WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I go to open the garage door at the lake…

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Hell no.

FB04547C-AE01-4D14-B078-335D5BB4CE9F.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
😂
Yep, walk on by, garage door opener through the front you go!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Had a few as pets. They actually get to know you in a way like a pet rat would. We would walk around the hood scaring all the girls. Good times.

Weird fucking bug. They don't have any idea how big they are. Not afraid of humans one bit. They like eating cockroaches, good to have around.

rrrr

Reaction score
One weekend when my son was six and on his visit with me (I was divorced from the Wicked Witch of the North and living in another city) we came across a good sized tarantula and captured it. He was excited to have such a creepy thing in his possession. He wanted to call his mom and tell her about it, and before I dialed her, I coached him just a little on what to say. 😁

He told her he wanted to keep it and was going to bring it home on the plane. Even though he was holding the phone close to his ear, I easily heard the heartless bitch almost scream "You are NOT bringing that home! Let me talk to your father!"

I took the phone, and she went off on a rant that was really psycho. Even with her long history of bitching me out, this one was a classic. I assured her it wouldn't happen, just purring smoothly into the phone so she would lower her guard.

After we hung up, the kid and I headed for the mall. In the toy store, we found a remarkably faithful rubber replica of a tarantula. Cha-ching! When we got home, I coached him how he needed to hold the rubber spider behind his back when he got off the plane, so his mom wouldn't see it until he got close to her. We practiced the move where he would whip it out from behind his back and shove it into her face.

It takes 55 minutes for a Southwest flight to travel from Dallas to Houston. After the kid boarded the plane, they shut the door and it taxied away. I got my car from the parking garage, and headed back to Plano. It took 45 minutes to get home, and about 20 minutes after that, I swear to God I heard the scream that came from the South. Squawking loudly, birds flew out of the trees, and dogs started barking.

When I got the phone call, I had to hold it six inches from my ear. I could hardly understand the shrieking, but it was pretty clear she was pissed off at me. I was biting my tongue trying to keep from busting out in laughter.

I was proud of the boy, he played it perfectly. 😇

😂

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My son has a red knee and some other weird black one. They are expensive

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Those eat the bugs that scorpions like. If you have one or two around you won't have nearly the problems with scorpions. Used to find two or three a year around the house. I'd scoop them up and go deposit them in the landscaping.

azsunfun

Reaction score
dont knock them down xo skeletin, fall will could them, your pic is the first i have seen of one this year, love the little guys , thats better than those australian ones.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I remember camping at lake McClure one year during tarantula mating season, the things were all over the campground, especially the roads. My brother took one home as a pet... harmless.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I grew up in Brea, CA backed up to the oil fields. A bunch of my childhood was messing around in those oil fields, hiking up to the defunct NIKE missile site, being chassed by Shell Oil assholes shooting rock salt ammo at us. Good times.

http://www.themilitarystandard.com/missile/nike/sites/la-29-l.php

Cool thing about living backed up to no mans land was the critters and the occasional bonsai run back there in my XR75 or YZ100.
I could scoop up a Tarantula a day if we all wanted.