WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I got an itch for the Hole…

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Jackson Hole that is 😛

Looking to pop my Wyoming cherry this winter with three of my good friends. Figured somebody here could drop some knowledge on JH Resort and the Teton Village.

As much as I’d love to head up to Grand Targhee, it’s just not in the cards for our first time.

Damn snowboarding dreams have already started…

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Jackson hole is expensive AF. We did a day trip there during the summer when stying in YellowStone last year. We had a good time, and it has beautiful scenery. I’m sure it’s a great place to ski, but no thank you. One and done for us.

Reactions: DWC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Im within 100 miles of Jackson hole every 2 weeks.
It’s cold as fuck all winter. 2* right now
Daytimes might hit 20’s,
When I skied a lot the temps didnt matter to me, but it’s something to think about when planning your dates.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've stayed in Teton Village and also in Jackson. If you stay in Teton Village you'll pretty much be hanging out at the Mangy Moose at night and that's about it. There is much more night life in Jackson it's a cute town and there's more to do with more options. And yes, it's really expensive.

I'm going up to Tahoe next week to ski Palisades (squaw).. I just don't like the idea of staying on the mountain with nothing around to do at night. All depends on what you're looking for.

DaveH

Reaction score
Jackson Hope that is 😛

Looking to pop my Wyoming cherry this winter with three of my good friends. Figured somebody here could drop some knowledge on JH Resort and the Teton Village.

As much as I’d love to head up to Grand Targhee, it’s just not in the cards for our first time.

Damn snowboarding dreams have already started…
used to go there skiiing. stayed in town and on the mountain.

do yourself a favor and gp to grand targhee........they get snow more consistently and it less crowded then JHMR. phenomenal place to ski......jackson is killer to when they get snow.....just not as much as targhee. at targhee you will fell like there is you and 10 other people on the entire mountain, and great terrain.

lodging is expensive but what mountain ski resort isn't expensive nowadays. mangy moose and million dollar cowboy are the two must visit spots.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Beautiful and difficult mountain. Not for the faint of heart. Sure there are plenty of groomers and stuff for everyone but if you venture off trail, know what you are doing or you could find yourself in a sketchy spot in no time. Oh, and did anyone tell you it's expensive as hell.....😃

Go have fun!

white tortilla

Reaction score
I have family that lives there and I go every year up there. Spent a lot of time up there in the summer when i was younger. Unfortunately what used to be a great little mountain town has turned into a circus. Way expensive, tons of traffic and visitors who act like assholes. But still an amazing place to visit despite the growth.

I always stay with relatives so it makes it a lot easier for lodging and getting a car.

If its just about boarding, i would stay at Teton village, you can walk to the lift, back to the room, to food, etc. Parking in the morning is a PITA if your coming from town and the snow is decent. If your going to JH to enjoy food, drinks, the scenery and have different activities you wantto do other then a focus on skiing/boarding then id stay in town near the square. Lots of nice little boutique hotels.

Icky

Reaction score
We did white water rafting there earlier in the year. I'm sure it's too cold for that now.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I've stayed in Teton Village and also in Jackson. If you stay in Teton Village you'll pretty much be hanging out at the Mangy Moose at night and that's about it. There is much more night life in Jackson it's a cute town and there's more to do with more options. And yes, it's really expensive.

I'm going up to Tahoe next week to ski Palisades (squaw).. I just don't like the idea of staying on the mountain with nothing around to do at night. All depends on what you're looking for.

I dove pretty deep into JH last night and your sentiment hits the nail on the head. We’re looking for good food and nightlife after riding but also prefer SISO setups.

This is the reason we’ve been back to Telluride so many times. We can have the SISO style of Mountainside but the small town vibes of the city with a quick gondola ride at night.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I had to bring this over from the other thread. Your thread title and the timing seemed to fit. Carry on....😂😂😂
Screenshot_20221206-183115_Samsung Internet.jpg