WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I feel we are on our own in CA

Sherpa

Reaction score
@CoronaChris . . . man, I feel you. Similar shit like this is happening in Huntington Beach more and more. The Cops have always had a 'reputation' here. . .now I wouldn't even consider calling them unless it was real serious, total waste of time. (not to say your situation wasn't serious). My friends house backs up to a 4-way stop sign intersection . . . over the last year there's been people doing those random donuts in their cars for minutes . . . he went and bought a wrist-rocket and got a bunch of steel pachinko balls, put a ladder against his wall, just waiting for them to come back LOL.
Doesn't seem like there's an easy answer to any of this shit nowadays. Homeless is out of control, and the cities just embrace them, re-hab homes popping up everywhere adding to the out of state scum arriving daily, the local city government doesn't want to address shit other than putting in more high-density housing and raising local taxes. It's all a mess.

My neighbor told me there was some facebook page that started here, something like 'take back hb' or some shit, a bunch of 'tough guys' trying to clean-up the city parks and rid the homeless etc. I guess they got enough attention that the cops came to one of their 'meetings' and spoke, talking about what they could/ couldn't do etc. I liked the idea, and even considered attending once (I'm certainly no tough guy) . . . but I think it fizzled out because all the 'rights' that the homeless have.

I guess we're all just 'supposed' to stay inside, lock our doors, and let our cities go to shit, while our local politicians and government sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

lots of great solutions...

pellet guns are quiet compared to a car doing donuts. fire away.........

wrist rockets are silent....... pachinko machine balls work great. I usually save up bearings from changes and when I feel like it,
i torch all the cages open and recover the rollers and balls for slingshot shooting........

The comment about the cops not showing: I too had an incident of the same:

fairly low-key traffic accident from a truck driver in our local home depot parking lot. his trailer caught on my hitch and pulled my truck
into 2 cars. driver refused to provide his ID.....

I called our local cops: dispatch said no way will they come out for a report.......

my reply: okay officer, in 5 minutes please call the fire department, ambulance, and the police because im gonna beat the shit out of this
guy until he stops breathing and then I can get his ID information...... and then I hung up.

cop showed up in 3 minutes....

I apologized in advance and said I had to have a police report for my insurance. nothing became from my call.

the trucking company paid me with their company check double to inflated repair estimate to make me go away. it worked!

--Sherpa

Icky

Reaction score
Every so cal Cop knows “possible gun , gun, or gunshots” is more than likely added for expected faster response.

Pro Tip:
Get four other Neoghbors calling in with same description , now you have better odds
Remember folks, everyone has a phone, real emergencies generates multiple calls

Reality
Correct me if I'm wrong, but had he had his weapon in a holster and stayed on his property, it would not have been considered brandishing.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but had he had his weapon in a holster and stayed on his property, it would not have been considered brandishing.
Correct (in my jurisdiction)
Only problem is “victim’s” statements or witness statements to the contrary

Ring camera at minimum on your front door should prove your (armed homeowner)’s statement

hallett21

Reaction score

Ring camera at minimum on your front door should prove your (armed homeowner)’s statement

I’m still getting cuffed though until you figure out the scene right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

These days i fell a video camera is almost a better idea than a gun. The whole reason I never went CCW was i don't want to take on that responsibility while out in public. I just want to enjoy a nice meal and a couple beers when out not be the guy responsible for the whole joint. I strive to notice and avoid bad situations and get my family away from said trouble before it happens.

Just start recording and be respectful and ask them to leave. make sure you get good views of car and plate.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Our last couple years living in SoCal was dealing with neighbors mariachi parties every weekend till the sun came up. We sometime had to sleep in one of the kids room to get away from it. The Police stopped responding once Covid hit. We finally had to call in about people fighting and it looked like they had a gun to get them to respond. They never did a thing. So glad to be outta that state.

Icky

Reaction score

Should I get a second opinion from a certain fish and game guy 🤣

LowRiver2

Reaction score
These days i fell a video camera is almost a better idea than a gun. The whole reason I never went CCW was i don't want to take on that responsibility while out in public. I just want to enjoy a nice meal and a couple beers when out not be the guy responsible for the whole joint. I strive to notice and avoid bad situations and get my family away from said trouble before it happens.

Just start recording and be respectful and ask them to leave. make sure you get good views of car and plate.

Always try avoid conflict. Makes life easier.

I had to prone out two Burglary suspects at 930pm Sunday night trying to enter my property.
It’s the second time in 7 months at my place.
One was on active parole and lives in downtown LA. Other one lives in Beaumont.
Both unemployed, in a rental car with Kansas plates, meth pipe in the car. Both booked, car impounded.
I’ve posted it’s only going to get worse, and I am now seeing it on and off duty.
I’d retire and move out of state too. I live behind a 7’ gate and 6’ wrought iron 100% around my acre and fools still show up and try to scale it.

Icky

Reaction score

I had to prone out two Burglary suspects at 930pm Sunday night trying to enter my property.
Both unemployed, in a rental car with Kansas plates, meth pipe in the car. Both booked, car impounded.
I’ve posted it’s only going to get worse, and I am now seeing it on and off duty.
I’d retire and move out of state too. I live behind a 7’ gate and 6’ wrought iron 100% around my acre and fools still show up and try to scale it.
#wronghouse

CoronaChris

Reaction score
In the scenario presented here, I’d hope the person would put away said firearm prior to PD arrival
All depends on the circumstances :
Chaos (or lack of it), determines response and tactics

Yes sir, put firearm away before officers arrived. Was nothing but honest with every question officers asked, gun was in holster, and a round was never chambered.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I have heard that "some people" have purchased items like this for pesky vermin of all types.

If you happen to really get into this hobby.

I have also heard that "some people" have converted them to run compressed air bottles, Hi-cap drum mags and homemade solvent traps.

They do have lots of fun uses for the "family".

The most basic of models are about $180ish.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I doubt you can get away with dropping someone in your own house these days, walking out into driveway to confront a crazy person and something going bad, you will be eating Newsom cold lunches for sure.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have heard that "some people" have purchased items like this for pesky vermin of all types.

I have also heard that "some people" have converted them to run compressed air bottles, Hi-cap drum mags and homemade solvent traps.

Another $200 gone.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you dig the classic look.

Umarex makes a M1A1 for $220ish.
But I don't know if you can mod it.

My daughter is learning with the semi auto Umarex MP5. It’s nice but full auto would be fun.
C4F3EF4D-C91D-4E11-A57D-11B3D0264352.png

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I visited California over the weekend. What's up with all indoor dining being closed. Restrooms closed. I have to eat outside at a dirty table and can't use the RR to wash my hands. I'm not use to living this way but at least the locals are nice enough to tell me right away of any rule I'm breaking. I seemed to cause a lot of trouble during my stay. I don't want to burden those folks so I won't be going back.

Just spent 2 weeks in Moreno Valley.
Felt like 3rd world.
Walmart packed, across the way an LA Fitness and a slew of resteraunts boarded up. Tents set up in the fucking parking lots. and as you said, everyone gladly going along like fucking zombies.
Stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.

rrrr

Reaction score
I doubt you can get away with dropping someone in your own house these days, walking out into driveway to confront a crazy person and something going bad, you will be eating Newsom cold lunches for sure.

I often toss out comments like "If you lived in Texas, you could...". It probably sounds like taunting, and I shouldn't do that. But regarding the use of deadly force, Texas is the place to be if you wish to defend yourself, your loved ones, and your property.

As @Shlbyntro stated above, in this state the use of deadly force to defend yourself while you and the perpetrator are on your property is legal if you feel your life is in imminent danger. That doesn't mean you won't be scrutinized afterward, and the facts had better line up with your story. If someone you know and have been publicly threatening or arguing with is shot in your kitchen, there has to be evidentiary proof a threat from him existed. He has to have been threatening you, be armed, a door broken down, or similar actions taken. You don't get a freebie.

It's different after nightfall. You are legally allowed to protect yourself as well as defend your property from theft or damage, and the deadly force can be used while the perpetrator is fleeing, even if he has run into your neighbor's yard or the parking lot of your apartment complex. If you see someone that has broken into your car from a second story window and he is running with your subwoofer box, shooting him dead from from that vantage point is legal.

But these actions must fit the criteria for legal use of deadly force. Before you are faced with a possible deadly force situation, it's obviously prudent to familiarize yourself with the law and visualize the scenarios in which it might be used. The time to think about the law and under what circumstances a legal shot can be taken is before you are faced with the situation. Many people that thought they were acting legally are now sitting in a Texas prison because they allowed their emotions to take the shot instead of the facts.

I'm confident if I ever fire a gun at someone it's going to be judged a legally justified action. There are nuances that I must be aware of. I can shoot someone in the back and kill them if they are running from my vehicle with my property, but only if it's after nightfall. If I take that same shot in the daytime, I'm guilty of murder. I can shoot and kill someone that has attacked me in my front yard during daylight hours, but if they flee into the street and I take the shot, I'm guilty of murder. If the attacker is in the street, but turns and points a gun at me, I can legally take the shot.

Carrying a firearm is also carrying responsibility. The old saying "If you pull out a gun, you had better be prepared to use it" is absolutely valid, and you only have a moment to do so. When I'm carrying, I operate at a different level of awareness. There won't be a second chance.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Say nothing.
Post nothing.
Deal with it how you see fit.
Go back home.
Pellet rifle, side windows imploding gets my vote.
Clear message sent.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Crossbows are quieter...

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
You homos get one dipshit up there and making noise, doing stupid shit, and the whole neighborhood is falling apart...😂😂😂 Foothill and Lincoln is a chill area up there. Unfortunately here lately seems there is just a few petty dipshits running around being stupid. I just think it's in our face more now with social media. Pole Tickle and the boys need to keep there hood shit up there...😂

Spectra18

Reaction score
Just called the cops for some dick knob playing his stereo loud for over an hour now directly behind my house, can’t get any sleep because of the bass. Dispatch says sorry we do not respond to those kinds of calls anymore. Told the officer I will take care of it myself and she says she doesn’t recommend that. No shit, that’s why I called you.

Rewind to last Saturday night we had a complete looney bird driving through the neighborhood blaring his horn and doing donuts in our culdesac for at least 10-15 minutes straight. I mean honking his horn for 2-3 minutes at a time waking up the entire neighborhood while doing burnouts. I think 3 neighbors called 911 due to him almost wrecking into parked cars. I went outside with my 9mm and confronted the asshole, never pointed at him or pulled it just had it in my front pocket for safety. He saw my gun and called the cops on me, I got laid out and placed in handcuffs for defending my property, neighbors and family. Never left my property, stayed in my driveway. For fucks sake we are in a world of shit lately. Turns out the guy is an ex boyfriend of my next door neighbor and was a total domestic dispute. Fucking guy is bat shit crazy. They let him go and I get detained for well over 45 minutes in cuffs while the officers run my info. End up bullshitting about havasu, hot rods, harleys and boating with the officers. Fucking pissed these shit heads get away with murder and the law abiding citizens get fucked. Rant over. Good night.

i worry about the day a cop gives me a ticket for not wearing a MASK. I talk shit about his balls when it came to his mayor , BLM, and antifa. He slams me to the ground.

SnoC653

Reaction score
I hate to say it but having a firearm exposed during a confrontation is illegal just about everywhere. In Colorado if you confront someone and have a firearm exposed it is usually considered felony menacing.

In concealed carry training they talk about the importance of making sure you are fully
Concealed at all times. If you find yourself in a confrontation with someone and you are “printing” (the shape of the gun can be seen through your clothing) or you draw your weapon and it was considered an intimidation tactic you will be charged with a felony.

If local law enforcement is unable to assist with nuisance calls I’d figure out a way to just let it go or find a way to convince them it’s more than just a nuisance. In the case of the person blasting music in the middle of the night you should mention that they are having a party and not following COVID guidelines, in the case of the car issue you could have mentioned that the person is driving recklessly and you’re concerned they’re going to crash into someone’s home. These days you just need to be more creative with what you say to dispatchers, taking the law into your own hands will only result in you ending up on the wrong side of the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually it depends on the state you are in. Open carry is only illegal in a few states. I have a concealed carry permit but usually still leave one on my hip even if the other one is totally concealed. Had a run in with a cop that tried to give me grief for unsnapping the safe strap when a meth'd up punk was getting stupid. He accused me of menacing since I unsnapped. I told him, his weapon was unsnapped and he had his hand on it when he walked up. He said he was trained and was protecting himself since he was responding to a possible weapon call. (I called them btw). I explained that I was also very well trained and that is why my weapon was unsnapped. When the man became a threat to my safety, I had a right to be prepared should my need to defend myself rise to the level of using my weapon. He was almost as stupid as the punk on meth, but I got it sorted out with the city attorney the next day, and no I did not get cuffed or taken in, who then called the chief to have him explain the law to his officer.
The stand your ground laws have come about because some twinkies think you should run away if you have a chance to.

If you want to walk out of your house in full body armor with a rifle over your shoulder you should be able to. If someone is doing something stupid and gets nervous and calls the law they should not being doing whatever it was they were doing. There is a cure for stupid and it is usually weighed in grains.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My street has a good amount of LEO as well, when something happens they seem to stay inside and don't want to get involved when off duty.:rolleyes:
I can't say I blame them...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

DLC

Reaction score
You guys need to have your plant gun already, after you cap his ass you plant the gun in his hand! Stick a roll of TP in his shirt so its armed robbery......

lol

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Sounds kind of like the Guardian Angels in New York in the 70's and 80's. They were there to clean up the trash, and protect the citizens. Although I remember they always wore a red beret. View attachment 963899

Sent From Tapatalk
I listen to a radio podcast every day out of New York and the founder of the Angels is on it. He is a nut. I love listening to him.
8FEE59C9-1E6B-456B-9C34-336AF6739E01.png

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Just spent 2 weeks in Moreno Valley.
Felt like 3rd world.
Walmart packed, across the way an LA Fitness and a slew of resteraunts boarded up. Tents set up in the fucking parking lots. and as you said, everyone gladly going along like fucking zombies.
Stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.
I did warn you it’s a shithole😂

nowski

Reaction score
Say nothing.
Post nothing.
Deal with it how you see fit.
Go back home.
Pellet rifle, side windows imploding gets my vote.
Clear message sent.

Best part of a broken window is the guy would think it was broken by his loud music, is it live or is it Memorex???

BTW it was so windy the other day I saw whitecaps in Eliminators pool...

Last edited:

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You homos get one dipshit up there and making noise, doing stupid shit, and the whole neighborhood is falling apart...😂😂😂 Foothill and Lincoln is a chill area up there. Unfortunately here lately seems there is just a few petty dipshits running around being stupid. I just think it's in our face more now with social media. Pole Tickle and the boys need to keep there hood shit up there...😂

Probably one of your boys or there vaper drift friends...haha

Let me guess a Nissan 240 or scion frs :D

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Thats unreal.... I saw your pic of that fence.... insane that idiots are actually climbing that fence, I'm sure barbed wire is out of the question due to esthetics but damn. What area do you live in again?

Sherpa

Reaction score

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thats unreal.... I saw your pic of that fence.... insane that idiots are actually climbing that fence, I'm sure barbed wire is out of the question due to esthetics but damn. What area do you live in again?
La Habra Heights
82C2BF8F-8E15-4413-A9A6-9A7B7B431237.jpeg
335535E1-B19B-491B-BCF3-DE997AF9BB90.jpeg
8108C621-D266-4803-A685-91BB09F57E3D.jpeg

I know who they are now: Pic shows female taking my alarm co. Sign and putting it in her car: She told Deputies they never got out of the car......wrong
An 870 does wonders to make people stop what they’re doing...

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Probably one of your boys or there vaper drift friends...haha

Let me guess a Nissan 240 or scion frs :D
Lol..... dummy has 2 - 240s now and his Z. I keep telling him we need to get a muscle car or something. He likes his gay ass JDM shit too much...lame. My younger one wants an older car. There's hope. 😂

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
La Habra Heights
View attachment 964617 View attachment 964618 View attachment 964619
I know who they are now: Pic shows female taking my alarm co. Sign and putting it in her car: She told Deputies they never got out of the car......wrong
An 870 does wonders to make people stop what they’re doing...
No shit.... man I am so out of the loop on these things.... if it weren't for this site I'd never know folks just 30-45 min from me had people doing this crap. No wonder so many guys on here are gearing up to protect their families. So sorry to see this. Well, due to your profession you know what you can/ can't do legally. Stay smart and good luck.