WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I am taking Cdog and his family boating today……

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Dude. Have fun. Been sailing key west race week since 96. Let me know if you guys want a great cheeseburger.
9DA1FB67-154D-42D8-87D7-F308A9886B33.jpeg

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Yeah. South Florida guy. Side jobs in Newport. Sailing race boats doesn’t suck.

sonicss31

Reaction score
When the kids are back in the resort, you should take the wife to “Better Than Sex” dessert only eatery. Very cool and romantic. 😻

Here it is.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Where’s the best place for Cuban food?
Definitely not in Key West. La Carreta in Miami. Or Little Havana in Pompano. Right up US1 from C-Ya. Also La Bamba in Fort Lauderdale. Food in Key West is hard to find. Gone way downhill since they put in the cruise ship docks. Have fun bud

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Since Cdog is showing his Key West pics……… Here is what I did yesterday. After Lake Boca, we put boat on my lift, then went 1 traffic light away, to see Third Eye Blind play at the Pompano Beach Amphitheater.

6B50EC33-450A-408B-9452-37C20D836F5F.jpeg
27465345-CE22-4196-BB94-EE31FE7F1F10.jpeg

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Nice. Pretty good race. Alonso penalize 10 seconds for I don’t know what. P4 now

JJ McClure

Reaction score
My nephew just told me. When they did the first 5 second penalty, they put the rear Jack in too soon. Can’t touch the car during the penalty. But it took forever for the fia to figure out and apply the second 10 second penalty.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'll have to check with the wife to see if we are coning out in August, my brother just got back from ft Lauderdale and has been talking about the area non stop, looks like it may be on the list of places to move too

You go there in August, and that will cure you of wanting to move there right quick! 🤣

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here is the list of members I have met on this site and took boating in SoFlo……..

HavasuHusker -

Shlbyntro -

Beerrun -

Cdog -

Who will be next?

Let’s go boating! Hit me up!

I didn't make the list.. LOL.

RD

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I didn't make the list.. LOL.

RD
You never will be because you and I have known each other for 25 years. Long before RDP. The list is for people I met on your site.

FWIW, I once snuck Riverdave into the Miami Boat Show, when it was at Miami Marine Stadium. We had a side hustle going for that event. I was running a people mover boat, in which, on my boat, if you purchased a bag of chips for $6, we threw in a free ice cold Coors Light. We had to do it this way, because we didn’t have a liquor license…….. it was a side hustle! Lol My deckhand and I were clearing 1k a day just in ”Chip” sales. (Very few actually wanted the chips)

Of course…….. I would not let Riverdave and his crew pay,……those drinks were on me! Dave gets on my boat, and I hand him a frosty cold beer, after a long day at the Boat Show. So send me some shirts Dave! Lol

Last edited:

hman442

Reaction score
We had El Medon de Pepe. Pretty good.

View attachment 1210498
That's a good looking Cubano. That restaurant looks pretty "authentic". When I was there in '19, I was looking for a good Daquiri, as really enjoy a legitimate Daquiri. Of course, when you read up on a Daquiri, it's Ernest Hemingway, this, Hemingway that, well, he lived in Key West when not in Cuba, so I'm thinking, cool, great Daiquiris to be had. The first two places were awful, then I saw this place, and told Mrs Hman, "Hey, I bet I can get a good Daquiri here!!" I sat at the outside bar, and told the bartender that I wanted a Daquiri. He kind of looked at me funny, and asked strawberry or banana. I said no, not frozen, an old school Hemingway Daquiri. Oh, okay, he said. I watched him, and damned if he didn't google it on his phone. He brought it to me and said, taste it, taste it. I did, and it was okay, but shit, I guess Key West isn't a Daquiri town. What would Hemingway say ? I did however find the Tiki Bar there, and started talking Trader Vics, blah blah with that bartender/owner, and he mixed me a Rum concoction that made me forget all about the Daquiri, forget where I was staying, what day it was. Cannot wait to go there again!

Cdog

Reaction score
That's a good looking Cubano. That restaurant looks pretty "authentic". When I was there in '19, I was looking for a good Daquiri, as really enjoy a legitimate Daquiri. Of course, when you read up on a Daquiri, it's Ernest Hemingway, this, Hemingway that, well, he lived in Key West when not in Cuba, so I'm thinking, cool, great Daiquiris to be had. The first two places were awful, then I saw this place, and told Mrs Hman, "Hey, I bet I can get a good Daquiri here!!" I sat at the outside bar, and told the bartender that I wanted a Daquiri. He kind of looked at me funny, and asked strawberry or banana. I said no, not frozen, an old school Hemingway Daquiri. Oh, okay, he said. I watched him, and damned if he didn't google it on his phone. He brought it to me and said, taste it, taste it. I did, and it was okay, but shit, I guess Key West isn't a Daquiri town. What would Hemingway say ? I did however find the Tiki Bar there, and started talking Trader Vics, blah blah with that bartender/owner, and he mixed me a Rum concoction that made me forget all about the Daquiri, forget where I was staying, what day it was. Cannot wait to go there again!
It was legit. Even had a scuzzy che looking waiter. 😂