WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I feel like RiverDave after China Buffet

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Im 46 and I cant get my Primary Doc or my insurance to authorize this test for me. So I guess out of pocket is my only option, but again, do I go out of network, private facility? They dont want to offer it to us under 50 guys! Dr. looked at my like I was crazy when I asked.

Raise HELL!! these Insurance Companies Disgust me. They Love the Premiums ETC. BUT!!? I have Never heard of any Insurance Bulk at a Colonoscopy. I have read so many places that each year they Lower the Suggested Age. Like in a previous post there is a Company COLOGUARAD (Spelling) that will at least give the Lab an Idea if there is Blood. I think, maybe calling your Insurance directly and say how concerned you are and are not satisfied with youe "Primary"

Your "Peace Of Mind" is Priceless.

Maybe ttime for a Change in Health Car.

Best Of Luck.

DWC

Reaction score
You people, who have NOT had this Life Saving procedure. Do Not let anyone B.S. you. Drinking the Prep is not the best, but in the Big Picture of life:rolleyes: I know a Nurse who has dozens of storiesabout Patients who could have saved so much Grief and their Life, by just doing the Check-Up to determine "IF" you have the most Curable Cancer there is with Early Detection.

There are many worse things in life, suck it up and after 40 I would be getting a Plan.
Agree 100%. The drink isn’t something you want to do often. The toilet time is a pain but the wipes should help. It’s definitely not something that you can wait out.

Chugging begins next Wed.. :oops:
3B1D2964-8690-4F1F-9C77-D1A97E22F01F.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Actually the procedure is easy. One second in the room, the next in recovery. No wonder Michael Jackson liked that Propofol! The prep is the hard part. I fucking hate jello and bullion so I was dying for something to eat. They have FLIR cameras so they need to make a camera that can see through shit!!!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
what's wrong with this test. just shit in a bucket. then stand in line at the parcel post holding your shit in a box. as long as I pass the test good enough for mre...

View attachment 1025779

There’s a little more to it than shiting in a box. My neighbor did it and said next time he’d just take the camera up the ass.😂
He said there was just something wrong with playing with his own dookie.🤮

I don’t know what the hell I did to make it appear as part of your quote🤷‍♀️

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Just a couple things that happened to me, my health plan stopped the stool sample thing in my early 70s, all the ones I had taken were clear, had a blood test about 2 years ago and low RBC, they did colonoscopy ( was awake for this lying on my side and watched it on a screen on the wall interesting} also gave me an endocscopy both were clear, then they had me swallow the pill cam, when the nurse viewed the recording it was cloudy I thought Iam screwed and I was, then the cockroaches gave me another of both scopes waste of time couldnt reach problem area, then they said small surgery for sample of tumor they saw on ct scan sweated all night about surgery they were gonna do in a.m. then they come in and said hey we could get a sample useing ct scan and long needle with small snipper in end outpatient type deal they did this and I went home that day, this after drinking gallons of that crap and not eating for 3 days. I can relate the rest my ordeal if anyone is interested, I mainly wanted to post this to tell folks even if you are clear on scopes you may want to do the stool sample test as well for me this might have been caught earlier and saved some grief, my issue was in small intestine and they dont see this in scopes, sorry for the long winded post.

69 1/2

Reaction score
What ever prep you use, drink it with a straw. SO MUCH EASIER and much less taste.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The prep is by far the worst part. Once they drug you up, there's no more worries. They could drive a truck up your butt and do a three point U turn. You'd wouldn't care.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Worst thing I’ve ever had to do in my 37yrs, go lightly my ass….. then the procedure left me sucking my thumb in the corner. Best part was they told me I’m high risk and need it every other year…. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Interesting timing, I got this in the mail today from United Health Care. Seems better than shitting in a box. 🤷‍♂️
3DBF10E3-33EA-423F-B690-4E952F181EDB.jpeg

I am due for a colonoscopy this year any way, so I probably won’t do it. For fun though, I am going to ask my wife if she will help. Lol

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
Just went thru this 3 days ago. Went with the 24 SUTAB pills. 12 pills and 48 ounces of water night before and morning of. No way around it - it sucks. But when the results come back and all is good - PRICELESS!

BTW - 50 and over is now every 5 years recommended.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Sucks while doing it but afterwards feels good to have the pipe cleaned out nice and the tulips clipped! I can tell you what its like when you don't catch it early, getting a camera up your ass is easy.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Just went thru this 3 days ago. Went with the 24 SUTAB pills. 12 pills and 48 ounces of water night before and morning of. No way around it - it sucks. But when the results come back and all is good - PRICELESS!

BTW - 50 and over is now every 5 years recommended.
My doc said 10. I guess doctors are like posters on here when asked advice. 75 different answers. :p

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I’m 42 and sure as hell not looking forward to this.

How in the hell are you guys not full clinch when they stick the camera or finger in your ass?
I always tell my dr, "Dim the lights, poor me some wine and put Frank on.... you aint gettin this ass till thats done." He swears I'm crazy but my ass is special and each year he gets the distinction of jamming his fist up there so do what I ask bitch.

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I always tell my dr, "Dim the lights, poor me some wine and put Frank on.... you aint gettin this ass till thats done." He swears I'm crazy but my ass is special and each year he gets the distinction of jamming his fist up there so do what I ask bitch.
Always double check he takes his wedding ring off.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Wife told me I asked the doctor, “Jimmy Hoffa still missing?” after mine. Seriously, everybody should get this done. The prep is the worst part, and in the big picture, not that big of a deal.

DWC

Reaction score
Just finished up with my follow up rotor router. The prep is without a doubt the worst. Spent the evening wearing out a path from the toilet to couch. Wife hooked me up with some premium TP and wipes.. ;) It did help that i went with Atkins shakes only yesterday. This one was a couple year break to check progress. Next one isn’t for 5 years so i guess that’s better.
Get those asses checked gentlemen.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I woke up at the end of mine. This was like 6 months ago. I watched the monitor, saw the GoPro on the way out.

• Wow

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I forgot to update everyone on my asshole.......one polyup, non cancerous. Had two on my last one 5 years ago so my colon is improving with age. So for now I am the perfect asshole.

And if anyone is due to get this done soon, spend the $300 and get the Toto ass washer bidet toilet seat ahead of time, your sphincter will thank you as will you septic system without 7000 baby wipes.

DWC

Reaction score
I woke up at the end of mine. This was like 6 months ago. I watched the monitor, saw the GoPro on the way out.
I woke up last time during the esophagus. Woke up choking and gagging. Scared the shit out of me for this. Told the guy to either up the juice of wait til I’m out.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I woke up last time during the esophagus. Woke up choking and gagging. Scared the shit out of me for this. Told the guy to either up the juice of wait til I’m out.
So the ass camera was in your throat? That cant be good.

DWC

Reaction score
I forgot to update everyone on my asshole.......one polyup, non cancerous. Had two on my last one 5 years ago so my colon is improving with age. So for now I am the perfect asshole.

And if anyone is due to get this done soon, spend the $300 and get the Toto ass washer bidet toilet seat ahead of time, your sphincter will thank you as will you septic system without 7000 baby wipes.
Congrats. Gotta love a clean bill of health. The drink and system flush sucks. Waiting for the results to come back isn’t much fun either. The liquid only diet the day before definitely helped.

DWC

Reaction score
So the ass camera was in your throat? That cant be good.
I’m hoping they did the throat first or at least changed cameras. :oops: My esophagus was pretty messed up due to my stellar diet. Put me on Omeprezole and cleared it up.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Congrats. Gotta love a clean bill of health. The drink and system flush sucks. Waiting for the results to come back isn’t much fun either. The liquid only diet the day before definitely helped.
They told me there is pill you can take instead of drinking that gallon of lemon ass, gonna go that route next time.