WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I didn't see this coming...Kids going hungry when they don't go to school

Starloans

Reaction score
Are there that many families EXTREMELY poor or living on the ragged edge that if their kids stay home from school, they can't afford or won't feed them???? I know there are poor families out there but the libbys push the narrative that it's crises level. The poorest are the ones that need help not the families that won't cut some other optional financial expenditure to overcome a bump in the road. In the story below the LIBTARD shows and says that there are 114K homeless kids in NYC. WTF??? I googled it. According to the Homeless Outreach sites, it's 14K families and 22K kids that are homeless in NYC not 114K. Just REAL fake news to inflame the public.

Goddamit...I'm poor but I can afford a can of soup, bread, PBJ and chips for myself and a couple kids if I had to. THEY WON'T STARVE!!!

I'm sick of this cradle to grave entitlement narrative. Any shortcomings I have is because of MY decisions. No one else's. I don't blame anyone but myself when I make a mistake or don't have a million dollars in the bank. And I don't expect anyone else or the government to make it up to me. This is the greatest country on earth. The opportunities are ENDLESS!!! WTH is wrong with people?

This is a perfect storm for the liberals. Maximize this virus using negative language to extract maximum TAXPAYER money from the government AND get Trump out. It's a GIFT!!! Ok, so I watch too much cable news......

Sunday morning rant off.

39 second video....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9Zq0vYoMWnDbKZYuvUiBhbZx-6-PfTvj

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
my son who works for the school district has to work while everybody is out to deliver the meals for those kids.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I feel bad for those trying to hit the stores today to get stuff for their kids while they are home. We just got back and the shelves are stripped like there was looting.

rrrr

Reaction score
In Dallas, 100% of the students in the public schools get free breakfast and lunch.

In spite of spending about $13,500 per student, the schools continually turn out substandard students. Seniors in high school read at a 10th grade level, and several years ago Algebra II was dropped as a requirement.

The DISD superintendent was hired and let go in the mid 2000s, then rehired in 2015. He receives a pension of $200,000 for the first time around, and just signed a new contract that pays him $490,000 per year.

So I really don't care about free meals, but paying someone that much money to run a failing school system is ridiculous. It's the same all over the country. School administrators suck money out of the system with high salaries and ridiculous pensions, and turn out kids that are in no way prepared to enter life.

The teacher's unions have huge power over Democrat politicians, and one obvious result of that is the opposition to charter schools, while poor minority parents beg for them because their kids are victims of the political muscle the unions hold.

It's a fucked up situation.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Last edited:

The Phantom

Banned
Reaction score
In Dallas, 100% of the students in the public schools get free breakfast and lunch.

In spite of spending about $13,500 per student, the schools continually turn out substandard students. Seniors in high school read at a 10th grade level, and several years ago Algebra II was dropped as a requirement.

The DISD superintendent was hired and let go in the mid 2000s, then rehired in 2015. He receives a pension of $200,000 for the first time around, and just signed a new contract that pays him $490,000 per year.

So I really don't care about free meals, but paying someone that much money to run a failing school system is ridiculous. It's the same all over the country. School administrators suck money out of the system with high salaries and ridiculous pensions, and turn out kids that are in no way prepared to enter life.

The teacher's unions have huge power over Democrat politicians, and one obvious result of that is the opposition to charter schools, while poor minority parents beg for them because their kids are victims of the political muscle the unions hold.

It's a fucked up situation.

Of course it’s never the students fault for not learning.

HotRod82

Reaction score
One of my former customers was a large school district. The amount of food they throw away every single day is alarming. The system is so screwed up, the cafeteria had to stay open Monday through Friday during the summer months to serve food to the kids that were qualified for free lunch and breakfast. Literally no one ever showed up during the summer, so all that food they were required by law to prepare went straight into the trash. I can't imagine not feeding my own kids.......

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yup, that is a huge deal. Free breakfast and lunch for many. It is totally stupid that they can not go to school for fear of them all being together and spreading the virus, but they can all be together to get fed and that somehow is different. Just one of the many handouts that is costing the tax payers millions each year.

yz450mm

Reaction score
One of my former customers was a large school district. The amount of food they throw away every single day is alarming. The system is so screwed up, the cafeteria had to stay open Monday through Friday during the summer months to serve food to the kids that were qualified for free lunch and breakfast. Literally no one ever showed up during the summer, so all that food they were required by law to prepare went straight into the trash. I can't imagine not feeding my own kids.......

That is so far beyond ridiculous, I can't even wrap my head around it. Throwing food away is asinine, there are so many different places that it could be put to good use.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
My mother-in-law worked in an elementary school cafeteria about ten years ago. She said the kids Michelle Obama meals were left half eaten and apples or oranges were routinely tossed in the trash.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Kiddo and I had to get up 45 minutes early so the kids that get free breakfast can eat before the bell. She said most would eat a few bites and throw the rest away.

HotRod82

Reaction score
That is so far beyond ridiculous, I can't even wrap my head around it. Throwing food away is asinine, there are so many different places that it could be put to good use.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

To make this even MORE ridiculous, they were required to throw the food away. If you were caught taking it home or giving it away, you would lose your job because they thought you were stealing it.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
000foodfight.gif

thetub

Reaction score
how dare make them go to school to get their meals...

suprised the Mayor or Newsome did not spear head a meals on wheels program with Caltrans or the local metro to get them their meals to their homes...

this is a disgrace...

hurry Rod get on the bat phone pass a measure for another tax increase... hurry hurry

we need more money its for the kids...

Last edited:

Meaney77

Reaction score
I was surprised by all of this as well when my wife was telling me about it, she is pretty actively involved with our kids school and PTA. She figures with 3 kids going to the same school, we will be there for awhile so she may as well get involved.

You think the food issue is crazy, I was even more surprised to find out that not all kids have access to the internet and therefore the teachers couldn't send the kids home with lap tops or log in info to access assignments online but instead had to make copies of all of the assignments/ lesson plans to send home with the kids.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Yup - The number one question I heard people say was Not - How am I going to keep my kid learning and in school while at home ?

The #1 question I heard was - Who is going to FEED them? !

The reality for a long time has been kids get fed at least one if not many meals and sometimes sent home with snacks. Families have grown dependent on this to the extent that they cannot do it themselves.

I investigated tryring to help families at the office who cant watch their kids right now - even if we could keep them properly distanced we simply cannot because we cant be a resturant concurrently.

UD

RodnJen

Reaction score
how dare make them go to school to get their meals...

suprised the Mayor or Newsome did not spear head a meals on wheels program with Caltrans or the local metro to get them their meals to their homes...

this is a disgrace...

hurry Rod get on the bat phone pass a measure for another tax increase... hurry hurry

we need more money its for the kids...

Don‘t need to pass anything. Qualified kids in my district get a meal every day. Kid must be present, drive through, then off they go. They get two meals during the regular school day.

They don’t have successful parents that paved an easy path.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
How FUCKING low can a parent go by NOT being able to feed their OWN kid and making US, the taxpayer feed them. If one can't feed a kid, keep your fuckstick in your pants and your legs crossed!!!!!! Is it too stinky to use oral sex for these types of people????

Sandlord

Reaction score
How FUCKING low can a parent go by NOT being able to feed their OWN kid and making US, the taxpayer feed them. If one can't feed a kid, keep your fuckstick in your pants and your legs crossed!!!!!! Is it too stinky to use oral sex for these types of people????

Can't afford food.
Spent everything on bassetball shoes and hip-hop clothing

bonesfab

Reaction score
Can't afford food.
Spent everything on bassetball shoes and hip-hop clothing
and the salon and the latest Iphone and the list goes on. oh and don't foget the escalade payment and the payment on the 26"s

KevinR

Reaction score
and how come so many of these parents are quite overweight?

thetub

Reaction score
Don‘t need to pass anything. Qualified kids in my district get a meal every day. Kid must be present, drive through, then off they go. They get two meals during the regular school day.

never fails theres that bitter,chip on his shoulder,cubicle boy, little man or woman creeping out...

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Again, do all the kids on school lunch suddenly die of malnourishment during the summer or do their parents stop buying as much hooch? BTW, white folks drink more hooch than people of color, so it’s not a racial comment. It’s a socio economic comment.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Which two meals do they get in your district?

Curious as to how you may feel about this vs what is happening there.

UD

RodnJen

Reaction score
Which two meals do they get in your district?

Curious as to how you may feel about this vs what is happening there.

UD

Regular day is breakfast and lunch. I get the lunch, not happy about the breakfast. I am more worried about said kids‘ behavior in the classroom. Not all kids that get free meals are a problem. However, most of the problem kids get free meals.

Andy B.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be free anything my parents paid for lunch if I forgot mine!! Like I said in the past if you can't afford to take care of yourself don't bring kid's into the world period!!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There shouldn't be free anything my parents paid for lunch if I forgot mine!! Like I said in the past if you can't afford to take care of yourself don't bring kid's into the world period!!

Way too late for that hoss. Not only to kids get fed multiple meals now for free, it gets paid for by you and I...

Those that pop out these kids get get a better and better deal for each one they have. More kids more tax breaks, more welfare, more food stamps, more entitlements.

People with no kids effectively subsidize those that have them.

I think it should work exactly the opposite of how it does today - I think each kid should cost the parents more and more and people without them should pay the least.

UD

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
Way too late for that hoss. Not only to kids get fed multiple meals now for free, it gets paid for by you and I...

Those that pop out these kids get get a better and better deal for each one they have. More kids more tax breaks, more welfare, more food stamps, more entitlements.

I think it should work exactly the opposite of how it does today - I think each kid should cost the parents more and more and people without them should pay the least.

UD

Just how might that plan look?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Just how might that plan look?

Every school age child dependent get assessed a tax penalty vs the tax break their parents get today.

Shift a majority of the property tax to a dependent tax.
Single people with homes still cover their costs, but not everyone elses along with theirs.
Say it cost 5K for the first kid, per year till they are no longer a dependent.
The second kid costs twice as much10K
Pick a number that equals the property tax as it stands today so the true amount is reflected.

This way those that choose to have kids pay the freight for them - you want a grip of kids - your problem not mine.

It should NOT be less expensive to add dependents.

UD

RodnJen

Reaction score
I get not giving a tax break for having kids. Always felt that was a bit of social engineering by the tax code. Some might argue that it’s to maintain a sufficient birthrate to promote economic growth.

What about public schools? Is an educated and trained society better than the alternative?

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

UD
It's been like that forever, kidless folks paying for abortion and schools and tons of shit they don't or won't use. Even worse is the set of people that live in say San Mateo county who pay fuck loads of taxes but because schools suck so bad they ALSO pay for private school. Talk about a royal fucking.

School food? Just allows way too many deadbeat parents to buy more shit for themselves. If this was not true litterally millions of kids would starve to death EACH SUMMER. There is a perfect a : b test every year. But no, no one looks at that since Democrats have their heart in the right place AND say they only believe facts. Bullshit.

I mean, does the left even pretend to do science anymore??

Sadly, this entire thing is wealth redistribution at it's most basic and open example, yet sheep are totally cool with it. Just like they won't guard our schools with armed guards, and won't create safe quarantine for AT RISK people since that would be mean.

fuck democrats

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I get not giving a tax break for having kids. Always felt that was a bit of social engineering by the tax code. Some might argue that it’s to maintain a sufficient birthrate to promote economic growth.

What about public schools? Is an educated and trained society better than the alternative?

Hard to make the argument we need more people on the planet.

What about public schools?
I agree an educated and trained society is far better than an uneducated one.
I didnt say close them down. Im advocating the people that use them pay for them.
Im happy to pay for what I use.

What about clothes?
What about shelter?

Where does the "what about" stop and personal accountability begin for having children ?

UD

RodnJen

Reaction score
Hard to make the argument we need more people on the planet.

What about public schools?
I agree an educated and trained society is far better than an uneducated one.
I didnt say close them down. Im advocating the people that use them pay for them.
Im happy to pay for what I use.

What about clothes?
What about shelter?

Where does the "what about" stop and personal accountability begin for having children ?

UD

It begins at home. I get it, but respectfully disagree.

I learned something new this year. My daughter is a freshman athlete. She gets a free meal after school if she wants it, before practice. Not sure if this is school-specific or district-wide. We pack her lunch and snacks daily. My guess is a lot of parents don’t.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Danger Daves posted video "Must be Fake News" gives a nice break down on which state is by far & away the leader in giving economic support to the ignorant.......nice job liberal Dems......now we are all on the hook to pay for children, not their fault, born to the ignorant.

Thank you Linden B. Johnson & the Dem party for creating the welfare system in the early 1960's that we know today. Generations, millions & millions have been conditioned & are dependent on the government taking care of them. Let there be no doubt, Johnson & the Dem party knew exactly what they were doing in the 1960's......quelled the civil un rest by paying people, government assistance & then reminding them with political propaganda which party is on their side.

Listen to Biden, he is always working the black community, telling the ignorant that he is their man & the Dem party is their party, straight hustling...............

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

I learned something new this year. My daughter is a freshman athlete. She gets a free meal after school if she wants it, before practice. Not sure if this is school-specific or district-wide. We pack her lunch and snacks daily. My guess is a lot of parents don’t.

Respectful disagreement and manners are the cornerstone of society.

Im not surprised you disagree.

I find that just about everyone with kids feels they should be on the receiving end of nearly limitless government/ public and private largess.

They want priority seating, subsidized meals, education starting earlier and going later, free daycare, free medical, free pre and post natal care, paid time off, and now the children want free ongoing education with very little thought to actually pays these bills.

How is it right to make those that dont consume any of these service pay for those that do?

How do you justify this?

UD

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Danger Daves posted video "Must be Fake News" gives a nice break down on which state is by far & away the leader in giving economic support to the ignorant.......nice job liberal Dems......now we are all on the hook to pay for children, not their fault, born to the ignorant.

Thank you Linden B. Johnson & the Dem party for creating the welfare system in the early 1960's that we know today. Generations, millions & millions have been conditioned & are dependent on the government taking care of them. Let there be no doubt, Johnson & the Dem party knew exactly what they were doing in the 1960's......quelled the civil un rest by paying people, government assistance & then reminding them with political propaganda which party is on their side.

Listen to Biden, he is always working the black community, telling the ignorant that he is their man & the Dem party is their party, straight hustling...............
LBJ, typical liberal democrat, head up his ass and we get to clean up his shit

RodnJen

Reaction score
Respectful disagreement and manners are the cornerstone of society.

Im not surprised you disagree.

I find that just about everyone with kids feels they should be on the receiving end of nearly limitless government/ public and private largess.

They want priority seating, subsidized meals, education starting earlier and going later, free daycare, free medical, free pre and post natal care, paid time off, and now the children want free ongoing education with very little thought to actually pays these bills.

How is it right to make those that dont consume any of these service pay for those that do?

How do you justify this?

UD

You were doing fine until you went sideways in the third sentence. That is your opinion, if not a gross generalization.

Your list of asks is extreme although much of what’s on there are the hallmarks of a wealthy and civilized society, to a degree. And since the United States is experiencing the greatest economy the world has ever seen, surely educated and well cared for children isn’t too much to ask.

Oh, and we all know nothing is free.

Andy B.

Reaction score
You were doing fine until you went sideways in the third sentence. That is your opinion, if not a gross generalization.

Your list of asks is extreme although much of what’s on there are the hallmarks of a wealthy and civilized society, to a degree. And since the United States is experiencing the greatest economy the world has ever seen, surely educated and well cared for children isn’t too much to ask.

and we all know nothing is free.

Yeah nothing is free becuse we the taxpayers foot the bill! Are you realizing this now? You are starting to think like a conservative because all the dems think money grows on trees!!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Why does a kid from a well to do set of parents in the hub of Calif,. Fullerton, deserve a meal, any meal, at school, at tax payers expense.????? WHY WHY WHY??????????????? No Kid in Orange County Calif. should get meals at school, NONE!!!!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Why does a kid from a well to do set of parents in the hub of Calif,. Fullerton, deserve a meal, any meal, at school, at tax payers expense.????? WHY WHY WHY??????????????? No Kid in Orange County Calif. should get meals at school, NONE!!!!
The problem is the hundreds of thousands of illegals in OC. They are taught the day they get here to put there handout for free shit. I see it EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Lets discuss.

Is it extreme to send the bills to those that create them? Wasn't that the principle our country was founded on?

Why am I taxed on others personal choices ?

What in my third sentence and on is incorrect or a gross generalization?

In this great economy parents are experiencing the same boom as people without children so I fail to see why an economic boon erases ones personal accountability.

UD

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Lets say I agree to pay taxes for other citizens children, should I be burdened identically?

OR does some sort of scale start to be reasonable?

Isnt it the very height of unfairness for those that are childless to then pay for others, that at least pay in, but then they also pay for others that pay in nothing in return? (not all immigrants for sure but some )

Just how screwed should the childless be? The childless by choice are getting DOUBLY FUCKED.

What is fair about this in any way shape or form?

UD

RodnJen

Reaction score
Lets say I agree to pay taxes for other citizens children, should I be burdened identically?

OR does some sort of scale start to be reasonable?

Isnt it the very height of unfairness for those that are childless to then pay for others, that at least pay in, but then they also pay for others that pay in nothing in return? (not all immigrants for sure but some )

Just how screwed should the childless be? The childless by choice are getting DOUBLY FUCKED.

What is fair about this in any way shape or form?

UD

First of all, collection of resources, management of risk and allocation of benefit is how we function at a capitalistic society. Not having kids is a personal choice, in many cases. The short answer to your question is "public good". You are not being fucked your are contributing the the public good, which is in your best interest.

By your rational, the entire insurance industry should cease to exist. People would have no coverage and only pay for their mistakes and misfortune. However, we all know managing resources and pooling risk works but it comes at a cost. That cost is spread among all, some more than others. I'm a big fan of having skin in the game but there will always be those that skirt the system. The current tax reform has done nothing to ensure that those on bottom, typically the receiving end, are paying their share or at least something. As for illegals, they shouldn't be here. BUT if they are, they need access to education and healthcare while their here. Again, because in is the best interest of all.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
First of all, collection of resources, management of risk and allocation of benefit is how we function at a capitalistic society. Not having kids is a personal choice, in many cases. The short answer to your question is "public good". You are not being fucked your are contributing the the public good, which is in your best interest.

By your rational, the entire insurance industry should cease to exist. People would have no coverage and only pay for their mistakes and misfortune. However, we all know managing resources and pooling risk works but it comes at a cost. That cost is spread among all, some more than others. I'm a big fan of having skin in the game but there will always be those that skirt the system. The current tax reform has done nothing to ensure that those on bottom, typically the receiving end, are paying their share or at least something. As for illegals, they shouldn't be here. BUT if they are, they need access to education and healthcare while their here. Again, because in is the best interest of all.

"Public good" - defined by whom? Its a slippery slope definition if there ever was one.
"Public good" - as in really good for those with children , but not so good for those without.
That isnt a rationale that is in sync with the concept of liberty.

Didnt Pol Pot kill half of cambodia under the guise of public good?

As much as I dont like paying it the insurance analogy isnt quite accurate.
I have no problem with health insurance as a requirement even, because at some point everyone will use it.

Taking money from people that will never be able to use the service, by justifying it as a social benefit is beyond dubious at best and at worst criminal taxation without representation/ use.

I personally dont even have a problem paying some money for schooling others kids - but to pay at the same rate and MORE than the users without any direct consumption is simply not even remotely fair under anyones definition.

UD