WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I feel like RiverDave after China Buffet

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Toilet party tonight…….over 50, you know the drill.
D60548A6-D50D-49F8-AE39-175BDCEA4482.jpeg

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Ask for this instead. Much easier to tolerate. Unfortunately I get to do this every 3 years do to Chrohns.

View attachment 1025680

How is the taste of that stuff? I have one every year and hate the typical prep solution. I can handle the taste to an extent but the volume required of that nasty stuff is too much.

DWC

Reaction score
hope your phone is charged and your TP is top shelf. I’m going in next Thursday. They shipped me the damn kit weeks ago.

wet hull

Reaction score
How is the taste of that stuff? I have one every year and hate the typical prep solution. I can handle the taste to an extent but the volume required of that nasty stuff is too much.
Not good but not horrible. Ice cold water and just chug the 16 oz. After that its just water. Then follow in morning with last 16 oz and more water. Way easier then 1 a day route. They make a pill now as well but never tried.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My preferred method, as i get to do twice a year due to a disease, is buy two bottles of Magnesium Citrate, dulcolax and a styrofoam cup.

Pour a full bottle of MC into styrofoam cup, let sit a few minutes then Chug, takes the bubbles out and goes down way easier. Take two dulcolax then wait an hour take two more and an hour after that drink the second bottle same way as first. Then get wet wipes and prepare to spend a few hours within reach of the throne.

Javajoe

Reaction score
My wife does the pills. She can’t drink that stuff. My Dr says I’m fine and don’t need a prostate exam or C. I’m 54. He’s an idiot. I guess I should push the issue. Wife says I need one. Never had either one yet

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My wife does the pills. She can’t drink that stuff. My Dr says I’m fine and don’t need a prostate exam or C. I’m 54. He’s an idiot. I guess I should push the issue. Wife says I need one. Never had either one yet
At 50 it should be every 5 years for the camera up the pie hole and your prostate should be part of your annual physical.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’ve had the SurePrep (nasty), the Go-Litely (like salt water with a lemon twist, ugh), but the easiest stuff is magnesium citrate poured into a can of 7up, it’s pretty citrusy, but it’s so much better than the other 2. Oh yeah, skip the TP and go straight to the baby wipes - refrigerated, you’ll thank me later. Good luck. 🚽

Javajoe

Reaction score
At 50 it should be every 5 years for the camera up the pie hole and your prostate should be part of your annual physical.
Never had a physical. I need a new doctor. Never had the flu or broken bones or been in the hospital. So busy at work that I’ve put it on the back burner 🤦‍♂️
I don’t even know my blood type 🤷🏻

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m 42 and sure as hell not looking forward to this.

How in the hell are you guys not full clinch when they stick the camera or finger in your ass?

gqchris

Reaction score

How in the hell are you guys not full clinch when they stick the camera or finger in your ass?

Usually you are semi concious with Versed or other drugs, aka you dont remember what happened after. No one can be fullly concious with that procedure that I am aware of!

Reactions: DWC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

They give you the option of semi conscious or knocked the fuck out.
I choose knocked out every time.
They say “here goes” and 3 seconds later it’s nighty night.
I wake up in the recovery room all done and never even know it.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Are you butt chugging this formula?

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Best advice I can offer…don’t hold back a sneeze!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My wants to see my ass in his office every 5 years after the 1st one. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah my first one was a 5 year plan because of 2 precancerous polyps.

I actually waited 6 years cuz I was a little busy.
But the last one doc said it was borderline on whether to go 10 years because even though they cut out 2 more polyps, he said they weren’t anything to be alarmed about.
Oh well, I figure I’ll split the difference and go 7 years or so.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Different Dr. :confused:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How crazy is it that so many of us know exactly what Walt's first post is all about??

Beats the alternative I guess. 👍

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah I had to look twice to make sure that wasn’t a grads post..

Looking Glass

Reaction score
You people, who have NOT had this Life Saving procedure. Do Not let anyone B.S. you. Drinking the Prep is not the best, but in the Big Picture of life:rolleyes: I know a Nurse who has dozens of storiesabout Patients who could have saved so much Grief and their Life, by just doing the Check-Up to determine "IF" you have the most Curable Cancer there is with Early Detection.

There are many worse things in life, suck it up and after 40 I would be getting a Plan.

Reaction score
what's wrong with this test. just shit in a bucket. then stand in line at the parcel post holding your shit in a box. as long as I pass the test good enough for mre...

How To Get Cologuard® | Cologuard® Patient Site | Risk Info

Looking Glass

Reaction score
what's wrong with this test. just shit in a bucket. then stand in line at the parcel post holding your shit in a box. as long as I pass the test good enough for mre...

View attachment 1025779

Maybe - Maybe not. Like Clink asked, Do You Feel Lucky? These "FIT" Tests give you an Idea Of Micro Blood in your Stool, NOT if the Polyups are near Critical. Skip A Rope!!

gqchris

Reaction score
You people, who have NOT had this Life Saving procedure. Do Not let anyone B.S. you. Drinking the Prep is not the best, but in the Big Picture of life:rolleyes: I know a Nurse who has dozens of storiesabout Patients who could have saved so much Grief and their Life, by just doing the Check-Up to determine "IF" you have the most Curable Cancer there is with Early Detection.

There are many worse things in life, suck it up and after 40 I would be getting a Plan.

Im 46 and I cant get my Primary Doc or my insurance to authorize this test for me. So I guess out of pocket is my only option, but again, do I go out of network, private facility? They dont want to offer it to us under 50 guys! Dr. looked at my like I was crazy when I asked.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Im 46 and I cant get my Primary Doc or my insurance to authorize this test for me. So I guess out of pocket is my only option, but again, do I go out of network, private facility? They dont want to offer it to us under 50 guys! Dr. looked at my like I was crazy when I asked.
AMA says 50 unless there is a family history. There is also the annual popsicle stick test that can be done as well, but you really should have the camera at 50. My dad had a history of pollups, they found two at my last one 5 years ago.