WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I feel we are on our own in CA

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Just called the cops for some dick knob playing his stereo loud for over an hour now directly behind my house, can’t get any sleep because of the bass. Dispatch says sorry we do not respond to those kinds of calls anymore. Told the officer I will take care of it myself and she says she doesn’t recommend that. No shit, that’s why I called you.

Rewind to last Saturday night we had a complete looney bird driving through the neighborhood blaring his horn and doing donuts in our culdesac for at least 10-15 minutes straight. I mean honking his horn for 2-3 minutes at a time waking up the entire neighborhood while doing burnouts. I think 3 neighbors called 911 due to him almost wrecking into parked cars. I went outside with my 9mm and confronted the asshole, never pointed at him or pulled it just had it in my front pocket for safety. He saw my gun and called the cops on me, I got laid out and placed in handcuffs for defending my property, neighbors and family. Never left my property, stayed in my driveway. For fucks sake we are in a world of shit lately. Turns out the guy is an ex boyfriend of my next door neighbor and was a total domestic dispute. Fucking guy is bat shit crazy. They let him go and I get detained for well over 45 minutes in cuffs while the officers run my info. End up bullshitting about havasu, hot rods, harleys and boating with the officers. Fucking pissed these shit heads get away with murder and the law abiding citizens get fucked. Rant over. Good night.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Approach a guy with a gun for doing donuts. Lol. Over react much? Then cry you got laid out? What did you expect?

the way cops get treated now a days I dont blame them for not doing what we used to expect. Fuck California.

Icky

Reaction score
The take away from this is you need a pellet gun. I'm pretty sure they can't trace those back to you 🤣🤣🤣

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I visited California over the weekend. What's up with all indoor dining being closed. Restrooms closed. I have to eat outside at a dirty table and can't use the RR to wash my hands. I'm not use to living this way but at least the locals are nice enough to tell me right away of any rule I'm breaking. I seemed to cause a lot of trouble during my stay. I don't want to burden those folks so I won't be going back.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I visited California over the weekend. What's up with all indoor dining being closed. Restrooms closed. I have to eat outside at a dirty table and can't use the RR to wash my hands. I'm not use to living this way but at least the locals are nice enough to tell me right away of any rule I'm breaking. I seemed to cause a lot of trouble during my stay. I don't want to burden those folks so I won't be going back.
Good thing with all the lack of hygiene a lot more people can become sick and keep the hospitals over whelmed . Fucking stupid they close bathrooms

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Approach a guy with a gun for doing donuts. Lol. Over react much? Then cry you got laid out? What did you expect?

the way cops get treated now a days I dont blame them for not doing what we used to expect. Fuck California.
[/QUOTE

Never approached the guy, was on my property armed for my safety. Wished you could have seen what was going on before hand. All the neighbors were outside and he came racing back into our culdesac and jumped out of his car and started threatening and challenging us to a fight. Must have seen my gun and got back into his car and called the police on me after we already called the police on him. Would rather have protection on me than not. Gun never left my pocket. To many crazies out there with the release of so many criminals lately.

Totally on the cops side never cried once told the officers when I was in cuffs how much we appreciate them. Just sucks this asshole causing all the disturbance got to leave without even a citation.

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Brandishing is actually a big deal. If you’re going to show it you better be ready to use it.

Never brandished, stayed in my front pocket. To me brandishing means waving my weapon around or pointing it at the guy. Never did just had it on my person because I had no idea what was going on. I felt much safer having it than not. That’s all.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I hate to say it but having a firearm exposed during a confrontation is illegal just about everywhere. In Colorado if you confront someone and have a firearm exposed it is usually considered felony menacing.

In concealed carry training they talk about the importance of making sure you are fully
Concealed at all times. If you find yourself in a confrontation with someone and you are “printing” (the shape of the gun can be seen through your clothing) or you draw your weapon and it was considered an intimidation tactic you will be charged with a felony.

If local law enforcement is unable to assist with nuisance calls I’d figure out a way to just let it go or find a way to convince them it’s more than just a nuisance. In the case of the person blasting music in the middle of the night you should mention that they are having a party and not following COVID guidelines, in the case of the car issue you could have mentioned that the person is driving recklessly and you’re concerned they’re going to crash into someone’s home. These days you just need to be more creative with what you say to dispatchers, taking the law into your own hands will only result in you ending up on the wrong side of the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
There’s been a lot of that going on lately on Lincoln. Luckily for us, our street is lined with LEO and that kind of shit doesn’t go down.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I hate to say it but having a firearm exposed during a confrontation is illegal just about everywhere. In Colorado if you confront someone and have a firearm exposed it is usually considered felony menacing.

In concealed carry training they talk about the importance of making sure you are fully
Concealed at all times. If you find yourself in a confrontation with someone and you are “printing” (the shape of the gun can be seen through your clothing) or you draw your weapon and it was considered an intimidation tactic you will be charged with a felony.

If local law enforcement is unable to assist with nuisance calls I’d figure out a way to just let it go or find a way to convince them it’s more than just a nuisance. In the case of the person blasting music in the middle of the night you should mention that they are having a party and not following COVID guidelines, in the case of the car issue you could have mentioned that the person is driving recklessly and you’re concerned they’re going to crash into someone’s home. These days you just need to be more creative with what you say to dispatchers, taking the law into your own hands will only result in you ending up on the wrong side of the law.

"Hello, 911? I think I heard gun shots coming from the car".

Reminds me of this old joke:

An elderly man was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. He opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?"

He said, "No, but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me!"

Then the police dispatcher said, "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot and killed them both, the dogs are eating them right now," and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the policemen said to the man, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

He replied, "I thought you said there was nobody available?”

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

OFF SUBJECT!!!

RvrLuvr I thought of you several days ago when watching a Video of a "DUMP" I had never seen before. This thing is so :Cool" and practical, but I had never seen one before.
It's called a "TIP BANDIT" Dump Truck that has a "BOX" that rotates 180 degrees I was so facinated with how practical and useful it looks.

Sorry ,I am Not that Savvy to post Pictures, Maybe Ritchie can rescue me.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

In Texas you would be covered by the open carry statute so long as you have a License to Carry.

Here, to unholster or unstrap and make like youre going to unholster the weapon is considered use of force and is only legal in direct response to force. To point it is considered use of deadly force and it better be in response to an immediate threat of life or safety. (After dusk and on your property, the threat is automatically assumed by law) but only if he is on your property as well

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
"Hello, 911? I think I heard gun shots coming from the car".

Reminds me of this old joke:

An elderly man was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. He opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?"

He said, "No, but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me!"

Then the police dispatcher said, "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot and killed them both, the dogs are eating them right now," and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the policemen said to the man, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

He replied, "I thought you said there was nobody available?”

thats funny. Gotta remember that one

wash11

Reaction score
Anyone else miss the days when you could just beat a guys eye shut while getting your point across and once they received the message you both went on about your business, sometimes even ending with an apology and a handshake?

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Anyone else miss the days when you could just beat a guys eye shut while getting your point across and once they received the message you both went on about your business, sometimes even ending with an apology and a handshake?

The good ole days where a fist fight would just end there with no jail time. Miss those days.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@CoronaChris . . . man, I feel you. Similar shit like this is happening in Huntington Beach more and more. The Cops have always had a 'reputation' here. . .now I wouldn't even consider calling them unless it was real serious, total waste of time. (not to say your situation wasn't serious). My friends house backs up to a 4-way stop sign intersection . . . over the last year there's been people doing those random donuts in their cars for minutes . . . he went and bought a wrist-rocket and got a bunch of steel pachinko balls, put a ladder against his wall, just waiting for them to come back LOL.
Doesn't seem like there's an easy answer to any of this shit nowadays. Homeless is out of control, and the cities just embrace them, re-hab homes popping up everywhere adding to the out of state scum arriving daily, the local city government doesn't want to address shit other than putting in more high-density housing and raising local taxes. It's all a mess.

My neighbor told me there was some facebook page that started here, something like 'take back hb' or some shit, a bunch of 'tough guys' trying to clean-up the city parks and rid the homeless etc. I guess they got enough attention that the cops came to one of their 'meetings' and spoke, talking about what they could/ couldn't do etc. I liked the idea, and even considered attending once (I'm certainly no tough guy) . . . but I think it fizzled out because all the 'rights' that the homeless have.

I guess we're all just 'supposed' to stay inside, lock our doors, and let our cities go to shit, while our local politicians and government sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

Andy B.

Reaction score
@CoronaChris . . . man, I feel you. Similar shit like this is happening in Huntington Beach more and more. The Cops have always had a 'reputation' here. . .now I wouldn't even consider calling them unless it was real serious, total waste of time. (not to say your situation wasn't serious). My friends house backs up to a 4-way stop sign intersection . . . over the last year there's been people doing those random donuts in their cars for minutes . . . he went and bought a wrist-rocket and got a bunch of steel pachinko balls, put a ladder against his wall, just waiting for them to come back LOL.
Doesn't seem like there's an easy answer to any of this shit nowadays. Homeless is out of control, and the cities just embrace them, re-hab homes popping up everywhere adding to the out of state scum arriving daily, the local city government doesn't want to address shit other than putting in more high-density housing and raising local taxes. It's all a mess.

My neighbor told me there was some facebook page that started here, something like 'take back hb' or some shit, a bunch of 'tough guys' trying to clean-up the city parks and rid the homeless etc. I guess they got enough attention that the cops came to one of their 'meetings' and spoke, talking about what they could/ couldn't do etc. I liked the idea, and even considered attending once (I'm certainly no tough guy) . . . but I think it fizzled out because all the 'rights' that the homeless have.

I guess we're all just 'supposed' to stay inside, lock out doors, and let our cities go to shit, while our local politicians and government sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

Welcome to the liberial new world order!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
@CoronaChris My neighbor told me there was some facebook page that started here, something like 'take back hb' or some shit, a bunch of 'tough guys' trying to clean-up the city parks and rid the homeless etc. I guess they got enough attention that the cops came to one of their 'meetings' and spoke, talking about what they could/ couldn't do etc. I liked the idea, and even considered attending once (I'm certainly no tough guy) . . . but I think it fizzled out because all the 'rights' that the homeless have.

I guess we're all just 'supposed' to stay inside, lock our doors, and let our cities go to shit, while our local politicians and government sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

Sounds kind of like the Guardian Angels in New York in the 70's and 80's. They were there to clean up the trash, and protect the citizens. Although I remember they always wore a red beret.
Screenshot_20210120-073006_Google.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Wife would leave tomorrow I’m to invested with business here in Ca to do that. Looking to open a store in Tempe with the intentions of moving to Peoria some day. Covid has delayed the Tempe location.
FYI - The Phoenix area is basically California 2.0. If your looking to get away from all the Fucktards then Phoenix is probably not the answer!

Cdog

Reaction score

Project mayhem dude. Fuck shit up.

Cdog

Reaction score
FYI - The Phoenix area is basically California 2.0. If your looking to get away from all the Fucktards then Phoenix is probably not the answer!

At least here you can have a suppressed 22 and take the guys tires out.

floatn turd

Reaction score
My 2 worthless cents:

I would embellish your 911 call a little.
Throw in a couple "extras" like:

Gun shots
Children screaming
Explosions
Trump flags and white people

That'll put some spring in their step.
😉

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Had multiple run ins with violent mentally transients in riverside years ago. RPD told me directly that more and more are handling these things themselves. I believe He was referring to old fashioned ass beatings.

Glad I packed up the business and bailed from that shithole.

Last edited:

jet496

Reaction score
What, you were actually allowed to eat outside on a table? That's illegal in these parts LOL. But we went to our local Mexican joint to order some take out last night & noticed one guy in there eating. We asked them if we could too & he said of course. We ate inside a shitty Mexican joint & felt like royalty.

You can't make this shit up.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I guess things are different here in Camarillo. A buddy got arrested for playing his music to loud. Went to jail the whole nine yards. Granted it was probably the 10th time the cops showed up at his house.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Every so cal Cop knows “possible gun , gun, or gunshots” is more than likely added for expected faster response.

Pro Tip:
Get four other Neoghbors calling in with same description , now you have better odds
Remember folks, everyone has a phone, real emergencies generates multiple calls

Reality

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
So I knew someone that had to deal with a loud neighbor. He would go into the backyard, shoot his shotgun at the grass once, then call the cops that shots were fired. Cops came within 3-5 minutes and the noise was shut down.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Time to buy an unregistered beat to shit 1978 ford f250 off craigslist and a Danny Trejo mask.

Next time just ram the crap out of the car and then ditch it off one of the fire roads. I doubt the cops will be interested in the call :D

Things are definitely going to get worse and we live in a great area. LE has been handcuffed by there superiors that are being handcuffed by politicians.

I'm seriously considering a move....Aside from friends and family not much is keeping me here anymore. I feel like the exodous will become worse why not sell and upgrade while still possible.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
There’s been a lot of that going on lately on Lincoln. Luckily for us, our street is lined with LEO and that kind of shit doesn’t go down.
My street has a good amount of LEO as well, when something happens they seem to stay inside and don't want to get involved when off duty.:rolleyes:

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Time to buy an unregistered beat to shit 1978 ford f250 off craigslist and a Danny Trejo mask.

Next time just ram the crap out of the car and then ditch it off one of the fire roads. I doubt the cops will be interested in the call :D

Things are definitely going to get worse and we live in a great area. LE has been handcuffed by there superiors that are being handcuffed by politicians.

I'm seriously considering a move....Aside from friends and family not much is keeping me here anymore. I feel like the exodous will become worse why not sell and upgrade while still possible.

What area of Corona are you in? Foothill and Lincoln seems pretty nice and quiet when I drive through there. We're off Ridgeline and Green River.

Wife and I are 30 and 32... we're already looking to buy in another state but are most likely stuck with the "primary residence" in CA. We'll work remotely more and more.

Maybe a few nicely placed golf ball+ size rock tosses over the side gate would have ended this?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

Where to?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
So I knew someone that had to deal with a loud neighbor. He would go into the backyard, shoot his shotgun at the grass once, then call the cops that shots were fired. Cops came within 3-5 minutes and the noise was shut down.
Works with a paintball marker set on full auto too, except no phone call required.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What area of Corona are you in? Foothill and Lincoln seems pretty nice and quiet when I drive through there. We're off Ridgeline and Green River.

Wife and I are 30 and 32... we're already looking to buy in another state but are most likely stuck with the "primary residence" in CA. We'll work remotely more and more.

Maybe a few nicely placed golf ball+ size rock tosses over the side gate would have ended this?

Lincoln/Foothill (off high grove)

Were tucked pretty high up a street that dead ends and a couple streets off foothill so we don't get much noise. Absolutely love the neighborhood and neighbors it's the only thing that really effects my thinking about moving.