WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I dunno what the hell is wrong with me today..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Been out back machining, and i can barely keep my eyes open.. I drank a road raper cup of iced tea, and nothin.. I'm thinking about heading over to get a barrll of pepsi or something from Am Pm to try n wake up. Gotta do something or I'm gonna lose a finger at the rate I'm going.. LOL

RD

boatnam2

Reaction score
Kinda feeling the same way,but its my 8th 12hour shift in a row plus 3 hours of driving a day i dont think a river full of pepsi is going to get wake me up.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Kinda feeling the same way,but its my 8th 12hour shift in a row plus 3 hours of driving a day i dont think a river full of pepsi is going to get wake me up.

Man do I remember shifts like those. Absolute ass-kickers. 'd always say to myself I was gonna make up for it by sleeping in on my days off, then I wound up working then, too.
When I was on the task force, and had a take-home car, my truck sat in the driveway so long the damn batterys went dead. We bought a new TV and upgraded the A/V reciever/satellite box. Since I was always gone, the store came out to set it up. It took me over a year to figure out the remote.:rolleyes:

You guys both watch yer asses doin' that non-stop work shiznit. Ya never catch up, no matter what kind o line ya tell yerself. Ya got ta pay the piper someday.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Their is a bad ass flu going about,, and I just kicked it.

The first signs were unreasonable fatique,,,, then a few days later a scratchy to sore throat,, with fever,, then a graveyard cough at about 1 week into it.

Lasts 10 to 12 days.

I swore to Alice is was the "Big C" comin' to claim me from her, and all she replied was: "who'll" drive the rv and toys to the river, and back the boat into storage ?"

So much for sympathy.

Mega doses of Advill with NyQuil at nite for the cough and fever.
Viccodin is the only thing that'll bust through the headache.

Or,, point a revolver at your temple, and slowly squeeze off a round.
I felt like doing just that 5 days into it.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

The first signs were unreasonable fatique,,,, then a few days later a scratchy to sore throat,, with fever,, then a graveyard cough at about 1 week into it.

Lasts 10 to 12 days.

I swore to Alice is was the "Big C" comin' to claim me from her, and all she replied was: "who'll" drive the rv and toys to the river, and back the boat into storage ?"

So much for sympathy.

Last weekend when we were at the RoadRunner on Sat. my Father was leaving the dock. I untied him and somehow he started his boat in gear. I pulled his bow rail hard to keep him from hitting the boat in front...all at the same time a boat wake slammed the boat down and the rub rail hit right on top of my left big toe. Holy mother of GOD did that hurt. It might be broke, who knows. A week later it's still jacked. Nail will go for sure. I hobbled over to our boat tied across the dock on the inside and crawled in trying to look tough. No problem.:eek::eek:

Now why do I tell this story...

The very first thing my daughter said (she is 8) was Dad who is going to back the trailer into the water and drive the RV home.

Don't you just feel the love? :D:D

500bbc

Reaction score
It's PMS.

Talk to wifey I'm sure she will commiserate.:beer:lamo:point

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I thought you were at the river this weekend Dave?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Lasts 10 to 12 days.

So much for sympathy.

TPC, I think I got it.. I've felt absolutely sick to my stomach for the last 4 days.. I haven't puked yet, but have been on the verge of it every second of every day. It kind of goes away if I eat a whole bunch of food, but then comes back even worse. I feel like I have motion sickness all the time, and horrible head aches.. I've been poppin pain pills and ant acids etc.. since last thursday. This sucks.

I thought you were at the river this weekend Dave?

Just got back last night? About 1/2 way through the remodel now.

RD

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Man I felt the same way Friday too. Didn't sleep well Thursday night and sleepy all day Friday.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I was sitting at my desk doing some work about 10:30ish, and the next thing I know its 12pm. Thats whats nice about working out of your home, no one notices if you're sleeping on the job :D

boatnam2

Reaction score
day 3 of my 8 day vacation,starting to feel pretty good.I just cant believe what a rotating 12 hour shift does to me. I should really look into doing something else but after doing it for 20 years i guess im stuck until im ready to retire.