ) get a few drunks going at that and pretty soon its 3 or 4 in the morning

We play Mexican Train quite a bit and it pretty much ends up to the same, 3/4 am!

I can't say I've ever finished a game of Monopoly. We have started to play Ticket to Ride.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
The wife and I now play our own version of Dominos , in 45 years its the only "board game" we play that I can actually win (sometimes ;)) , Got a Ma Jong set , still havent cracked the box open , maybe this weekend

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Cards against humanity and Boy Scouts. Oh boy, my face would hurt from laughing some nights!!!

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I don’t travel without it!
Double Leaning jowlers clean up!

Possibly the best drinking game ever invented.

ohhh the travel set, Nice!

We used to play a lot of Cards Against Humanity too, but the kids are getting older and can read now, so this game doesn’t really fly anymore 😳

5F162467-BC5A-4D22-87DE-C5737CC4EEB0.jpeg

sprintcvx

Reaction score
My wife went to Florida earlier this year and her friends turned her on to Skip bo. It's an easy, fast paced card game.
Skip-Bo2.jpg

As far as Monopoly goes.. :rolleyes:
monopoly_c6b49b323e266a45b9934e3f685d0c928d4bc3f6.jpg