WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I deleted Facebook

Riley1

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about it. Has any else done it?

I deleted years ago and only started another maybe 8 months ago. I thought that I needed to get back on to oppose the other side. I felt that not being on was kinda like succeeding. Then learned that they filter everything for everyone anyway. So done with it.
Quit!
Make it hurt!
Send them a message

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Haven't been on FB in years. I am on instagram which facebook owns but it does seem a little more mellow than FB.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I only have it for my grandkids. I still may get rid of it they don't do much anymore.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Keep it for connect to folks in their 80’s and some other friends. But other sites are picking up: MeWe, Parler, etc...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm here, and Instagram...most the people I "follow" on IG are people I have met through cars, some from 20 years ago. I don't have much family, and the people I knew in HS I've done a good job of avoiding...leave those skeletons in the closet and lock the door.
On my IG, very limited political. I like cars...that's all the world needs to know about me from that view.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Deleted mine and went to Parler but Parler is driving me crazy.....lol

Why is that? I didn’t get past the phone number part to sign up.

HCP3

Reaction score
I have never signed up for it. Nothing to delete. 😀

Last edited:

Dana757

Reaction score
I don't talk politics on any social media for the most part. What comes across a Facebook news feed is a direct result of who's on the friends list. Once you get that sorted it's all good. I use it to keep in contact / reconnect with family and folks from my hometown. And I'm in a few boat and Jeep groups as well. Have met a bunch of 4x4 buddies via Facebook.

RodnJen

Reaction score
No, didn’t delete. My rules are simple, I’m only on FB with people I went to school with and maybe a couple of families in the neighborhood. I don’t talk politics. It’s a platform for me to keep in contact with people I don’t see much anymore. I don’t care how they vote or if they care how I vote.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
It's ok to have a Facebook account, just don't put it on your phone!!!

When you agree to their TOS, you give them access to Everything on your phone...
Kind of a broad analysis but seems plausible.

Me and wifey have a great time Facebooking with our mutual friends and our selves. * yea, I caught that I said facebooking*😡
Yea, the constant ad suggestion are kind of annoying and intrusive but at this point, at least now anyway, I’ll take that giveaway, for now.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Why is that? I didn’t get past the phone number part to sign up.

It is 100% political and I am getting used to it all. I wasn't worried about the phone number as if I don't know you the phone doesn't get answered anyhow.....lol My grandkids arent on FB and most of my family I fired :)

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
No, didn’t delete. My rules are simple, I’m only on FB with people I went to school with and maybe a couple of families in the neighborhood. I don’t talk politics. It’s a platform for me to keep in contact with people I don’t see much anymore. I don’t care how they vote or if they care how I vote.
Interesting.
So you don’t talk politics with your neighbors?
Do you know how your immediate neighbors voted in relation to you?

RodnJen

Reaction score
Interesting.
So you don’t talk politics with your neighbors?
Do you know how your immediate neighbors voted in relation to you?

I don‘t talk politics on FB. Yes, I know how of my neighbors voted.

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don‘t talk politics on FB. Yes, I know how of my neighbors voted.
I don’t post politics on my wall but I have no problem commenting, especially in the one FB group for my area, 50,000 plus peeps.
I also know how my neighbors voted.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I just got a 24 hour restriction notice on Facebook cause I typed “ damn Indians “
Talking about the land lease increase over at riverdaves Facebook Page .
Fuck Facebook

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t have Facebook but I have heard there is a great FB page - RDP face book

I know a few people that dont do RDP website, they only do the RDP FB page.....

dezrtracer

Reaction score
No delete here . Use FB to stay connected with a bunch of buddies and groups . FB to me is supposed to be a way to get away from BS on the news . Just scroll by the BS if you don't like what people say and enjoy your friends .

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I use it for marketplace and that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Only reason I have FB - belong to a bunch of groups (Jeep, Boating etc) and to see pics of family when I am traveling. Try not to engage that often. None of my kids use it :)
Same here. I’m on 3 work related groups, a couple boating related groups and a couple city groups. Any drama with friends get dumped.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Below is a message from the CEO of MeWe. It's turning out to be a very good alternative to Facebook.

***Setting the Record Straight - "FAKE NEWS" about MeWe*** 🤥👎

**MeWe Members and Friends,**

You may have heard rumors going around that MeWe is owned by the Democratic Party, or owned by Facebook, or even that MeWe is owned by China.

**LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT: THESE RUMORS ARE PURE BS!**

**These are all Classic FAKE NEWS stories, likely started by Facebook to trick people.** 😡 They are threatened and are a ridiculously dirty player.

**Here's the TRUTH:** 👇💯

**THE TRUTH:** MeWe is 100% funded by high net worth investors, period. **No affiliation with the Democratic Party, China, or ANY political party or government ever.** 🚫 We've never even been approached by any money suggesting any such affiliation. Of course, we allow all good Americans who are accredited investors to invest if they'd like to. **MeWe is for everyone.** 👍

I'm a registered Libertarian and my politics have not and will never play any role in how MeWe is run. My op-eds in the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post are clear about MeWe. 📰 As are my FOX News interviews. 📺 And I've been interviewed on many other outlets too - CNN, USA Today, BBC, PBS, etc. **MeWe is for all good people of all backgrounds, countries, political views, religious affiliations, etc. This is the American way!** 🇺🇸

Over the years and now once again, rumors are circulating that Facebook has bought MeWe; a rumor intended to discourage FB members from leaving and joining MeWe. 🤦 **This is just another FAKE NEWS charade.** 👎

***Why is Facebook so afraid of MeWe?*** 😨🤔

**Here are some links to the TRUTH - spoken or written by me:** 👇

**1) My Op-Ed in the NY Post - "Why Social Media Censorship is Worse Than Useless"** 🤐

**2) My Op-Ed in the Wall Street Journal - "I Compete With Facebook and it's No Monopoly"** 🥁

**3) My FOX Interview - "Facebook is a Surveillance Company"** 😱

**At MeWe, we are committed to and united in our belief that political censorship has no place in Social Media. 🚫 Principles of Free Speech are the bedrock of well-functioning democracies and of MeWe. Consensus and disagreements amongst good people are encouraged! ❤👍**

**If you see people spreading these false rumors about MeWe, please let them know the TRUTH. MeWe is Social Media Done Right - No Ads, No Political Bias, No Targeting, No BS! 🇺🇸 🌍👍🏽 📢**

**Warm Regards,**

**Mark**

jet496

Reaction score
I permanently deleted mine a week or two ago. Felt good! Social media, along with mainstream media, is brainwashing the masses & I want no part of it.

BONER

Reaction score
I ditched FB a couple years ago and IG sometime around the lockdown. Never looked back. I miss some some stuff like seeing my Marines, the street race videos, the boating vids, trucks / boats for sale, etc. But I gotta tell ya my Wife says something about the fucked up shit she sees, daily. I can only imagine the dumb shit / people that's being posted given the current sitch of the Country.

What a waste of time.

RDP is actually a really good news source. Boats, trucks, hot rods, chicks, guns, videos of previous mentioned, politics, stock market thread / updates, recent news articles, etc. WTF else do you need?

nameisbond

Reaction score
I use it for marketplace. My mom is the only friend that gets political on FB out of 40 or so friends I have there. She's conservative, it doesn't bother me the links she sends.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Haven't been on since September of 2015 couldn't stand all the lies and bullshit sooooo leans to left as far as censorship!!!!

Andy B.

Reaction score
just joined mewe waiting for approval from owner. Only joined to say FU to Facebook rdp is my only social platform . I'm not twitter or anything else.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Deleted FB, messenger and IG about 6 weeks ago. I still have my accounts and my assistant manages the business pages so I felt ok about stepping away. I have FB available on my laptop, but I found after the initial sting I don’t really miss anything. It feels like I opened up so many time slots in my day. I’m way more productive now and have more time to give my kids. I won’t be returning.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about it. Has any else done it?

I deleted years ago and only started another maybe 8 months ago. I thought that I needed to get back on to oppose the other side. I felt that not being on was kinda like succeeding. Then learned that they filter everything for everyone anyway. So done with it.
Quit!
Make it hurt!
Send them a message
You just think you deleted it, you are still in the system

Riley1

Reaction score
You just think you deleted it, you are still in the system
True. It’s deactivated. They are not making money off of me anymore. At least I don’t think they are🤔

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
For the first 5 years before they went total commie I had a rule. If I didn't know you for 20 years you were not invited. I silence all the politics. I'm just on there to see the great things My Family and friends do. It is a simple way for Family to reach many with one click. Nothing more or less.

It has turned into a total shit show in the last few years.
One thing I know. Keep your friends close, keep the enemies closer. I don't have that shitshow on my phone but I do use the M in front the link. It is bizarre how that changes the dynamic of the feed. Try it on your laptop or pc. 😬